Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You're a nasty piece of work, you know that? So now everybody who doesn't immediately jump to the conclusion that the white guys are guilty of cold blooded murder is an undercover racist? I would like to say you're better than that, but I really don't think you are.
    Everyone who jumps to the conclusion the black man must have been up to no good and seeks end over end to find some reason at least some of this was his fault is indeed beingvdriven, consciously or unconsciously by culturally derived racism - yes.

Simple test: what would this discussion have looked like if this was a white young man, heterosexual, similar background, known to be a committed runner.
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• It appears that the local police were using the father, Greg McMichael, as a vigilante or neighborhood watch to keep an eye on the site.

Source: COPS ENCOURAGED ACCUSED MURDERER TO BE A VIGILANTE

Gregory McMichael, one of Ahmaud Arbery's alleged murderers, was a point person for cops just months before the killing ... because we've learned police told at least one neighbor if there was a trespass, he should call McMichael and not them.

According to text messages between an officer of the Glynn County Police Department and Larry English, the owner of the home under construction where Ahmaud's alleged killers claim he was trespassing, police told English to call Greg instead of cops whenever Larry needed assistance.

The officer texted Greg's phone number to Larry, informing him McMichael was his neighbor and instructing him to call Greg when his motion-activated camera catches someone at the construction site.

The text from Dec. 20 reads ... "Greg is retired Law Enforcement and also a Retired Investigator from the DA's office. He said please call him day or night when you get action on your camera."

Larry's attorney, Elizabeth Graddy, confirmed the text exchange is real ... and says she received it a couple days ago in a batch of emails.

As you know ... Gregory and his son, Travis McMichael, are charged with felony murder and aggravated assault in Ahmaud's February shooting death.

Gregory retired in 2019 after working as an investigator with Brunswick D.A. ... and he previously worked as a police officer in Glynn County.

Remember ... Ahmaud's alleged murderers also came face to face with a young black man at the construction site less than 2 weeks before the fatal shooting, and another neighbor claims they confronted Arbery.

The text raises incredibly serious questions ... among them, why were police telling a homeowner to call a vigilante?

In another strange twist, a local news station is reporting Greg leaked the shooting footage to a radio station.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        No, they were threatening him, they were trying to stop him. They were the aggressors, he was defending himself.
        Is that a legal argument? What laws did they break when they confronted him? Let's focus on the law and try to take your emotions out of the equation.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Everything about this is driven by racism.
        I agree, yet ironically, it's you who is trying to stoke the fires of racism.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Let's assume that Arbery was intentionally shot and that it wasn't an accidental discharge caused by the struggle. Here's what the trial is going to come down to: Precisely when was the decision made to pull the trigger? That's going to be the key question. Was it before Arbery attacked, or was it after? If it was after, then it could very easily be ruled a matter of self-defense like we saw with the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case. The two incidents are very similar in that a situation was created in which a male apparently felt threatened and tried to gain the upper hand by wrestling a gun away from the man confronting him. You can argue that they had no business confronting him while armed, but as far as I know, their actions up to that point did not break any laws, so from a purely legal standpoint, it's irrelevant.
          Well you're wrong, it is illegal to form a posse of armed men to hunt down a subject. They intiated the incident by doing that, and then they murdered him. Stop trying to accuse the victim for defending himself, just like you did in the Treyvon Martin case. In the Immortal words of (whoever he was,) to Sen. McCarthy, "have you no shame, sir."

Comment

Come on, Jimmy, I never said that it was an accidental shooting. I only suggested it as a possibility. We don't know if it was or wasn't because we don't yet have all the facts.
            Yeah, I know, you made a lot of suggestions, all aimed at Arbery's guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Stop trying to accuse the victim...
              I'm not. I've merely stated the facts as we know them.

Comment

I'm not. I've merely stated the facts as we know them.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  It appears that the local police were using the father, Greg McMichael, as a vigilante or neighborhood watch to keep an eye on the site.

Source: COPS ENCOURAGED ACCUSED MURDERER TO BE A VIGILANTE

Gregory McMichael, one of Ahmaud Arbery's alleged murderers, was a point person for cops just months before the killing ... because we've learned police told at least one neighbor if there was a trespass, he should call McMichael and not them.

According to text messages between an officer of the Glynn County Police Department and Larry English, the owner of the home under construction where Ahmaud's alleged killers claim he was trespassing, police told English to call Greg instead of cops whenever Larry needed assistance.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44743[/ATTACH]

The officer texted Greg's phone number to Larry, informing him McMichael was his neighbor and instructing him to call Greg when his motion-activated camera catches someone at the construction site.

The text from Dec. 20 reads ... "Greg is retired Law Enforcement and also a Retired Investigator from the DA's office. He said please call him day or night when you get action on your camera."

Larry's attorney, Elizabeth Graddy, confirmed the text exchange is real ... and says she received it a couple days ago in a batch of emails.

As you know ... Gregory and his son, Travis McMichael, are charged with felony murder and aggravated assault in Ahmaud's February shooting death.

Gregory retired in 2019 after working as an investigator with Brunswick D.A. ... and he previously worked as a police officer in Glynn County.

Remember ... Ahmaud's alleged murderers also came face to face with a young black man at the construction site less than 2 weeks before the fatal shooting, and another neighbor claims they confronted Arbery.

The text raises incredibly serious questions ... among them, why were police telling a homeowner to call a vigilante?

In another strange twist, a local news station is reporting Greg leaked the shooting footage to a radio station.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This is getting weirder by the minute, especially when you combine it with the prosecutors sitting on their hands for 76 days.

Comment

I don't think so. But ox, Jimmy, and the rest are loathe to admit it because they have it in their heads that this would somehow justify his being shot and killed. Personally, I don't see how, and they haven't bothered to connect the dots.

Comment

• And that is a rather interesting point. MM has spent post after post focusing on something he himself admits would not justify the killing. However, it seems that part is of huge importance to him, since he keeps going over and over that part. And when it comes to the victim he has no problems about stating "the facts" and blaming others for not buying into it immediately. However, when he talks about the man who actually fired the gun, he is much more hesitant to establish any facts at all. I cannot help but note the double standards of his in this case as in so many others.

Comment

Let's assume that Arbery was intentionally shot and that it wasn't an accidental discharge caused by the struggle. Here's what the trial is going to come down to: Precisely when was the decision made to pull the trigger? That's going to be the key question. Was it before Arbery attacked, or was it after? If it was after, then it could very easily be ruled a matter of self-defense like we saw with the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case. The two incidents are very similar in that a situation was created in which a male apparently felt threatened and tried to gain the upper hand by wrestling a gun away from the man confronting him. You can argue that they had no business confronting him while armed, but as far as I know, their actions up to that point did not break any laws, so from a purely legal standpoint, it's irrelevant.

Comment

• The relevance is that Arbery wasn't randomly targeted like some have claimed. That speaks to motive.

Comment

The relevance is that Arbery wasn't randomly targeted like some have claimed. That speaks to motive.
                            And yet you insist you are not trying to accuse the victim or justify what happened, so basically you ought to agree with Leonhard that it is not important at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                              And yet you insist you are not trying to accuse the victim or justify what happened, so basically you ought to agree with Leonhard that it is not important at all.
                              In fact, determing the motives of the men who confronted Arbery is critical, and so Arbery's actions which attracted their attention prior to the encounter are important. You can't just arbitrarily discard the facts because you think they might make Arbery look bad.

Comment

In fact, determing the motives of the men who confronted Arbery is critical, and so Arbery's actions which attracted their attention prior to the encounter are important. You can't just arbitrarily discard the facts because you think they might make Arbery look bad.
                                You are not disagreeing with me but yourself on this one. You have claimed you are not accusing the victim and that you are not trying to justify the actions taken against him. Yet it is rather obvious that you are trying to accuse him (or to claim things making him look bad are "facts") and when pressed you simply point out (contrary to what you have said earlier) that it is important in order to evaluate the actions taken against him (with regards to these you are much more reluctant to establish any facts). So, it seems you want to have it both ways. I think this is what Ox saw at a very early point, and you are simply fooling yourself if you refuse to see it.

Comment