Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Just cant handle the fact I'm mostly right about these things can you

Studies have shown that group think is not deterred by the facts or by the evidence. How many people pride themselves on being independent thinkers, yet just like you MM are simply undeterred by the facts and the realities. I could be right on the next 20 topics and wrong on the 21st and your prejudice and loyalty to the herd would latch onto the 1 as representative of reality and excuse the other 20 as accidents rather than re-evaluate you own position.
    I really have no idea what you're going on about.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      I really have no idea what you're going on about.
      I know.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Arbery was guilty of trespassing. That was never in doubt. However, as I said from the start, that does not necessarily justify any of the actions taken against him.
        And if you were not prejudiced you'd acknowledge his 'guilt' is a technicality - not guilt of any meaningful kind, and your conversation would be focused on the insanity and the cruelty of what was done to him, instead of looking for reasons or explanations that raise his apparent guilt level and excuse those that killed him.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And if you were not prejudiced...

Comment

And if you were not prejudiced you'd acknowledge his 'guilt' is a technicality - not guilt of any meaningful kind, and your conversation would be focused on the insanity and the cruelty of what was done to him, instead of looking for reasons or explanations that raise his apparent guilt level and excuse those that killed him.
            Exactly.
            "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I think, when it comes to race, those who identify a wrong against a black man, for example, tend to go a little overboard in making a saint out of the victim, instead of just accepting who he was. It doesn't make the actions against him any less wrong or brutal to admit who he was.
              I think just the opposite is true, that the innate prejudice in some people makes them tend to go a little overboard in making a criminal out of the victim, instead of just seeing him as another human being. Had he been a 25 year old white man tracked down and shot to death by 3 black men, someone, like a certain poster here, I don't believe would be making the argument that "he wasn't just some innocent white guy out for a jog." He would most lkely be calling for the heads of the culprits. Had the opposite been the case,had the perpetrators been black, then I'd be just as outraged at the actions of the 3 black men.
              Last edited by JimL; 05-22-2020, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                I think just the opposite is true, that the innate prejudice in some people makes them tend to go a little overboard in making a criminal out of the victim, instead of just seeing him as another human being. Had he been a 25 year old white man tracked down and shot to death by 3 black men, someone, like a certain poster here, I don't believe would be making the argument that "he wasn't just some innocent white guy out for a jog." He would most lkely be calling for the heads of the culprits.
                If all other things were equal -- if that white guy had a history of trespassing and other suspicious behavior like repeatedly wandering around a construction site after dark, and if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop -- then I would have said the exact same thing. In fact, I probably would have been more pointed in my criticism of just how ridiculously boneheaded he was to attack someone armed with a shotgun and attempt to wrestle the gun away because I could say so without being accused of racism for coming down hard on the white guy.

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                Had the opposite been the case,had the perpetrators been black, then I'd be just as outraged at the actions of the 3 black men.
                In that case, I assume you are just as outraged over the half-a-dozen or so stories I linked to earlier of black folks being arrested or convicted for killing white folks, right? Of course these stories were ignored by the national media. I wonder why?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  I think just the opposite is true
                  I am absolutely stunned.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• This is interesting:

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...d-with-murder/

The question remains: Did the McMichaels commit a felony in their attempts to apprehend Arbery? I have yet to see a definitive answer.

Comment

This is interesting:

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...d-with-murder/

The question remains: Did the McMichaels commit a felony in their attempts to apprehend Arbery? I have yet to see a definitive answer.
                      I think you're aware that "the state" often goes for the jugular in hopes of getting a plea deal and avoiding trial. This being a very racially charged issue, though, that probably won't track.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If all other things were equal -- if that white guy had a history of trespassing and other suspicious behavior like repeatedly wandering around a construction site after dark, and if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop -- then I would have said the exact same thing. In fact, I probably would have been more pointed in my criticism of just how ridiculously boneheaded he was to attack someone armed with a shotgun and attempt to wrestle the gun away because I could say so without being accused of racism for coming down hard on the white guy.
                        There you go again, you just can't stop youself, MM. You just gotta keep disparaging that black victim.

In that case, I assume you are just as outraged over the half-a-dozen or so stories I linked to earlier of black folks being arrested or convicted for killing white folks, right? Of course these stories were ignored by the national media. I wonder why?
                        I only bothered to look at the first cite. Yeah, I think it's dispicable what they did. Did you post them because you were outraged, or did you post them to prove to us that you're not prejudiced?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                          There you go again, you just can't stop youself, MM. You just gotta keep disparaging that black victim.
                          That whistling sound is the point going over your head.

Comment

... if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop ...
                            Since when does chasing a man down with two vehicles, 3 men, two of them armed, constitute 'asking'

still trying to paint the killers as nice little white folk trying to stop the big bad black man.

Comment

still trying to paint the killers as nice little white folk trying to stop the big bad black man.

Comment

I think the part you cut bears repeating:

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                                Since when does chasing a man down with two vehicles, 3 men, two of them armed, constitute 'asking'

Comment