Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 724

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

  1. #391
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,075
    Amen (Given)
    6582
    Amen (Received)
    8086
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    I think the part you cut bears repeating:
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

  2. #392
    Evolution is God's ID rogue06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southeastern U.S. of A.
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    59,256
    Amen (Given)
    1218
    Amen (Received)
    21607
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think you're aware that "the state" often goes for the jugular in hopes of getting a plea deal and avoiding trial. This being a very racially charged issue, though, that probably won't track.
    In cases like this there is also pressure to over charge in order to placate the mob.

    I'm always still in trouble again

    "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

  3. #393
    tWebber
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,209
    Amen (Given)
    1262
    Amen (Received)
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    In cases like this there is also pressure to over charge in order to placate the mob.
    While focusing on possible guilt on the side of the victim, who is now dead, of course has nothing to do with "the mob". Nothing at all, of course not, how dare I even think along those lines....?
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

  4. #394
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,927
    Amen (Given)
    13432
    Amen (Received)
    28174
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    In cases like this there is also pressure to over charge in order to placate the mob.
    That's always a danger, and it was on parade here locally when a judge declared that he "had to make an example" of a convicted cop and gave him the max sentence PLUS, because Quanell X had been here with the media to focus attention on this case.

    The accused most CERTAINLY abused his power, and should have lost his job and TCOLE license, but the judge went WAY beyond that. I'll never forget how his hands shook as he read his sentencing statement, because he knew FULL WELL he was screwing up, and has never been able to look me in the eye since.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  5. #395
    See, the Thing is... Cow Poke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Republic of Texas
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    61,927
    Amen (Given)
    13432
    Amen (Received)
    28174
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    While focusing on possible guilt on the side of the victim, who is now dead, of course has nothing to do with "the mob". Nothing at all, of course not, how dare I even think along those lines....?
    Good to see you Charles.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  6. #396
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    469
    Amen (Given)
    68
    Amen (Received)
    152
    https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...-week-later%2F

    Here is another isolated, regional incident. The difference is this one doesn't advance a narrative for the Left, so it is mostly ignored.

    For some reason, this punk was beating elderly patients in a Michigan nursing home. This particular victim is a veteran. The punk also beat an elderly woman - filming both incidents himself.
    Last edited by Ronson; 05-23-2020 at 12:15 PM.

  7. #397
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,387
    Amen (Given)
    691
    Amen (Received)
    1993
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...-week-later%2F

    Here is another isolated, regional incident. The difference is this one doesn't advance a narrative for the Left, so it is mostly ignored.

    For some reason, this punk was beating elderly patients in a Michigan nursing home. This particular victim is a veteran. The punk also beat an elderly woman - filming both incidents himself.
    So, this is bad. But the idea that it was 'ignored' in deference to what happened to avery needs substance, not whispers from conspiracy minded Twitter posters. On any given day, a lot of evil happens, I'm sure on any given day, more evil happens than can be reported, and there are a lot of factors that go into determining what we see on national news. I choose not go down the 'it's a big bad conspiracy' road without solid evidence, and a Twitter post ain't it.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  8. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  9. #398
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    469
    Amen (Given)
    68
    Amen (Received)
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    So, this is bad. But the idea that it was 'ignored' in deference to what happened to avery needs substance, not whispers from conspiracy minded Twitter posters. On any given day, a lot of evil happens, I'm sure on any given day, more evil happens than can be reported, and there are a lot of factors that go into determining what we see on national news. I choose not go down the 'it's a big bad conspiracy' road without solid evidence, and a Twitter post ain't it.
    There is no conspiracy. I think it's human nature to zero in on what is important to us personally and ignore the rest. Likely it is subconscious.

    The media leans left so the Avery story is important to them. It fits their worldview. They're getting a ton of mileage out of it, where the nursing home story doesn't fit for them.

    What you say above (bold) is my take on both of these isolated, local race stories. But I might theorize that Jaydon Hayden (the punk at the nursing home) could have gotten all fired up with rage after being pummeled by the Georgia story every day.

    Just a thought.

  10. #399
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,166
    Amen (Given)
    2134
    Amen (Received)
    1684
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/s...-week-later%2F

    Here is another isolated, regional incident. The difference is this one doesn't advance a narrative for the Left, so it is mostly ignored.

    For some reason, this punk was beating elderly patients in a Michigan nursing home. This particular victim is a veteran. The punk also beat an elderly woman - filming both incidents himself.
    So is your point that the story should have been ignored? This story was pretty much ignored as well, for months, until the corruption in the justice system came to light. We're discussing it now, but when did it take place, somewhere back in February I believe.

  11. #400
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    469
    Amen (Given)
    68
    Amen (Received)
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    So is your point that the story should have been ignored? This story was pretty much ignored as well, for months, until the corruption in the justice system came to light. We're discussing it now, but when did it take place, somewhere back in February I believe.
    Not ignored, but not overhyped either. It is quite possible this punk got fired up after the constant barrage of Arbery stories in the news.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •