• Show
Clear All

What does it mean to follow God's will?

Link

Comment

Do we want God's will to be done?

Link

Comment

I am glad that you affirm the virgin birth, which I, too, do affirm.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

This Quaker would say the following about giving up our will, and being willing to suffer:

"Oh, my friend, there is an ingrafting into Christ, a being formed and new created in Christ, a living and abiding in Him, and a growing and bringing forth fruit through Him unto perfection. Oh, may you experience all these things; and that you may do so, wait to know life, the springings of life, the separations of life inwardly from all that evil which hangs about it, and would be springing up and mixing with it, under an appearance of good; that life may come to live fully in you, and nothing else. And so, sink very low, and become very little, and know little; yea, know no power to believe, act or suffer anything for God, but as it is given you, by the springing grace, virtue, and life of the Lord Jesus."

"Oh! look not after great things: small breathings, small desires after the Lord, if true and pure, are sweet beginnings of life. You must become a child, you must lose your own will quite by degrees. You must wait for life to be measured out by the Father, and be content with what proportion, and at what time, He shall please to measure. Oh! be little, be little, and then you will be content with little; and if you feel now and then a check or a secret smiting, in that is the Father's love; be not over wise, nor over eager in your own willing, running, and desiring, and by degrees come to the knowledge of your Guide, who will lead you step by step in the path of life, and teach you to follow, and in His own season powerfully judge that which cannot nor will not follow. Be still, and wait for light and strength." (Isaac Penington)

Blessings,
          Lee
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

What does it mean to seek our daily bread?

Link

Comment

Comment

What does it mean to be forgiven?

Link

Comment

How serious is forgiveness?

LinkWill Your Murderer Be In Heaven

Comment

Well, it's between them and God, right? So, even when we forgive, that doesn't mean we have to trust that person? Just that one doesn't hold a grudge or wish that they get killed in an "accident"?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

It's an important distinction to make - that you can allow for natural consequences while still holding forgiveness. The stereotype of men who repeatedly beat their partners then beg for forgiveness the next day comes to mind - the implication being that forgiveness means that everything will be back to normal. That may be what the man thinks, but it isn't the biblical view of it.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

What about temptation?

Link

Comment

Why do we want deliverance?

Linkwrote something on that yesterday

Comment

Yours Is the Kingdom

Link

Comment

What does it mean to say God has the power?

Link

Comment

Why does God get the glory?

Link

Comment