Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CrowdStrike couldn't say for sure Russians stole DNC emails...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

CrowdStrike couldn't say for sure Russians stole DNC emails...

How often we were told with a certainty that the Russians did in fact hack the DNC servers to help Trump?

Declassified transcripts: CrowdStrike couldn't say for sure Russians stole DNC emails

Declassified documents released by House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff show the president of CrowdStrike Services — a computer-and-network-security firm hired to investigate the hacking of Democratic National Committee servers — couldn't say for certain that Russians downloaded Democratic Party emails.

During the interview made public Thursday, Shawn Henry explained that CrowdStrike found some evidence that information was taken from DNC servers, but it was not conclusive.

https://justthenews.com/government/c...irmed-russians
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    How often we were told with a certainty that the Russians did in fact hack the DNC servers to help Trump?
    I'm shocked

That was pretty much the be-all and end-all premise the Dems used to support that the whole phony narrative.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I'm shocked

That was pretty much the be-all and end-all premise the Dems used to support that the whole phony narrative.
    Lying scum bags...
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm shocked
    I'm even shockeder.

"Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm even shockeder.

How can anyone, even our leftist friends, not see this whole Russia thing as a coup attempt against a duly elected president?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    How can anyone, even our leftist friends, not see this whole Russia thing as a coup attempt against a duly elected president?
    And the question remains, who downloaded that data? I've heard Seth Rich's name thrown around which was quickly, and I mean furiously shut down by any media sources as an absurd conspiracy theory! But now...
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm even shockeder.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

8. Amen Leonhard amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And the question remains, who downloaded that data? I've heard Seth Rich's name thrown around which was quickly, and I mean furiously shut down by any media sources as an absurd conspiracy theory! But now...
    Didn't he end up dead?

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Here is the full quote

MR. HENRY: I can't say based on that. But I think I said earlier that there was some - and I want to make sure I'm correct here -- that there were some hash values, which are algorithms essentially, that were provided by the FBI that were consistent with files that were on the DNC. I think that that is accurate
    MR. CONAWAY: So how did the FBI get those if they didn't get them fromyou?
    MR. HENRY: I don't know.
    [Discussion off the record.]
    MR. HENRY: They had gotten them from documents that had been dumped, and then they created the hash value, the algorithm.
    MR.CONAWAY:Oh, it was dumped into the public arena?
    MR. CONAWAY: Oh, I got you' Got you, got you'

So, for those who don't know, a hash value of a file means you take a big file and mix up the data in a clever way to get a much smaller value (e.g. 97f674d1e001697fd685da6ce17789b9). The odds of two different files having the same hash value is effectively 0 (should be 1 / (2^128)). You can try this for yourself here.

What he's saying is that they can't prove that the files on the DNC server were taken. They can say for sure that the files which appeared in the wild have the same hash value as the files which were on the DNC server. So that the files were taken is really not in doubt, just they did not have the kind of absolute proof which could potentially exist (e.g. if you watched someone logged in actually transferring the files).

That Russia was involved is not doubt according to that interview.

MR. CoNAWAY: We use the phrase ''the Russians did it.. or ''State actors.,.can you be more precise? You said cozy Bear was -- and I get them mixed up' One of them was the military.
    MR. HENRY: GRU.
    MR. CONAWAY. Say that again?
    MR. HENRY: GRU? Russian miritary inteiligence? Fancy Bear.
    MR. CONAWAY. All right. And Cozy Bear is?
    MR, HENRY: was a Russian inteiligence service. unclear --
    MR. CONAWAY: As to which one?
    MR' HENRY: Yes, potentially. I mean, there's other intelligence servicesthat are Russia SVR and FSB. Not clear.
    MR. CONAWAy: Okay.ls anybody out there good enough, I guess, for lack of a better phrase, torun a false-flag operation using the exact same tactics, techniques, and procedures that cozy Bear, Fancy Bear used that would have, in other words,caused us to look at the Russians and it was actually some other group doing it?ls anybody that good yet?
    MR, HENRY: So, if you'll recall when I talked earlier about attribution, you look at data over the course of many intrusions over many years, and some of the infrastructure that we saw and some of the specific tactics and tools we've only seen associated with this particular actor, and it goes back many years.
    MR. CONAWAY: Right.
    MR. HENRY: So for somebody to do a false flag, as you've described it, it would've, I imagine, have been in play for many years. They would've had tohave acquired Russian command-and-control servers. They would've had to somehow acquire tools and software, malicious code that had been used up untilthis point only by what we believe was the Russian Government.

