Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And, lookie here, the SECOND supposed "proof" is YOU defending the "10 mile" thing, by bragging that you used to jog 10 miles (which I seriously doubt ever happened)....

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    I used to jog 10 miles all the time when I was younger,which is neither here or there,....
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    EGGzackly
    You're DEFENDING the 10 mile thing, Jim.

You REALLY suck at this "proof" thing.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      And, lookie here, the SECOND supposed "proof" is YOU defending the "10 mile" thing, by bragging that you used to jog 10 miles (which I seriously doubt ever happened)....
      Which was in response to Maxvells assertion that he was 10 miles from his home which was a lie which you picked up on and continued to push.

You're DEFENDING the 10 mile thing, Jim.
      That's an outright lie, you fibber you. I was making the point, in response to Maxvells assertion, that even had he been jogging 10 miles from his house, that would not be so unusual or relevant.
      You REALLY suck at this "proof" thing.
      People can read it for themselves, CP.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        People can read it for themselves, CP.
        And you never backed up your nutty false claim, Jim --- people can CERTAINLY see that. Because I did NOT say what you claimed I said, and CERTAINLY not "about 9 or 10 times.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which was in response to Maxvells assertion that he was 10 miles from his home which was a lie

Untrue. I'm not sure where I heard the '10 miles from home' thing, but it was not a lie.

It may be false, but I had no intent to mislead, nor at the time I posted did I know it was false. Ergo, a mistake (can you source your counterclaim that his home was closer than that?) which I'll quite gladly accept if someone can source better facts. But not a lie.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            Untrue. I'm not sure where I heard the '10 miles from home' thing, but it was not a lie.

It may be false, but I had no intent to mislead, nor at the time I posted did I know it was false. Ergo, a mistake (can you source your counterclaim that his home was closer than that?) which I'll quite gladly accept if someone can source better facts. But not a lie.
            Sorry Max, I shouldn't have said lie, it was a falsehood. It's been widely reported that he lived with his mom, about two, two and a half miles, from the scene.

Comment

Sorry Max, I shouldn't have said lie, it was a falsehood. It's been widely reported that he lived with his mom, about two, two and a half miles, from the scene.
              No worries, Jim. I don't know exactly where I got the idea from, I think it was part of the initial reporting somewhere. Probably not really that important in the scheme of things.

It seems to me that we (everyone) too often get buried in arguing about the meaning of an event before we've established and agreed on the facts of the event. Not just with this, but with so many other things. And people get angry at others but often it's because they don't share the same set of 'facts', not because they don't share the same set of values.

I wish we could discuss the facts more dispassionately, and save our anger and moral indignation for when we know we share the same facts.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

MM described Arbery as having "cased the place a number of times at night on multiple occasions", and you agreed that he was just laying out the facts.
                Where?
                This thread. MM said it in post #20, JimL quoted it in post #97 and in your reply, post #98, you said that MM was just "Explaining the facts of the case."
                I don't believe I supported that claim …
                You supported it, and then didn't respond when I tried to get clarification (post #112).

But I'm glad to see you now say that you don't think Arbrey was 'casing' the building.
                This is a steaming load of horsie poo - DECLINING to comment on something is not the same as REFUSING to comment.
                Definite nitpickery.
                By telling JimL he'd have to take that up with MM should indicate to an honest broker that I don't share those same views.
                It would, if you hadn't already endorsed them as being factual. In light of that, your avoidance to comment comes across very differently.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  MM described Arbery as having "cased the place a number of times at night on multiple occasions", and you agreed that he was just laying out the facts.
                  Yes, as in he entered the structure and looked around. Do you deny this?
                  No - but "cased the place" means more than just entering and looking around. There are lots of other words you could have used that don't imply criminal intent.
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  I never said "casing the joint", which does have a different connotation. I said "case the place", as in he entered the dwelling and looked around on multiple occasions, several times at night. If you want to infer from this that he had criminal intent then that's on you. I never implied it.
                  Case verb: to inspect or study especially with intent to rob // cased the bank before the robbery
                  Last edited by Roy; 06-02-2020, 04:59 AM.
                  Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

As I understand it now, he lives 10 miles from the neighborhood, but on the day of the incident, he was apparently visiting his mother who lives closer.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                      No - but "cased the place" means more than just entering and looking around. There are lots of other words you could have used that don't imply criminal intent.
                      Case verb: to inspect or study especially with intent to rob // cased the bank before the robbery
                      "Especially" but not "exclusively". As I've said a number of times, I have no idea what his intent was.

So do you deny that Arbery entered the structure on multiple occasions to have a look around?
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I questioned it when I couldn't find a source, then I clearly disclaimed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          You supported it, and then didn't respond when I tried to get clarification (post #112).
                          Ah, so NOT responding to a post I don't remember seeing is proof that I supported.....

Come on, Roy, you're better than this.

Comment

Ah, so NOT responding to a post I don't remember seeing is proof that I supported.....

Come on, Roy, you're better than this.
                            No, you supporting it shows that you supported it.

You're better than this.

Though at least you've admitted that Arbery wasn't casing the building site. MM is still trying to deny his implication.
                            Last edited by Roy; 06-02-2020, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              As I understand it now, he lives 10 miles from the neighborhood, but on the day of the incident, he was apparently visiting his mother who lives closer.
                              And what is your source for that, MM? Because every source I've seen states he lived with his mother about 2 miles away.

Comment

And what is your source for that, MM? Because every source I've seen states he lived with his mother about 2 miles away.
                                Either way, as a runner he'd be familiar with his best options for running venues nearby, as I am as a cyclist familiar with all the good cycling roads and areas near where all my relatives live

Frankly upscale neighborhoods with low local speed limits are usually good for both.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment