Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Impeachment attempt #397...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Or it could be that Obama unlike Trump, is a principled man, isn't a lifelong crook, that he gave up a lucrative career in law to be a community organizer and so the republicans couldn't come up with anything to impeach him over like they did to Clinton. I guess you forget about the whole republican freakout about Obama winning the election and birtherism, eh? The rest of your post is just hyperbolic nonsense.
    A few news reports about some conspiracy theory is not the same as freaking out. Did you see anybody rioting in the street after Obama got elected (twice?)

Did you see people burning cars and smashing windows. Did you see anyone trying to impeach Obama? Making up stories about him being a Russian agent? Did you see republicans literally crying when Obama won?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      A few news reports about some conspiracy theory is not the same as freaking out. Did you see anybody rioting in the street after Obama got elected (twice?)

Did you see people burning cars and smashing windows. Did you see anyone trying to impeach Obama? Making up stories about him being a Russian agent? Did you see republicans literally crying when Obama won?

Anyone can post pictures and attribute them to anything they want, Sparko. How about the constant birtherism drumbeat from the right.

Comment

Anyone can post pictures and attribute them to anything they want, Sparko. How about the constant birtherism drumbeat from the right.
        LOL. Mr "I don't need no stinkin' sources" complaining about sources?

Google is your friend JimL.

Do you really dispute the riots and crying after Trump was elected? Where were you? On the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
          Next time Trump goes for a game of golf, someone should change the locks on the front door of the White House, and put all the lights out. If no one answers the door bell, he might just go away.
          PLEASE volunteer...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Do you really dispute the riots and crying after Trump was elected? Where were you? On the moon?
            The vast majority of protestors were peaceful. And I assume the vast majority of them would gladly disown the violent ones. So what's your point?

Comment

Yeah Sparky, Don't you know the H hat was for Hoover?

Plus, you missed the million twit marches and declarations of "nasty woman" and pink hats... Where were those during Obama's Presidency?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                The vast majority of protestors were peaceful. And I assume the vast majority of them would gladly disown the violent ones. So what's your point?
                What were they protesting?
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                  What were they protesting?
                  The election of the man who would kill 10s of thousands and cost 10s of millions of jobs. Clearly they were overreacting .

Comment

You'd have protested as well had you been aware of who it was that you and Putin just put in the White House with a 3 million vote minority and an outdated electoral college. You have no idea who the trouble makers in those crowds were, they could just as well have been Trump supporters for all you know.
                    Last edited by JimL; 05-15-2020, 03:36 PM.

Comment

The election of the man who would kill 10s of thousands and cost 10s of millions of jobs. Clearly they were overreacting .
                      Trump killed people. Do tell???
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

... and Putin ...
                        3r7bkx.jpg
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Trump killed people. Do tell???

Gross negligence manslaughter is a form of involuntary manslaughter where the defendant is ostensibly acting lawfully.

Comment

Gross negligence manslaughter is a form of involuntary manslaughter where the defendant is ostensibly acting lawfully.
                            Well, considering he didn't do that...
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Well, considering he didn't do that...
                              Then strike it.

Since you agree he cost 10s of millions of jobs then their protests clearly were still warranted.

Comment

Then strike it.

Since you agree he cost 10s of millions of jobs then their protests clearly were still warranted.
                                HE didn't cost them. The entire country's reaction to the virus did. Leadership and us plebs.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment