Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
    So, looking at the comments on the Huffpost article on this, it's funny.

It's essentially full of bloodthirsty liberals who want their jail time to be as hard and punishing as possible. How DARE they end up spending the first 30 years in a "better" prison, when they should be in georgia's more crowded, less funded, harsher prison system.

At this point it's not about justice, it's about revenge.
    but murderers and looters and rioters have to be "understood".
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

but murderers and looters and rioters have to be "understood".
      They keep telling us we need to follow the dutch prison style. (Unless it's their hated prisoners...)

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
        So, looking at the comments on the Huffpost article on this, it's funny.

It's essentially full of bloodthirsty liberals who want their jail time to be as hard and punishing as possible. How DARE they end up spending the first 30 years in a "better" prison, when they should be in georgia's more crowded, less funded, harsher prison system.

At this point it's not about justice, it's about revenge.
        I thought liberals all wanted prison reform and emptying the prisons? Shouldn't they be wanting them to get out after 5 years or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
          I agree, actually, I didn't see the need for the charges in the first place, but the biden admin insisted and now have in typical Biden fashion, fumbled it greatly to the point the family is speaking out against them and will argue against them in court.

From what I've heard it sounds like a deal where they admit they were motivated by hate, and they get their preferred penitentiary (just a guess but probably one as filled with white people as possible) in return.
          The federal case was poorly thought out virtue signaling

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I thought liberals all wanted prison reform and emptying the prisons? Shouldn't they be wanting them to get out after 5 years or something?
            They need to make room for political prisoners

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment