Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brown Shirt Gretchen Whitmer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Fake news. The captions shows this was a photo of the demonstrators at the state capital a couple of weeks ago. Nothing to do with the barber. Get better sources
    Peaceable assemblies is plural.

That's my screencap. I paused the video with that caption showing in order to make it clear it wasn't the barbershop. Both are from Michigan. Both are being promoted by the president. Both insert the arms rouge's cartoon left out. That's the fake news you should be complaining about, and asking for better sources.

Comment

Fake news. The captions shows this was a photo of the demonstrators at the state capital a couple of weeks ago. Nothing to do with the barber. Get better sources

Here is an actual photo of the armed protestors at the barber shop

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44708[/ATTACH]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...source=twitter

Those Antifas are doing it wrong. They should have black clothes and facemasks, and they forgot the lighters to burn the flags. But, nonetheless, so brave.
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
        Peaceable assemblies is plural.

That's my screencap. I paused the video with that caption showing in order to make it clear it wasn't the barbershop. Both are from Michigan. Both are being promoted by the president. Both insert the arms rouge's cartoon left out. That's the fake news you should be complaining about, and asking for better sources.
        So you created the fake news?!!!

The protest at the state capital had nothing to do with the barbershop and occurred before the barbershop incident.

Comment

So you created the fake news?!!!

The protest at the state capital had nothing to do with the barbershop and occurred before the barbershop incident.
          Seven sentences. Read them all, please.

Comment

2020-05-18_11-03-49.jpg
            2020-05-18_11-04-16.jpg
            2020-05-18_11-04-57.jpg

Actions have consequences.

2020-05-18_11-09-56.jpg

Comment

Seven sentences. Read them all, please.
              Your post implied that the picture was in regards to the barber shop. Why else post it? Because any photos of the actual "armed" protest at the barbershop was just ordinary people and children waving flags, and that didn't fit the narrative you wanted to push. Your fake news.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44800[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]44801[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]44802[/ATTACH]

Actions have consequences.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44803[/ATTACH]
                very encouraging, that US Citizens won't sit by and give up their rights because of a virus.

Comment

Your post implied that the picture was in regards to the barber shop.
                  The picture has a caption. Did you read it?

Why else post it?
                  The reasoning was given. Seven sentences, highlighted twice now. Did you read them?

Because any photos of the actual "armed" protest at the barbershop was just ordinary people and children waving flags, and that didn't fit the narrative you wanted to push. Your fake news.
                  So maybe you read it, and you're just lying. Or maybe you didn't read it, in which case you're recklessly posting falsehoods.

But in either case, the unwitting irony is appreciated.

Comment

very encouraging, that US Citizens won't sit by and give up their rights because of a virus.
                    This is what you're encouraging.

Man charged in death threats to Michigan governor, AG

Michigan Closes Down Capitol in Face of Death Threats From Armed Protesters Against Gov. Whitmer

The folks making these death threats are not normal people. They grab on to fake news memes on Facebook and incendiary tweets and their crazy spins out of control.

State worker had PPO against man accused in Whitmer, Nessel death threat case

The first rule for public servants in any crisis is to maintain public order.

If ever there was a time for breaking rules, this ain't it.

Comment

The picture has a caption. Did you read it?

I called out your caption, remember? Why post about an armed protest at a barbershop and post pictures of a completely different event? Everyone else assumed it was outside the barbershop until I mentioned it wasn't. So whether that was your intention or not, that was the result. Fake news.

Comment

From the Auschwitz Museum.

23 May 1941 | Dutch Jew Robert Spiero was born in The Hague.

He was deported to #Auschwitz in February 1944 and murdered in a gas chamber.

EYqEKmbX0AASzEV.jpg

Brown shirts indeed (and I give up on using emojis since they are never named what I expect).
                        Last edited by DivineOb; 05-23-2020, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          From the Auschwitz Museum.

23 May 1941 | Dutch Jew Robert Spiero was born in The Hague.

He was deported to #Auschwitz in February 1944 and murdered in a gas chamber.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44924[/ATTACH]

Brown shirts indeed (and I give up on using emojis since they are never named what I expect).
                          They used hashtags over 75 years ago?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            They used hashtags over 75 years ago?
                            Out of respect to the Auschwitz Museum account I reproduced the tweet without editing it.

Comment

I called out your caption, remember?
                              Was the caption inaccurate?

Why post about an armed protest at a barbershop and post pictures of a completely different event?
                              Quote mining might feel good in that first rush, but it comes at a reputational cost. What was the very next line in the post you're responding to.
                              The reasoning was given. Seven sentences, highlighted twice now. Did you read them?

Make that three times.

Everyone else assumed it was outside the barbershop until I mentioned it wasn't. So whether that was your intention or not, that was the result. Fake news.
                              Liar. Literally no one else had a problem reading it until after you said you were confused. An accurately labeled picture isn't fake news, you reprobate. I've been posting here long enough to get used to the general lack of reading comprehension, but this refusal to acknowledge what you've read in order to repeat calumnies speaks to a moral and intellectual bankruptcy so profound you can't afford to pay attention.

Comment

Was the caption inaccurate?

Quote mining might feel good in that first rush, but it comes at a reputational cost. What was the very next line in the post you're responding to.

Make that three times.

Liar. Literally no one else had a problem reading it until after you said you were confused.
                                because they thought it was a picture of the barbershop until I pointed out it wasn't. See posts 14 and 15. And you accused me of lying without substantiation. You have called me a liar quite a bit lately and I am sick of it. You have been reported.

An accurately labeled picture isn't fake news, you reprobate. I've been posting here long enough to get used to the general lack of reading comprehension, but this refusal to acknowledge what you've read in order to repeat calumnies speaks to a moral and intellectual bankruptcy so profound you can't afford to pay attention.
                                It is when your own wording above it says it is in regards to a barbershop when it wasn't.

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Comment