Page 89 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    There is absolutely ZERO evidence of any other crime. Arguing from ignorance gets you nowhere. The landowners were totally unconcerned.
    Then why did he contact the police about issues with trespassers and theft?

Then why did he install a security camera?

Is that what "totally unconcerned" is like in your mind?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It doesn't have to be part of your thinking for something to come unbidden out of your mouth in a high stress situation. Do you not understand how high stress can short circuit rational thought?
    MM .... stop before you dig the hole you've dug for yourself any deeper ... K?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

3. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Then why did he contact the police about issues with trespassers and theft?
    The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.

Then why did he install a security camera?
    The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime. As cited no crime committed here. The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey

Read the reference again.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-06-2020 at 04:54 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Dig, dig, dig, and ah . . . dig dig.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.
    So, in your view, the police just took it on themselves to send the property owner a text recommending that he contact McMichael if there were any problems with trespassers.

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime.
    Indeed. And that blows a ocean liner sized hole through your claim that he was "totally unconcerned" about trespassers and theft.

As cited no crime committed here.
    Only because you are determined to ignore the crime of trespassing.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Especially when dealing with "mean drunks" who are prone to say things for no other reason than to be nasty and hurtful.
    Had a coworker once tell me that being drunk allows you to be who you really are, and I said that who I really am is who I am with all of my inhibitions and rationality intact.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    He wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood lol. This is why we can't have nice things because people like you lie or exaggerate the narrative. The sad part is that the MSM plays off these false narratives to stoke racial and political tension for clicks. I"m not sure why YOU do it though.
    All indications are he was innocently jogging through the neighborhood. He did it regularly. The only possible fact that could call that into question is the stop at the house under construction. It was a short stop, he was never seen taking anything, and indications are it was to get water.

What I dont get is why you buy into the narratives that try to give some justification to the shooters.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-06-2020 at 05:50 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, he was innocently jogging through the neighborhood. He did it regularly. What I dont get is why you buy into the narratives that try to give some justification to the shooters.
    He was seen trespassing. That makes him not innocent by definition and it's what attracted the attention of the McMichaels. That doesn't justify Arbery being killed, but it does dispense with the false "jogging while black" narrative that has built up around this incident.

Now if it's proven that the McMichaels' actions prior to the shooting were illegal then according to Georgia law, as I understand it, they may be on the hook for life in prison even if it wasn't their intent to kill Arbery. But since the prosecution is going for a murder conviction, they may have made their job harder, because I'm not convinced that it was their intent to kill Arbery and that the decision, if it was even a decision at all, was made in the heat of the moment as Arbery tried to wrestle the gun away. I'm thinking manslaughter would have been easier to prove, but I suppose it's up to the jury to decide.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Had a coworker once tell me that being drunk allows you to be who you really are, and I said that who I really am is who I am with all of my inhibitions and rationality intact.
    Disagree. Who you really are also includes your decisions not to say mean and hateful things. IOW, getting drunk doesn't reveal the true you but rather a different you.