Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    I edited the post that you failed to do your homework and read on.
    I didn't "fail to do my homework" on ANYTHING here, Shuny - I'm simply asking you to back up your claim.

Part of the point you missed is there has been many people walking through the house and nothing was ever stolen, and yes there is a water source there frequently used by others in the neighborhood, according to the owner Larry English quoted by his attorney, Elizabeth Graddy.

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...8-c9b44c32558c
    That's not what you claimed!!! You said "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor".

Now, how bout you do YOUR homework, and either back up that claim, or admit you misspoke. FACTS matter.

At this point, I'm just going to assume you play fast and loose with the truth, and accuracy doesn't matter. Or, you're just a really bad writer.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

As I said, you would make a good lawyer for ENRON, or maybe their bookkeeper.
      Yeah, absent facts, make moronic accusations.

What I said stands and well documented.
      Only in your head.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Yeah, absent facts, make moronic accusations.

Only in your head.
        An excellent self reflection of the nature of your posts, attitude, and failure to compose a coherent response.

I had to step by step cite the sources that have been in the news for awhile, and you failed to read.

There is also a problem with rogue06 showing a picture from one of the cites without reading the context of the security videos and what the homeowner said. A dishonest selective citation to justify his agenda.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 10:17 PM.
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

An excellent self reflection....
          Lemme know when you've done that. Meanwhile, don't allow your incredible bias to cause you to write so sloppy, then hide behind the race card.

Comment

Well, I just like the truth, Shuny, and want you to get a little closer to it.

Oh, for cryin' out loud, you yahoos see racism in everything anybody says --- stop being such an bozo.

No, I didn't miss that at all - but that does NOT back up your FALSE CLAIM that "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor". No evidence whatsoever that's true -- simply a speculation on the part of the victim's lawyer.

Does the TRUTH not matter to you, Shuny? It's OK just to throw false claims around, as long as you can accuse the other guy of being a racist?
            The truth, if you really want it, is that the McMichaels lied. They said that they went after him because there was a lot of breakins in the nieghborhood lately and that Arbery was black, oops, I mean, Arbery looked like the suspect. Fact is there were no reported breakins in the neighborhood, so Arbery couldn't have looked to them like the suspect. The only breakin, which I don't believe was even reported, was the theft of the moron McMichael's gun, which the idiot left outside in his car. That was probably their real motivation, certainly not the excuse that they gave, that there were recent breakinsin the neighborhood.

Comment

Lemme know when you've done that. Meanwhile, don't allow your incredible bias to cause you to write so sloppy, then hide behind the race card.
              Pointing out the racial bias coming from the defenders of the McMichaels gang is not hiding behind the race card. Don't take it personal, but that's the canard that is always thrown out there whenever anyone points out the racism they see. We heard the same accusations, "that we're huding behind the race card", when pointing out the racism of the Treyvon Martin murderer.

Comment

Yes,according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor. The home owner never objected to this activity, and nothing was ever stolen.
                If nothing was being stolen why was the owner complaining to the police? Why did he install the security system? Why did the police tell him to contact McMichael if there were problems on the site?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  The truth, if you really want it, is that the McMichaels lied. They said that they went after him because there was a lot of breakins in the nieghborhood lately and that Arbery was black, oops, I mean, Arbery looked like the suspect. Fact is there were no reported breakins in the neighborhood, so Arbery couldn't have looked to them like the suspect. The only breakin, which I don't believe was even reported, was the theft of the moron McMichael's gun, which the idiot left outside in his car. That was probably their real motivation, certainly not the excuse that they gave, that there were recent breakinsin the neighborhood.
                  That may actually be true, Jim - I just hate it when people like Shuny go way beyond the facts, and post goofy nonsense like "according to the homeowner it was a common place in the neighborhood for people to stop for a drink of water as many photos showed on the security monitor". Why can't you guys just stick with the FACTS, and not make stuff up?

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    If nothing was being stolen why was the owner complaining to the police? Why did he install the security system? Why did the police tell him to contact McMichael if there were problems on the site?
                    Are we seeing any comments directly from the homeowner in his own words? Because I wouldn't trust his lawyer any further than I could throw a bull by the tail.

Comment

Likely because he wanted to monitor the preperty so that IFanything was stolen he would have evidence, and perhaps so he could know how often people were coming on the property. This is all normal rogue. People are curious about a new property. There is a sense it doesnt belong to anyone yet, so it's ok to check it out. Sometimes people do steal things on a property under construction. Often a security system is installed to guard against that until the property has reached the point it can be closed and locked.

Again, you are trying to paint arbery as a criminal when there is no evidence he was. Why? There are two reasons. The desire to justify the shooters, and the ingrained racial prejudice that a black man hanging out on the property is up to no good. You need to come to grips with that.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020, 09:05 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The problem is your emotional erratic incoherent responses
                        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I have no reference that the owner complained to the police, In fact as cited the owner was dismissive of the problem, I do not believe the owner made the 911 call. It is standard to have security systems. Nothing was said by the owner that the reason for installing the security cameras was motivated by the visitors to access the water. Nothing was ever reported to be stolen.

You still cited only one picture out of context to justify your agenda.
                          There is absolutely no reference by the owner that anything was ever stolen.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 09:24 AM.

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                            No, you haven't kept an open mind, MM. It's just opening up a wee bit now that the evidence is piling up against you. Just admit you've been prejudiced and grow.
                            False. I said from the very start of this thread that the fact that Arbery was caught trespassing doesn't justify the actions taken against him. But neither have I seen anything to suggest that the McMichaels are cold blooded murders who only went after him because he was black.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post737566

I'm keeping an open mind. Are you?
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The problem is your emotional erratic incoherent responses
                              The is far more likely to be in the eye of the beholder, so I will allow you to wallow in your ignorance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                False. I said from the very start of this thread that the fact that Arbery was caught trespassing doesn't justify the actions taken against him. But neither have I seen anything to suggest that the McMichaels are cold blooded murders who only went after him because he was black.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post737566

I'm keeping an open mind. Are you?
                                I think one of the most difficult things about this is that the liberals are absolutely determined to make Arbery some kind of saint, just like they did Trayvon Martin. Now, to be clear, I have no reason to believe that Arbery was anywhere NEAR the "character" that Martin was, but it's the same kind of thing --- in order to make the incident uglier than it is, they have to make up stuff about the victim.

How bout we just stick to the facts?

Comment