Page 91 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    My point has little to with the presentation of the all facts of a case, which is a given. It has everything to do with the continued focus on facts already shown to be irrelavent and the complete lack of focus on the killers, who THEY were, what THEIR background or foibles are. The only people getting any real scrutiny are the victims, and the majority of comments, the majority of the facts brought to light and presented on these pages serves primarily to denigrate the victims and partially absolve the killers.
    That is absolutely true. Some like to claim they are so focused on "facts" when the truth is, they only take interest in certain "facts". Their focus says an awful lot about their state of mind.
    Last edited by Charles; 06-06-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

2. Amen JimL, DivineOb amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    Still doing your best to defend the actions of the McMichaels, eh MM?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Christian blues musician Glenn Kaiser has written an interesting piece called: White America Wake Up, Grow Up, Ante Up

Plenty of professing Christians in my nation shrug and rationalize “Probably had it coming, reaping what they sowed, we don’t have all the facts, judge not” while blood cries out from the ground. When will we Wake Up from this nightmare of fatalities we whites help create by our own prejudice, willful distance and ignorance, self-righteousness, fear and violent attacks often in the name of “self-defense”?
    Rather than repent, facing the many layers of cost to our pride, systemically racist laws, the normalcy of injustices including mass incarceration, murderS and more regularly pressed upon minority people in our land we think, speak and misquote scripture to carve ourselves exits. Easier to argue, social media troll, lock up people of color, even lock and load.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime. As cited no crime committed here. The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey

Read the reference again.
    You really just need to quit spewing forth ignorance.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Glenn Kaiser is from Chicago, so he's seen the worst of black-on-black violence.

Of course he's just spouting the usual "white privilege" and "critical race theory" nonsense, but I will continue enjoy his music nonetheless.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    The land owner did not contact nor complain to the police concerning a complaint of trespassing nor a complaint of any other crime.

[...]

The security camera is simply standard equipment on homes to prevent crime. As cited no crime committed here. The land owner gave the police copies of the videos simply as a part of the investigation of the murder of Ahmaud Aubrey

Read the reference again.
    I'm not trying to intervene in a general dispute you and Shunyadragon may have; I'm the new guy here, and I take no sides in conflicts like that.

Beyond this, I believe most of what Shunyadragon wrote/cited was accurate. You were right, too, when you said trespassing took place. I just think you're talking past each other.

Expound only if you want to, or leave this post as an observation which has no ultimate/cosmic significance whatsoever.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    I'm not trying to intervene in a general dispute you and Shunyadragon may have; I'm the new guy here, and I take no sides in conflicts like that.

Beyond this, I believe most of what Shunyadragon wrote/cited was accurate. You were right, too, when you said trespassing took place. I just think you're talking past each other.

Expound only if you want to, or leave this post as an observation which has no ultimate/cosmic significance whatsoever.
    Shuny reads something, makes WILD suppositions as to what was said, and responds to that. He has a history of doing this.

But, thanks.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shuny reads something, makes WILD suppositions as to what was said, and responds to that. He has a history of doing this.

But, thanks.
    You didn’t specify what wild assumptions he made. Moreover, you didn’t even acknowledge the valid points he made, which obviously makes you look like you’re siding with the racists in this case.

10. Amen shunyadragon amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You didn’t specify what wild assumptions he made. Moreover, you didn’t even acknowledge the valid points he made, which obviously makes you look like you’re siding with the racists in this case.
    Exactly.

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You need to respond coherently to the post, and respond to the reference I provided, which you conveniently dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by whag
    Still waiting . . .
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-06-2020 at 01:41 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

13. Amen Charles amen'd this post.