Page 39 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think, when it comes to race, those who identify a wrong against a black man, for example, tend to go a little overboard in making a saint out of the victim, instead of just accepting who he was. It doesn't make the actions against him any less wrong or brutal to admit who he was.
    I think just the opposite is true, that the innate prejudice in some people makes them tend to go a little overboard in making a criminal out of the victim, instead of just seeing him as another human being. Had he been a 25 year old white man tracked down and shot to death by 3 black men, someone, like a certain poster here, I don't believe would be making the argument that "he wasn't just some innocent white guy out for a jog." He would most lkely be calling for the heads of the culprits. Had the opposite been the case,had the perpetrators been black, then I'd be just as outraged at the actions of the 3 black men.
    Last edited by JimL; 05-22-2020 at 03:37 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimLamebrain View Post
    I think just the opposite is true, that the innate prejudice in some people makes them tend to go a little overboard in making a criminal out of the victim, instead of just seeing him as another human being. Had he been a 25 year old white man tracked down and shot to death by 3 black men, someone, like a certain poster here, I don't believe would be making the argument that "he wasn't just some innocent white guy out for a jog." He would most lkely be calling for the heads of the culprits.
    If all other things were equal -- if that white guy had a history of trespassing and other suspicious behavior like repeatedly wandering around a construction site after dark, and if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop -- then I would have said the exact same thing. In fact, I probably would have been more pointed in my criticism of just how ridiculously boneheaded he was to attack someone armed with a shotgun and attempt to wrestle the gun away because I could say so without being accused of racism for coming down hard on the white guy.

Had the opposite been the case,had the perpetrators been black, then I'd be just as outraged at the actions of the 3 black men.
    In that case, I assume you are just as outraged over the half-a-dozen or so stories I linked to earlier of black folks being arrested or convicted for killing white folks, right? Of course these stories were ignored by the national media. I wonder why?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    I think just the opposite is true
    I am absolutely stunned.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This is interesting:

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...d-with-murder/

The question remains: Did the McMichaels commit a felony in their attempts to apprehend Arbery? I have yet to see a definitive answer.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    This is interesting:

Under Georgia law, a person can be charged with felony murder for committing any felony that causes the death of someone else. It does not require intent to kill and carries an automatic life sentence.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...d-with-murder/

The question remains: Did the McMichaels commit a felony in their attempts to apprehend Arbery? I have yet to see a definitive answer.
    I think you're aware that "the state" often goes for the jugular in hopes of getting a plea deal and avoiding trial. This being a very racially charged issue, though, that probably won't track.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If all other things were equal -- if that white guy had a history of trespassing and other suspicious behavior like repeatedly wandering around a construction site after dark, and if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop -- then I would have said the exact same thing. In fact, I probably would have been more pointed in my criticism of just how ridiculously boneheaded he was to attack someone armed with a shotgun and attempt to wrestle the gun away because I could say so without being accused of racism for coming down hard on the white guy.
    There you go again, you just can't stop youself, MM. You just gotta keep disparaging that black victim.

In that case, I assume you are just as outraged over the half-a-dozen or so stories I linked to earlier of black folks being arrested or convicted for killing white folks, right? Of course these stories were ignored by the national media. I wonder why?
    I only bothered to look at the first cite. Yeah, I think it's dispicable what they did. Did you post them because you were outraged, or did you post them to prove to us that you're not prejudiced?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There you go again, you just can't stop youself, MM. You just gotta keep disparaging that black victim.
    That whistling sound is the point going over your head.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    ... if he attacked the men who asked for him to stop ...
    Since when does chasing a man down with two vehicles, 3 men, two of them armed, constitute 'asking'

still trying to paint the killers as nice little white folk trying to stop the big bad black man.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

9. Amen JimL, Roy amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    still trying to paint the killers as nice little white folk trying to stop the big bad black man.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think the part you cut bears repeating:

Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    Since when does chasing a man down with two vehicles, 3 men, two of them armed, constitute 'asking'
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"