Sorry for any typos in the quotes, I cleaned things up a bit from the raw copy / paste from the PDF but didn't fix everything. I invite you to check these quotes for yourselves.

So this article is false both in technicality and spirit . This is why I hammer MM on pointing me to the original data and not just the article interpretations.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-15-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Here is the full quote

MR. HENRY: I can't say based on that. But I think I said earlier that there was some - and I want to make sure I'm correct here -- that there were some hash values, which are algorithms essentially, that were provided by the FBI that were consistent with files that were on the DNC. I think that that is accurate
    MR. CONAWAY: So how did the FBI get those if they didn't get them fromyou?
    MR. HENRY: I don't know.
    [Discussion off the record.]
    MR. HENRY: They had gotten them from documents that had been dumped, and then they created the hash value, the algorithm.
    MR.CONAWAY:Oh, it was dumped into the public arena?
    MR. CONAWAY: Oh, I got you' Got you, got you'

So, for those who don't know, a hash value of a file means you take a big file and mix up the data in a clever way to get a much smaller value (e.g. 97f674d1e001697fd685da6ce17789b9). The odds of two different files having the same hash value is effectively 0 (should be 1 / (2^128)). You can try this for yourself here.

What he's saying is that they can't prove that the files on the DNC server were taken. They can say for sure that the files which appeared in the wild have the same hash value as the files which were on the DNC server. So that the files were taken is really not in doubt, just they did not have the kind of absolute proof which could potentially exist (e.g. if you watched someone logged in actually transferring the files).

That Russia was involved is not doubt according to that interview.

MR. CoNAWAY: We use the phrase ''the Russians did it.. or ''State actors.,.can you be more precise? You said cozy Bear was -- and I get them mixed up' One of them was the military.
    MR. HENRY: GRU.
    MR. CONAWAY. Say that again?
    MR. HENRY: GRU? Russian miritary inteiligence? Fancy Bear.
    MR. CONAWAY. All right. And Cozy Bear is?
    MR, HENRY: was a Russian inteiligence service. unclear --
    MR. CONAWAY: As to which one?
    MR' HENRY: Yes, potentially. I mean, there's other intelligence servicesthat are Russia SVR and FSB. Not clear.
    MR. CONAWAy: Okay.ls anybody out there good enough, I guess, for lack of a better phrase, torun a false-flag operation using the exact same tactics, techniques, and procedures that cozy Bear, Fancy Bear used that would have, in other words,caused us to look at the Russians and it was actually some other group doing it?ls anybody that good yet?
    MR, HENRY: So, if you'll recall when I talked earlier about attribution, you look at data over the course of many intrusions over many years, and some of the infrastructure that we saw and some of the specific tactics and tools we've only seen associated with this particular actor, and it goes back many years.
    MR. CONAWAY: Right.
    MR. HENRY: So for somebody to do a false flag, as you've described it, it would've, I imagine, have been in play for many years. They would've had tohave acquired Russian command-and-control servers. They would've had to somehow acquire tools and software, malicious code that had been used up untilthis point only by what we believe was the Russian Government.

Sorry for any typos in the quotes, I cleaned things up a bit from the raw copy / paste from the PDF but didn't fix everything.

So this article is false both in technicality and spirit . This is why I hammer MM on pointing me to the original data and not just the article interpretations.
    That doesn't change anything. They did not demonstrate that Russia did this, or even what was taken if anything...