Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    ...except for the fact we all know that if this 'tresspasser' had been white, there is no way these yahoos would have been chasing him down with guns.
    If that's a fact then I assume you have some evidence to support it.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Sticking with the FACTS....

One of the claims was that Arbery was jogging "10 miles from home". It appears, however, that Arbery was staying with his mother "within a few miles of neighborhood".

Is this in dispute?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Pointing out the racial bias coming from the defenders of the McMichaels gang is not hiding behind the race card.
        That's not what I'm referencing at all. I'm talking about Shuny's nutty complaint that "wait a cotton pickin minute" is racist.
        Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        ... Give up your racist cotton pickin' minute ...

Don't take it personal,
        I don't.

but that's the canard that is always thrown out there whenever anyone points out the racism they see.
        Do you get the vapors when somebody says "cotton pickin minute", Jim?

We heard the same accusations, "that we're huding behind the race card", when pointing out the racism of the Treyvon Martin murderer.
        You never seem to miss an opportunity to spew forth nonsense.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

..."that we're huding behind the race card", when pointing out the racism of the Treyvon Martin murderer.
          You mean like when you guys went apoplectic about a "white guy" killing a "black man", when Zimmerman was actually Hispanic, or, as some idiot at the New York Times described him - a "white Hispanic"?

And you care so much for Trayvon that you can't even get his name right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            False. I said from the very start of this thread that the fact that Arbery was caught trespassing doesn't justify the actions taken against him. But neither have I seen anything to suggest that the McMichaels are cold blooded murders who only went after him because he was black.

http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post737566

I'm keeping an open mind. Are you?
            That's really funny, MM. Did you read your own post and still think you had an open mind right from the beginning. You already had the guy guilty. "You said this guy wasn't jogging. He didn't just happen to pass by and poke his head in out of curiosity. He was 10 miles from his house. (An outright lie) He cased the place on multiple occasions at night. (Another outright lie). This guy was shot because of his own aggressiveness." But this lie that he was just some innocent black guy out for a jog, needs to be rejected!

That's what you call an open mind? That's not an open mind, MM, that's a prejudiced mind.

Hard to believe you cited that post in your defense.
            Last edited by JimL; 05-25-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

...He was 10 miles from his house. (An outright lie)
              Well, hold on a cotton pickin' minute.... It's not an "outright lie", it's one of the facts that's in dispute. Supposedly he was staying with his mother "a few miles from the scene", but I don't think that's been established yet.

He cased the place on multiple occasions at night. (Another outright lie).
              Perhaps you're unaware how difficult it is to prove a negative? IF he was filmed at the scene at night in the past, that's evidence that could be used to support the claim that he was "casing the place" (though I think that's a stretch, given I don't see any kind of criminal activity in Arbery's past, and some possible police abuse in the past)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                If that's a fact then I assume you have some evidence to support it.
                Well, the fact that many 'white' people were seen walking through the house and no one called 911.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Well, hold on a cotton pickin' minute.... It's not an "outright lie", it's one of the facts that's in dispute. Supposedly he was staying with his mother "a few miles from the scene", but I don't think that's been established yet.
                  And where did the 10 miles away accusation come from? I haven't seen it cited anywhere other than from, MM.

Perhaps you're unaware how difficult it is to prove a negative? IF he was filmed at the scene at night in the past, that's evidence that could be used to support the claim that he was "casing the place" (though I think that's a stretch, given I don't see any kind of criminal activity in Arbery's past, and some possible police abuse in the past)
                  Right, so then you don't posit a negative. I've seen no direct evidence that Arberry was ever there before. Not that it would matter if he was. There is really not a whole lot that is left at construction site like that to be stolen anyway. What was he going to do carry lumber 2 1/2 miles to his house?

Comment

. . . nor is their any evidence of a criminal record, nor that anything was ever stolen. Is then a possible conclusion that many other 'white' adults and children seen taking the same route as Aubrey 'casing the place?'
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

You mean like when you guys went apoplectic about a "white guy" killing a "black man", when Zimmerman was actually Hispanic, or, as some idiot at the New York Times described him - a "white Hispanic"?
                      People were apoplectic, as you define it, because it was a murder based on racism., not because the murderer was white. If the kid was a white kid, odds are it would never have happened.
                      And you care so much for Trayvon that you can't even get his name right.
                      That's just an idiotic comment, CP.

Comment

Actually considering Hispanics white is a common accepted racial designation, and yes Hispanics are a wide range of racial mix from pure Caucasian to Native American mix like Mestizo. Hispanic is more a cultural designation as being from the Hispanic culture of South and Central America. The tribal people of South and Central America with very little mixing are considered Native American, and not White.
                        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 10:31 AM.

Frank

Comment

And where did the 10 miles away accusation come from? I haven't seen it cited anywhere other than from, MM.
                          I think that's where he actually lived, but you're right - I haven't actually seen a cite for that. I have dropped that "10 miles from home", because I can't substantiate that.

Right, so then you don't posit a negative.
                          Jim, do you dispute that Arbery was on film at that place in the past AT NIGHT?

I've seen no direct evidence that Arberry was ever there before.
                          How do you read with your eyes closed that tight? Here's a clue - when claims are made that Arbery was there at night in the past, the family attorney doesn't dispute that at all, he simply pivots to a claim that multiple people had been there "for water". When somebody's defense is "others have been there, too", instead of "he was never there prior"...

Not that it would matter if he was.
                          Then why are you arguing it? You do this a lot --- you get involved in an argument, then claim, "well, it doesn't matter". I think that's your way of admitting you have a very weak argument, and may well be proven wrong.

There is really not a whole lot that is left at construction site like that to be stolen anyway. What was he going to do carry lumber 2 1/2 miles to his house?
                          I think this shows your ignorance, Jim - one of the primary targets for a home like this is COPPER. There is PLENTY of copper exposed in a home before the sheet rock goes up. Lemme splain this to you. Many times, the sheet rockers will do ONE SIDE of interior walls while the electricians install romex or conduit and low voltage wiring for thermostats, doorbells, security cameras, internet, alarms.... What happens a lot is this material is stripped out, piled up, and either dumped at the back of the property for later pickup or somebody else to collect it. NOTE - I am NOT SAYING that's what Arbery is done - as I have already stated, I don't see ANY prior criminal history in him -- unlike Trayvon Martin, which you seem to think is somehow equal.

Here's the problem --- you keep coming up with nutty theories or questions to discount actual facts, instead of looking at the actual facts and seeing where they lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                            Actually considering Hispanics white is a common accepted racial designation, and yes Hispanics are a wide range of racial mix from pure Caucasian to Native American mix like Mestizo. Hispanic is more a cultural designation as being from the Hispanic culture of South and Central America. The tribal people of South and Central America with very little mixing are considered Native American, and not White.
                            Wow....

Why did New York Times call George Zimmerman ‘white Hispanic’?

The national media doesn’t do stories on black-on-black crime. . . . They don’t do stories on black-on-white crime. . . . The New York Times, in almost a caricature of a liberal media, refers to George Zimmerman as a ‘white Hispanic.’ I guarantee you that if George Zimmerman did something good — if he finished first in his high school graduating class when he was younger — they wouldn’t refer to him as a white Hispanic, he’d just be a Hispanic. . . . He’s only a ‘white Hispanic’ because they need the word ‘white’ to further the story line, which is, White, probably racist vigilante shoots an unarmed black kid.

National Review’s Jonah Goldberg advances a twin argument, blasting the use of the “white Hispanic” term: “It’s the way the blame for Martin’s death belongs squarely at the feet of ‘the system.’ And ‘the system’ is a white thing, don’t you know?”

Here’s an example of what Goldberg and Goldberg are citing: “Mr. Zimmerman, 28, a white Hispanic, told the police that he shot Trayvon in self-defense after an altercation.” That line comes from a March 22 New York Times news story about a development in the case.

The formulation is indeed an eyebrow-lifter. How often does such a term get tossed about? A Nexis search of the New York Times for “white Hispanic” over the past five years turns up 112 results. Yet that number is deceptively large....

The article goes on to expose the falsehood that "white Hispanic" is a common term.

Comment

Here's the problem --- you keep coming up with nutty theories or questions to discount actual facts, instead of looking at the actual facts and seeing where they lead.
                              Actual facts indicate that there is no evidence nor record of criminal activity at the site in question and numerous other people took the same route as Aubrey, which is toward the water source. If Aubrey was jogging at night his stop for water would be at night.

Frank

Comment

People were apoplectic, as you define it, because it was a murder based on racism.,
                                EGGzackly!!!! If Trayvon had been killed by a black guy, nobody - including you - would even give a flip.

not because the murderer was white.
                                Well, cept for the fact that he was Hispanic. It was only in the news because they ASSUMED he was white.

Comment