Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Brown Shirt Gretchen Whitmer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
    Was the caption inaccurate?

Quote mining might feel good in that first rush, but it comes at a reputational cost. What was the very next line in the post you're responding to.
    The reasoning was given. Seven sentences, highlighted twice now. Did you read them?

Make that three times.

Liar. Literally no one else had a problem reading it until after you said you were confused. An accurately labeled picture isn't fake news, you reprobate. I've been posting here long enough to get used to the general lack of reading comprehension, but this refusal to acknowledge what you've read in order to repeat calumnies speaks to a moral and intellectual bankruptcy so profound you can't afford to pay attention.
    Moderated By: ke7ejx

You can't call someone a liar without providing proof that they lied and you know it.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
      Moderated By: ke7ejx

You can't call someone a liar without providing proof that they lied and you know it.

Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: Chaotic Void

Being pedantic about a mod's use of words is still Arguing Moderation within the thread, Juvenal.

Last edited by Chaotic Void; 05-28-2020, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        because they thought it was a picture of the barbershop until I pointed out it wasn't.
        No, you didn't.

I did.

I went to the extra trouble of capturing a good shot of that two second caption between its fades, inside a much longer video, from the Telegraph, I think, but I can't entirely recall now. I was in a hurry that morning because I had a grocery pick-up scheduled for 7 a.m. or I'd have provided full links, as usual.

See posts 14 and 15.
        Personally, I'd have gone with 13, but whatever.

Neither 14 nor 15 reference my post, just your false accusation, and 15 is from rouge, who posted the fake news cartoon I was debunking, which you still haven't found the moral fortitude to acknowledge, preferring the easier path of endless examples of partisan incomprehension buttressed with dishonest quote mines.

Allow me to prophecy: You'll never call him out for that. The man turned into a woman for added sympathy, and all of the arms erased. That's what fake news looks like. That's what inadequate sources get you.

And you accused me of lying without substantiation. You have called me a liar quite a bit lately and I am sick of it. You have been reported.
        That's another lie. The substantiation was provided immediately after the accusation. And that's substantiation for this accusation.

If you're sick of being called out for your dishonesty, stop being dishonest.

I'll grant you this much. Your claim to having reported the post is adequately supported. Been way too long since I got pointed on this board. Makes it look too much like I approve the constant din of racism, homophobia, and moral cowardice on a RWNJ site masked as a haven for conservative Christianity.

Mea culpa.

I've been slacking.

It is when your own wording above it says it is in regards to a barbershop when it wasn't.
        There is no wording of mine above it. That's why you grabbed the screenshot instead of using the quote function.

This was my wording.
        Gotta wonder where they got the idea it was okay to bring guns to their peaceable assemblies.

Unless you're figuring there were two barbershops, one of which was named after a senate gallery, it's hard to see how that aligns with your accusations, either.

If you'd said it was "the" wording above it, I wouldn't be calling out this lie, either. You knew when you posted that screencap that it wasn't my wording, because you needed to screencap it. That wasn't laziness or sloppiness. That was deliberate. And yes, that's substantiation, too.

By preference, I'd rather create and post threads where personal attacks aren't allowed.

Y'all decided we couldn't have that.

Actions have consequences.

Comment

What a lying hypocrite!

Michigan Gov. Whitmer claims husband's reported boat request was ‘a failed attempt at humor'

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer acknowledged Tuesday that her husband dropped her name while requesting to get their boat in the water ahead of the Memorial Day weekend, though claimed her husband’s comments were a “failed attempt at humor.”

Whitmer’s comments came after her office initially pushed back against the story, saying they’re “not going to make it a practice of addressing every rumor that is spread online.” A Michigan GOP state senator also said her office had originally "adamantly denied" the claim that Whitmer's husband tried to use her position to convince a dock company to quickly get the family's boat on the water amid the coronavirus lockdowns.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...tempt-at-humor
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

No, you didn't.

I did.

I went to the extra trouble of capturing a good shot of that two second caption between its fades, inside a much longer video, from the Telegraph, I think, but I can't entirely recall now. I was in a hurry that morning because I had a grocery pick-up scheduled for 7 a.m. or I'd have provided full links, as usual.

Personally, I'd have gone with 13, but whatever.

Neither 14 nor 15 reference my post, just your false accusation, and 15 is from rouge, who posted the fake news cartoon I was debunking, which you still haven't found the moral fortitude to acknowledge, preferring the easier path of endless examples of partisan incomprehension buttressed with dishonest quote mines.

Allow me to prophecy: You'll never call him out for that. The man turned into a woman for added sympathy, and all of the arms erased. That's what fake news looks like. That's what inadequate sources get you.

That's another lie. The substantiation was provided immediately after the accusation. And that's substantiation for this accusation.

If you're sick of being called out for your dishonesty, stop being dishonest.

I'll grant you this much. Your claim to having reported the post is adequately supported. Been way too long since I got pointed on this board. Makes it look too much like I approve the constant din of racism, homophobia, and moral cowardice on a RWNJ site masked as a haven for conservative Christianity.

Mea culpa.

I've been slacking.

There is no wording of mine above it. That's why you grabbed the screenshot instead of using the quote function.

This was my wording.
            Gotta wonder where they got the idea it was okay to bring guns to their peaceable assemblies.

Unless you're figuring there were two barbershops, one of which was named after a senate gallery, it's hard to see how that aligns with your accusations, either.

If you'd said it was "the" wording above it, I wouldn't be calling out this lie, either. You knew when you posted that screencap that it wasn't my wording, because you needed to screencap it. That wasn't laziness or sloppiness. That was deliberate. And yes, that's substantiation, too.

By preference, I'd rather create and post threads where personal attacks aren't allowed.

Y'all decided we couldn't have that.

Actions have consequences.
            So you said you made that photo/screenshot, But you are denying the words above it are yours?

"An armed militia mustered outside a barber's shop in Michigan to defend a hairdresser who has begun offering trims in defiance of a state-wide order to stay home."

ScreenHunter_.jpg

Even if you didn't write those words yourself, any normal person looking at that caption then seeing the photo below would assume that your purpose of juxtaposing those two together was to imply that the photo of the armed men was outside the barber shop.

Else, why not actually just post a picture of the demonstration outside of the actual barbershop?
            Last edited by Sparko; 05-28-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

No, you didn't.

I did.
              Fakeboy, why not just admit you screwed up?
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It is ridiculous punishing this barber for this.

Though I don't like misusing the holocaust for cheap points like that.

Comment