Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You only wanted to know the facts that made Arbery the more guilty CP.
    Absolutely false.

Those were the facts you focused on and emphasized. You even scolded Arbery and thos around him for not encouraging him not to run in that white neighborhood. Yet you are blind to what that says about racism in this country and in you.
    You are absolutely nuts. But, please, feel free to go on another holier-than-thou psychotic rant.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sorry, that simply does not fly. The oppression of black people is still here, and the people here in these threads are still part of it. However, your attempts to smear a voice calling out that same racism are not unexpected.

In reality, the issue is the opposite. You not seeing the explicit racism codified by law and its horror helps to keep you blind to the reality of the implicit racism and its cost and effect.
      It is clear to me that you are seeing what you want/expect to see based on your own personal struggles with racism. You can try to comfort yourself by insisting that all white people think exactly like you, but that's simply not true.

I'm not sure what else to say, but this is not an "us" problem, it's a "you" problem.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Absolutely false.

You are absolutely nuts. But, please, feel free to go on another holier-than-thou psychotic rant.
        And you are absolutely blind to what you did in this thread to diminish a man chased like a dog and killed for the crime of being black, and how you defended those that did the same, and cursed and mocked those that spoke out against the injustice that occurred that day - just like you are right now in this post.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• A sane reasonable approach to any situation, particularly where a death is involved and somebody may go to jail, is to look at ALL the facts.

I did this same thing in the George Floyd case.
          Even though it seemed blatantly obvious that there was ZERO justification for what Chauvin did, I went digging.
          I tried my best to find ANY backstory that might even possibly be a justification.
          Not because I'm racist, but because I'm an investigator by nature.
          My investigation into the George Floyd case convinced me that there was not even anything in my wildest imagination that could justify the brutal murder of Floyd.

When a case goes to trial, both the prosecution and the defense will offer evidence for their positions, AND be subject to cross examination.
          There will NOT be some incredibly biased and angry arbiter shouting "NO - YOU CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THAT, YOU RACIST!!!!!"
          There will be nobody there constantly repeating over and over and over and over what a racist nation we are -- the judge will declare that irrelevant to the case.

As I have stated before, I have actually been hired by one side to investigate their OWN CLIENT to see if there's anything "the other side" may find against him/her.
          There have, indeed, been times when I have discovered incriminating things against "our client", and we were able to get out ahead of those things.
          When "the other side" presented these "bomb shells", we would be fully prepared to explain, discard, negate or address the points "the other side" made.

That's what sane rational people do.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

.... and cursed and mocked those that spoke out against the injustice that occurred that day -
            Wow. Done with you. You are stark raving mad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              It is clear to me that you are seeing what you want/expect to see based on your own personal struggles with racism. You can try to comfort yourself by insisting that all white people think exactly like you, but that's simply not true.

I'm not sure what else to say, but this is not an "us" problem, it's a "you" problem.
              Hey, you've spent hundreds of posts trying to smear a black man chased like a dog and murdered for the crime of jogging in a white neighborhood, why should I expect any less? Go for it MM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Sorry, that simply does not fly. The oppression of black people is still here, and the people here in these threads are still part of it. However, your attempts to smear a voice calling out that same racism are not unexpected.

In reality, the issue is the opposite. You not seeing the explicit racism codified by law and its horror helps to keep you blind to the reality of the implicit racism and its cost and effect.
                Did you grow up, in Southern California, in the 90’s? No? So how do you know? Fact is, the civil rights era was pages in the history book for my generation and we have far less of a racist upbringing than your generation did. A fact you want to ignore so you can berate and attack anyone that doesn’t see things your way. In the 1940’s, California had Mexican Schools. In 1947, these segregated schools started to end. I didn’t start school till 1990, so segregation wasn’t ever part of my life.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

...killed for the crime of being black...
                  That's not what happened.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    EGGzackly.... in my workweek, I'm absolutely the minority white guy in the room, my "boss" and best friend is black, most of the people we minister to are black (there are a few Hispanics).... but somehow I'm a racist. And our pregnancy center, run by white folk, ministers to mostly black and Hispanic women.

It is just plain psychotic to come to that conclusion based on me wanting to know ALL of the facts in the case --- not to try to use them to construct an outcome, but to see what they tell us. That's actually the heart of "the scientific method", but in a case like this, that gets pooped on. IGNORE any facts that don't absolutely line up with the liberal narrative!
                    Maybe it’s guilt atonement. My generation never had segregation and my parents were children when it was strong in the south. We had protest, but not bombings or murder going on in California. Plus, I’m not full white anyway. My grandmother was Italian/American Indian/English and she was rather dark skinned. We were not raised in a racist environment simply because my grandmother’s family knew racism first hand and pushed their children and grandchildren not to be racist.
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke
                      I had a funny feeling there was something WEIRD about you.

But, yeah, I get suspicious when angry white people rage about racism FAR more than the black folk I work with in real life. We just treat each other like people.
                      Don’t get me wrong, we can’t help how our household or society out our doors was as kids, but not everyone knew racism the same way. I do not ever recall my grandparents or even my great-grandparents ever using a racial slur and would have gone off the handle if they ever heard it. That was not allowed. Maybe Oxi could try to understand that not everyone grew up with a racist family, in the Jim Crow era.
                      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 06-19-2020, 08:24 AM.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

There you go again. That is exactly what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                          Maybe it’s guilt atonement. My generation never had segregation and my parents were children when it was strong in the south. We had protest, but not bombings or murder going on in California. Plus, I’m not full white anyway. My grandmother was Italian/American Indian/English and she was rather dark skinned. We were not raised in a racist environment simply because my grandmother’s family knew racism first hand and pushed their children and grandchildren not to be racist.

But, yeah, I get suspicious when angry white people rage about racism FAR more than the black folk I work with in real life. We just treat each other like people.

(I think that's why our "protests" in our area have been more of a picnic than a protest - we know and respect each other. Most of the protesters were my friends from the faith-based mission)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke

Right, like all those black people raging on the streets of this nation dont count? This thread is about a black man chased like a dog and killed in a white neighborhood by white men who yelled F...... N..... when the deed was done. Of course I'm going to talk about racism in this thread.

But do continue to try to justify yourself. Your posts are all here CP, the record of what you defended and what you mocked is all right here.

Comment

Not to any sane rational person, anyway.

Comment

Right, like all those black people raging on the streets of this nation dont count? This thread is about a black man chased like a dog and killed in a white neighborhood by white men who yelled F...... N..... when the deed was done. Of course I'm going to talk about racism in this thread.

But do continue to try to justify yourself. Your posts are all here CP, the record of what you defended and what you mocked is all right here.
                                The entire country isn’t large cities.
                                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment