Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The complicating factor is that he was there on at least one other occasion at night, and possibly more, and that didn't appear to be in connection with jogging.
    Are you sure about that, CP. And exactly what do you mean by night? In the dark?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      You and CP keep saying this, but I've yet to see you prove it. Perhaps I missed it?
      It's been reported by multiple news sources. Arbery on each visit triggered a motion-sensitive recording camera, one of the visits has been released, but there are more.

Comment

Some of the McMichael defenders here, and yes they are defending them,
        Name two. Laying out all the facts of the case is in no way defending the killers, Jim.

have admitted to visiting home sites under construction themselves and yet they continue to point to the fact that Abery commited a crime in doing so in their attemp to justify the actions of the McMichaels.
        With regards to me, and a number of others, this is an outright despicable lie.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          It's been reported by multiple news sources. Arbery on each visit triggered a motion-sensitive recording camera, one of the visits has been released, but there are more.
          Jim has been shown this numerous times, but he slams his eyes shut and refuse to acknowledge it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Are you sure about that, CP.
            I am. You've ignored that evidence multiple times.

Comment

Jim has been shown this numerous times, but he slams his eyes shut and refuse to acknowledge it.
              Hence the expression "eyes wide shut."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Some of the McMichael defenders here, and yes they are defending them, have admitted to visiting home sites under construction themselves and yet they continue to point to the fact that Abery commited a crime in doing so in their attemp to justify the actions of the McMichaels.
                Now that Mountain Man and Cow Poke have clearly explained that they're not defending the McMichaels, but they're critical about the way the media is using the story, I think it's fair to trust them on it.

Comment

True, but he also didn't take anything from it, or do any vandalism. He walks around, looking around. If it turns out that power tools and copper wire was located at the site, then there's not much justification for the idea that he's a burglar.
                  As I've said previously, I have no idea what his motives were, but the fact is he was observed trespassing. My only point is to get us past the "jogging while black" narrative and just look at the facts.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    As I've said previously, I have no idea what his motives were, but the fact is he was observed trespassing. My only point is to get us past the "jogging while black" narrative and just look at the facts.
                    And that's fair. Though it remains to be seen how and why the McMichaels zeroed in on him, but that's so deep in a forest of details that I don't think we'll see about that outside of the trial.

Comment

• Another liberal talking point that can be laid to rest.... that there was never anything stolen.

The homeowner did, indeed, incur a loss of $2,500 worth of fishing tackle from a boat in his garage earlier in the year, but did not report it to police.

Larry English, a man whose home was under construction in the McMichaels’ neighborhood, said someone stole $2,500 in fishing gear from him earlier this year, but he never reported the theft

Comment

Another liberal talking point that can be laid to rest.... that there was never anything stolen.

The homeowner did, indeed, incur a loss of $2,500 worth of fishing tackle from a boat in his garage earlier in the year, but did not report it to police
                        Hmmm, that is interesting, but it'd be difficult to tie to Arbery.

Comment

And that's fair. Though it remains to be seen how and why the McMichaels zeroed in on him, but that's so deep in a forest of details that I don't think we'll see about that outside of the trial.
                          THAT, sir, is a MAJOR problem with the knee-jerk reactions of so many extremist liberals --- It's so easy to grab facts favorable to their own narrative, and ignore facts that might be exculpatory, or at least, paint a broader picture. On top of that, there is a LOT of speculation that gets reported - or interpreted - as "fact", when it's not fact at all. The "he stopped there for a drink of water", for example. Maybe so, maybe not, but it is NOT established fact.

So many times, like the whole "hands up" narrative, when witnesses are called, sworn in, and subject to cross examination, an entirely different picture emerges.

But it's like when the Judge says "the jury will disregard that comment" ---- no, they won't. False narrative becomes "fact" even when it is exposed under oath as fiction.

Comment

Hmmm, that is interesting, but it'd be difficult to tie to Arbery.
                            Yes, the homeowner clearly said he didn't know who stole it. Apparently, that was one of the reasons he added security cameras.

But, another talking point has been debunked.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Hence the expression "eyes wide shut."
                              Ya know, it would have been good initially to list all the liberal talking points, along with the date and evidence that they were proven flat out false.

Comment

Don't tell Jimmy the facts. It only confuses him.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment