Page 80 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Only unintentionally, huh? Talk about a back-handed compliment.

"You would be quite attractive if you weren't short, fat, and ugly."
    Almost all the participants in this thread presenting views consistent with conservative media rhetoric have been tools of racist rhetiric. Many of us that are the privileged hold effectively racist views without really understanding that is what they are, and even though we do not accept any racist viewpoint that we recognize as such.

As a consequence, many of us are unintentionally racist in our posts here.

So while you'd prefer to fan hostility, I was simply trying to assure CP I recgnize that he would never intentionally support racist dialogue.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's your deal, Roy? I've always treated you with courtesy and respect.
    MM described Arbery as having "cased the place a number of times at night on multiple occasions", and you agreed that he was just laying out the facts.

But it is not a fact that Arbery 'cased' the building, unless you or MM can show that he was planning to rob it.

Your refusal to comment suggests that you have no problem either with MM's description or his subsequent pretence that he had never done anything other than lay out facts. It suggests that you won't ever call him to task on this unfounded accusation, either because he's a fellow conservative Christian and you don't want to be seen arguing n public, or, given your failure to ever say that Arbery might not have been 'casing' the place, because you agree with him.

Was Arbrey 'casing' the building?

P.S. You'll probably dismiss this as 'nit-picking', but it's not - it's an accusation of criminal intent.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

3. Amen Charles, oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    MM described Arbery as having "cased the place a number of times at night on multiple occasions", and you agreed that he was just laying out the facts.
    Where?

But it is not a fact that Arbery 'cased' the building, unless you or MM can show that he was planning to rob it.
    I don't believe I supported that claim - it's a FACT, according to his family's lawyer, that he was there before - but I never saw that as "casing" the place. On the other hand, I have no way of knowing it was NOT.

Your refusal to comment
    This is a steaming load of horsie poo - DECLINING to comment on something is not the same as REFUSING to comment.

suggests that you have no problem either with MM's description or his subsequent pretence that he had never done anything other than lay out facts.
    By telling JimL he'd have to take that up with MM should indicate to an honest broker that I don't share those same views.

It suggests that you won't ever call him to task on this unfounded accusation, either because he's a fellow conservative Christian and you don't want to be seen arguing n public, or, given your failure to ever say that Arbery might not have been 'casing' the place, because you agree with him.
    I believe you have earned a Gold Medal in the Olympics of Conclusion Jumping.

Was Arbrey 'casing' the building?
    I don't see it as that, no.

P.S. You'll probably dismiss this as 'nit-picking', but it's not - it's an accusation of criminal intent.
    More conclusion jumping on your part, Roy. I honestly thought better of you.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm really coming to the conclusion that JimL is "that kid" back in elementary who would do anything, say anything, no matter how stupid or false it is, just to get attention.

And, as I was taught in youth ministry, "BAD attention is still attention".
    Well, I could do as you do and call that an outright lie, but in reality you'd just be wrong in your conclusion once again. I'm just the opposite, I don't like attention, good or bad and never did.

But this response of yours to MM is what I mean by your insinuating that Arbery was in some way to blame. In the post to which you just responded, MM suggested that the facts point to Arbery's guilt, that he was up to no good. And do you correct him in that what he says is not true.Do you tell him that the facts do not make it clear that Arbery was up to no good? No you don't? Instead you basically agree with him by criticizing me to whom his post was directed. You've also suggested Arbery's guilt yourself by stating over and over again that Arbery lived 10 miles away and visited the site on multiple occassions at night, suggesting of course that by night you mean in the dark, when in fact he lived two miles away and you have no idea whether he visited the site on multiple occassions in the dark of night or not. Did you make any such insinuations about the McMichaels, did you look into their or their accomplices history? No. But you did attempt to defend their actions. You can call me a liar all you want, but none of that is a lie.
    Last edited by JimL; 06-01-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Well, I could do as you do and call that an outright lie
    I'm not worried - you'd have to substantiate it, and you can't.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    ....You've also suggested Arbery's guilt yourself by stating over and over again that Arbery lived 10 miles away...
    Instead of accusing you of lying, I'll instead charge you with ignorance and stupidity....

Well, hold on a cotton pickin' minute.... It's not an "outright lie", it's one of the facts that's in dispute. Supposedly he was staying with his mother "a few miles from the scene", but I don't think that's been established yet.
    Sticking with the FACTS....
    One of the claims was that Arbery was jogging "10 miles from home". It appears, however, that Arbery was staying with his mother "within a few miles of neighborhood".
    Is this in dispute?
    I think that's where he actually lived, but you're right - I haven't actually seen a cite for that. I have dropped that "10 miles from home", because I can't substantiate that.
    Proof I care about the FACTS, and proof you're a ... um.... donkey.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Almost all the participants in this thread presenting views consistent with conservative media rhetoric have been tools of racist rhetiric. Many of us that are the privileged hold effectively racist views without really understanding that is what they are, and even though we do not accept any racist viewpoint that we recognize as such.

As a consequence, many of us are unintentionally racist in our posts here.

So while you'd prefer to fan hostility, I was simply trying to assure CP I recgnize that he would never intentionally support racist dialogue.
    I'm really not surprised to see you promote the "all whites are inherently racist" nonsense.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
    Yes, as in he entered the structure and looked around. Do you deny this?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Instead of accusing you of lying, I'll instead charge you with ignorance and stupidity....

Proof I care about the FACTS, and proof you're a ... um.... donkey.
    Unfortunately you asserted it as fact about 9 or 10 times, just like you asserted that he visited the site at night, insinuating in the dark of night, about the same amount of times.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Yes, as in he entered the structure and looked around. Do you deny this?
    We're all quite aware of what is meant by casing the joint, MM.

12. Amen Roy amen'd this post.