Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    ....You've also suggested Arbery's guilt yourself by stating over and over again that Arbery lived 10 miles away...
    Instead of accusing you of lying, I'll instead charge you with ignorance and stupidity....

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Well, hold on a cotton pickin' minute.... It's not an "outright lie", it's one of the facts that's in dispute. Supposedly he was staying with his mother "a few miles from the scene", but I don't think that's been established yet.
    Sticking with the FACTS....
    One of the claims was that Arbery was jogging "10 miles from home". It appears, however, that Arbery was staying with his mother "within a few miles of neighborhood".
    Is this in dispute?
    I think that's where he actually lived, but you're right - I haven't actually seen a cite for that. I have dropped that "10 miles from home", because I can't substantiate that.
    Proof I care about the FACTS, and proof you're a ... um.... donkey.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
      Almost all the participants in this thread presenting views consistent with conservative media rhetoric have been tools of racist rhetiric. Many of us that are the privileged hold effectively racist views without really understanding that is what they are, and even though we do not accept any racist viewpoint that we recognize as such.

As a consequence, many of us are unintentionally racist in our posts here.

So while you'd prefer to fan hostility, I was simply trying to assure CP I recgnize that he would never intentionally support racist dialogue.
      I'm really not surprised to see you promote the "all whites are inherently racist" nonsense.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
        MM described Arbery as having "cased the place a number of times at night on multiple occasions", and you agreed that he was just laying out the facts.
        Yes, as in he entered the structure and looked around. Do you deny this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Instead of accusing you of lying, I'll instead charge you with ignorance and stupidity....

Proof I care about the FACTS, and proof you're a ... um.... donkey.
          Unfortunately you asserted it as fact about 9 or 10 times, just like you asserted that he visited the site at night, insinuating in the dark of night, about the same amount of times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Yes, as in he entered the structure and looked around. Do you deny this?
            We're all quite aware of what is meant by casing the joint, MM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              In the post to which you just responded, MM suggested that the facts point to Arbery's guilt, that he was up to no good.
              No, I simply stated that facts. YOU'RE the one who inferred from the facts that this must mean that Arbery was up to no good. I have said several times that I don't have any what his intentions were. All I know is what he did.

Comment

We're all quite aware of what is meant by casing the joint, MM.
                I never said "casing the joint", which does have a different connotation. I said "case the place", as in he entered the dwelling and looked around on multiple occasions, several times at night. If you want to infer from this that he had criminal intent then that's on you. I never implied it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  No, I simply stated that facts. YOU'RE the one who inferred from the facts that this must mean that Arbery was up to no good. I have said several times that I don't have any what his intentions were. All I know is what he did.
                  MM: "The idea that this was just some black guy out for a jog, needs to be rejected."

Comment

MM: "The idea that this was just some black guy out for a jog, needs to be rejected."
                    Yep, because it doesn't tell the whole story. Claiming that he was an innocent black guy out for a jog makes it sound like he was minding his own business when he was suddenly confronted by two white guys who shot him without provocation. That's not the truth, Jimmy, and falsehoods should always be rejected.

Comment

Unfortunately you asserted it as fact about 9 or 10 times,
                      Jim, please....

Stop. Saying. Stupid. Stuff.

Just stop.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Jim, please....

Stop. Saying. Stupid. Stuff.

Just stop.
                        If it's stupid, or not true, then refute it, CP.

Comment

If it's stupid, or not true, then refute it, CP.
                          That's not how it works, Jim -- you made an asinine claim, and you are incapable of backing it up.
                          For example -- let's see you back up this stupidity....
                          Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Unfortunately you asserted it as fact about 9 or 10 times...

Good luck.

Ball's in your court -- I already posted examples of what I actually said.

Oh, and because you can be such a slippery little one, let's review what it is you claim I said "about 9 or 10 times"....
                          ...You've also suggested Arbery's guilt yourself by stating over and over again that Arbery lived 10 miles away...
                          Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-01-2020, 06:30 PM.

Comment

That's not how it works, Jim -- you made an asinine claim, and you are incapable of backing it up.
                            For example -- let's see you back up this stupidity....

Good luck.

Ball's in your court -- I already posted examples of what I actually said.
                            Post #s 71,79,82,94,125,165 is a far as I bothered to double check. It's true that you made the disclaimer many pages later after the fact concerning the 10 miles from his home, but you never retracted the assertion that Arbery visited the site multiple times in the dark of night. And you asserted that all MM was doing was laying out the facts, when he obviously was not only laying out the facts.

Comment

Post #s 71,79,82,94,125,165 is a far as I bothered to double check.
                              OK, I'll check your work, since you were too lazy to provide the actual quotes.

It's true that you made the disclaimer many pages later after the fact concerning the 10 miles from his home,
                              Depends on how many posts per page you're using, Jim - and I actually provided my quotes.

Gimme a few minutes do do your work for you.

Comment

• WOW, Jim, lookie there....

The VERY FIRST post you cited as me claiming "You've also suggested Arbery's guilt yourself by stating over and over again that Arbery lived 10 miles away" was actually in response to YOU saying that -- no WONDER you didn't want to include the actual quotes...

Yeah right, he jogged 10 miles, if that's even true, I don't know....
                                How many times have you gone 10 miles away from your own house on multiple occasions in the middle of the night to wander through the interior of a home under construction? MULTIPLE times AT NIGHT. Do you DO that, Jim? WHO DOES?
                                Mine was a question in response to you appearing to consider the possibility that the "10 miles" thing was true.

Seriously, Jim - stop saying stupid stuff.

Comment