Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
    He's been so brainwashed by SJW nonsense, he literally cannot think rationally about this issue. It's a crazy thing to watch in realtime. I get especially upset by it because it's dangerous and not good for society to be this divided on issues that told in false ways.
    Since I had to look up SJW to even know what it means, and since I don't follow anything of that nature, that would be unlikely. You guys commonly resort to thinking I'm like reading all these texts written by these radical organizations to derive my views. Sorry, that just isn't the case.

And I think the 'trouble thinking rationally' is more likely coming from those that must resort to ad hominem rather that reasoned argumentation in their responses.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Good grief. So do I get this right. Someone stole a gun A MONTH AGO means the black guy jogging down the street is a suspect?
      Again, you leave out the key facts.

1) A crime occurred in a neighborhood. Typically when that happens, neighborhood watches go on hyper-alert. Do you not know that?
      2) He was trespassing in a construction zone. 911 was called and police were dispatched on him because of it.

Why are you refusing to acknowledge them, Jim? Is it because the shooters are white? Are you a closet racist?

And that two guys should grab their guns, block the road, and attempt to subdue him?
      That's how Citizen's Arrests usually work, Jim.

And of course, the fact he took a few minutes in an empty house under construction seals the deal - right? (assuming they even knew about it)
      If they had a CB tuned to the police frequency, they very well could have heard the dispatch call, right?

And of course, they would have done this whether or not the dude jogging was black or white - right?
      Unknown. None of their history has been shared publicly, right?

Is that the story you want me to buy into?
      I want you to stop reading between the lines and look at ALL the facts. You've done nothing of the sort as of yet.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Since I had to look up SJW to even know what it means, and since I don't follow anything of that nature, that would be unlikely. You guys commonly resort to thinking I'm like reading all these texts written by these radical organizations to derive my views. Sorry, that just isn't the case.

And I think the 'trouble thinking rationally' is more likely coming from those that must resort to ad hominem rather that reasoned argumentation in their responses.
        You don't have to read SJW literature to be influenced by it. It's infected our western culture. Like I said, it's dangerous and downright immoral what you've been arguing here. There are potential societal consequences of tainting a volatile situation like this with speculative racial connotations and just false information in general. It's IMMORAL and disgusting, plain and simple.

Comment

You don't have to read SJW literature to be influenced by it. It's infected our western culture. Like I said, it's dangerous and downright immoral what you've been arguing here. There are potential societal consequences of tainting a volatile situation like this with speculative racial connotations and just false information in general. It's IMMORAL and disgusting, plain and simple.
          I see - You mean it is possible to be influenced by thought and biases within our culture without knowing it?
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

I see - You mean it is possible to be influenced by thought and biases within our culture without knowing it?
            touché

But it's not a one-way street

Comment

Yes, I guess I may be a product of racist conservative propaganda influence because it's just oozing out of every coffee house, art gallery, and vintage boutique shop here in downtown LA

Comment

Yes, I guess I may be a product of racist conservative propaganda influence because it's just oozing out of every coffee house, art gallery, and vintage boutique shop here in downtown LA
                It's more ooozing out of the conservative propaganda sources putting up the narratives being used in this thread about this shooting

And it is much less obvious than what you are implying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                  touché

But it's not a one-way street
                  I actually never said it was. I just said it was present in these narratives about this shooting. If the participants in this thread could have stayed away from ad hom and actually discussed that idea - of there being 'under the table influences' of that sort that influence us without our knowledge, even perhaps against our will - as it were - we could have gotten into both the ones I'm seeing in these conservative site narratives of this shooting, AND we could have gotten into some of the ones some of you may see in my responses as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    For the record, it's ox who I initially accused of lying. JimL just jumped on the bandwagon.
                    Yeah, I pointed out how you had already found the black guy to be guilty and were therefore defending the actions of the murderers. Never did you argue the guilt of the murderers actions. You might not be defending the murderers, but your prosecuting the victim, which amounts to the same thing.

Comment

Hard to be brainwashed by something you've never even heard of sean.

And I think the 'trouble thinking rationally' is more likley coming from those that must resort to ad hominem rather that reasoned argumentation to make their case.
                      I stated the facts. You falsely accused me of trying to justify the shooting.

You want to talk about resorting to ad hominens? Start with yourself.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Good grief. So do I get this right. Someone stole a gun A MONTH AGO means the black guy jogging down the street is a suspect? And that two guys should grab their guns, block the road, and attempt to subdue him?

And of course, the fact he took a few minutes in an empty house under construction seals the deal - right? (assuming they even knew about it)

And of course, they would have done this whether or not the dude jogging was black or white - right?

Is that the story you want me to buy into?
                        You do understand construction sites are prime targets of theft, right?
                        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          You do understand construction sites are prime targets of theft, right?
                          Not to mention that the owners knew somebody had been snooping around. That's why they installed a security camera.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Not to mention that the owners knew somebody had been snooping around. That's why they installed a security camera.
                            Must be the sign of a bunch of white collared workers. Lots of my family and friends work construction and get annoyed with tools, equipment, and material disappearing overnight. Construction sites don’t want you wandering around their site. They are targets of theft and don’t want the liability, of people wandering around.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                              If they had a CB tuned to the police frequency, they very well could have heard the dispatch call, right?
                              Picky point - policed wouldn't be broadcasting over CB, but there a many apps for phones where you can monitor police calls real time. And a former police officer would know this.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Has anybody disputed the reports that this same guy had been in this same house on multiple occasions AT NIGHT, 10 miles from his house?
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment