Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but we’ve got the shooting on video.
    And that video shows Ahmaud charging the truck and wrestling with the shooter before he's shot. So I have a feeling that at least one of the men will likely be charged with man slaughter instead of murder, and then, because the public has been charged up with false narratives, we'll have more racial tension because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      He wasn't innocently jogging through the neighborhood lol. This is why we can't have nice things because people like you lie or exaggerate the narrative. The sad part is that the MSM plays off these false narratives to stoke racial and political tension for clicks. I"m not sure why YOU do it though.
      As I have said, there is nothing here that can justify what was done to him. The house they saw him roaming through was under construction. No occupants, no one living there. I would not know enough to know if he was 'just jogging' or not, but it doesn't matter. These fellows took the law into their own hands and they killed a young man in the process. That's never going to be ok. And the fact they where white and he was black will raise the racial spectres, as it should. The simple fact is, if this had been a white kid roaming through the neighborhood or pilfering through a house under construction, they would not have tried to detain him, and he would not be dead. I can't 'prove' that, but we all know it is true.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-13-2020, 11:29 AM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        As I have said, there is nothing here that can justify what was done to him. The house they saw him roaming through was under construction. No occupants, no one living there. I would not know enough to know if he was 'just jogging' or not, but it doesn't matter. These fellows took the law into their own hands and the killed a young man in the process. That's never going to be ok. And the fact they where white and he was black will raise the racial spectres, as it should. The simple fact is, if this had been a white kid roaming through the neighborhood pilfering through a house under construction, they would not have tried to detain him, and he would not be dead. I can't 'prove' that, but we all know it is true.
        You're right, you can't prove it, but I highly doubt you are correct. There were apparently reports of theft in the area prior. Had a suspicious white kid been milling around inside the property, I'm sure they would have confronted him as well, but then we have heard NOTHING about this in the MSM.

Comment

You're right, you can't prove it, but I highly doubt you are correct. There were apparently reports of theft in the area prior. Had a suspicious white kid been milling around inside the property, I'm sure they would have confronted him as well, but then we have heard NOTHING about this in the MSM.
          confronted, perhaps. Detained at gun point and killed - no. but I know the racial profile of those I'm talking to - so I'm not going to argue the point.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

A house under construction? Give me a break. I've wondered through houses under construction myself just out of curiosity as to what was being built.

You guys are really coming down on the wrong side of this. Be careful. A Black person out jogging shot and killed for 'suspicious' behavior by white citizens is NOT going to play well anywhere, and the likelihood this was racially motivated is huge. That young man was unarmed. And he would not have been dead if those men had not tried to detain him using deadly force. AFAIK, there is nothing he had done or is accused of doing that justified the civilian use of deadly force at that moment in time.
            First of all, entering a property under construction is trespassing.

Secondly, this guy wasn't out jogging, and he didn't just happen to wander by and poke his head in out of curiosity. The neighborhood in question was ten-miles from his home, and he had cased the place at night on multiple occasions. Furthermore, let's not pretend that construction sites aren't a popular target for thieves.

Third, he was shot as a direct result of his own aggressive actions. If he had quietly waited for the police to arrive then he would still be alive.

I'm not saying he deserved to be shot, or that the guys were necessarily right to approach him while armed, or any nonsense like, but this lie that he was just some innocent black man out for a jog needs to be rejected. Come on, ox, I thought you were a defender of the truth.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              I hate to break it to you, but we’ve got the shooting on video.
              So? The narrative that has built up around it is based on lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                First of all, entering a property under construction is trespassing.

Secondly, this guy wasn't out jogging, and he didn't just happen to wander by and poke his head in out of curiosity. The neighborhood in question was ten-miles from his home, and he had cased the place at night on multiple occasions. Furthermore, let's not pretend that construction sites aren't a popular target for thieves.

Third, he was shot as a direct result of his own aggressive actions. If he had quietly waited for the police to arrive then he would still be alive.

I'm not saying he deserved to be shot, or that the guys were necessarily right to approach him while armed, or any nonsense like, but this lie that he was just some innocent black man out for a jog needs to be rejected. Come on, ox, I thought you were a defender of the truth.
                Sorry, there is no way to justify what happened. And the more you try, the deeper the whole you dig for yourself in this circumstance.

Comment

confronted, perhaps. Detained at gun point and killed - no. but I know the racial profile of those I'm talking to - so I'm not going to argue the point.
                  I don't think you do.

Comment

I don't think you do.
                    maybe I don't

Comment

Sorry, there is no way to justify what happened.
                      I didn't justify anything, you intellectually dishonest dumbass. Did you miss my last sentence?

"I'm not saying he deserved to be shot, or that the guys were necessarily right to approach him while armed, or any nonsense like, but this lie that he was just some innocent black man out for a jog needs to be rejected. Come on, ox, I thought you were a defender of the truth."

All I did was spell out the facts. I'm sorry they don't fit the liberal narrative, but that shouldn't be a problem for someone like you who styles himself as a champion of the truth.

Comment

Sorry, there is no way to justify what happened. And the more you try, the deeper the whole you dig for yourself in this circumstance.
                        That's a big load of BS you have there Ox. Again, lots of mistakes, including one by the victim himself. If someone has a gun pointed at you the last thing you should try to do is take it from them. Once he tried to wrestle for the gun, he put himself into harms way. Did he deserve to die for trespassing? NO, but when being held at gunpoint for the police, sane rational people put their hands up and wait, not try to take the gun away. That's called stupidity. I have a carry license, if I (Heaven FORBID) ever have to pull it and aim it at someone and that person tries to take it from me, they will get shot. Plain and simple.
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          Rednecks and Trump voters do more bad things, again. Ambushing and killing an unarmed jogging black man.
                          "Trump voters"???

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                            "Trump voters"???
                            firstfloor's objective with the thread is to sow political and racial discord, because that's what scumbag leftists like him love to do.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              This is most definitely is not a case of Stand Your Ground or self-defense as some have portrayed. Arbery may or may not have been acting suspiciously but the McMichaels most definitely went too far, resulting in someone dying.

There has been a lot of talk about what took so long for them to be charged. A significant reason is that the first two prosecutors recused themselves having worked with the elder McMichael in the past.
                              Two separate people have come forward to state that the first prosecutor still prevented any arrests from being made before recusing herself.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                in a neighborhood that had experienced a rash of burglaries
                                I believe this has been refuted for several days now. The only reported theft in the area was one incident where the son had a gun stolen from an unlocked truck.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment