Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Two in depth investigations on Tara Reade and her claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two in depth investigations on Tara Reade and her claims

No one deserves to be sexually assaulted.

It has been stated that Tara Reade's story was insufficiently investigated. Here are two new in depth investigations.

First, https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations . Lots in this article and I can't possible summarize the whole thing.

The PBS NewsHour spoke with 74 former Biden staffers, of whom 62 were women, in order to get a broader picture of his behavior toward women over the course of his career, how they see the new allegation, and whether there was evidence of a larger pattern.

None of the people interviewed said that they had experienced sexual harassment, assault or misconduct by Biden. All said they never heard any rumors or allegations of Biden engaging in sexual misconduct, until the recent assault allegation made by Tara Reade. Former staffers said they believed Reade should be heard, and acknowledged that their experiences do not disprove her accusation.

Overall, the people who spoke to the NewsHour described largely positive and gratifying experiences working for Biden, painting a portrait of someone who was ahead of his time in empowering women in the workplace.

Ben Savage, who said his desk was next to Reade’s in the Biden mailroom, disputed her charge that she was forced out of her job in retaliation for a sexual harassment complaint she claims to have filed.

Savage, who worked as the office’s systems administrator, overseeing computers and information processing, told the NewsHour that Reade was fired for her poor performance on the job, which he witnessed — not as retaliation for her complaints about sexual harassment.

But according to Savage, Reade had been mishandling a key part of her job and an essential office task — processing constituent mail, something they worked on together. Savage said he recalls reporting these issues to his boss, deputy chief of staff Dennis Toner. After that, Savage said he began diminishing Reade’s duties, taking over some of her tasks and rerouting parts of the process to exclude her.

Second, https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...ntances-260771

‘Manipulative, deceitful, user’: Tara Reade left a trail of aggrieved acquaintances

A number of those who crossed paths with Biden’s accuser say they remember two things: She spoke favorably about her time working for Biden, and she left them feeling duped.

Wrye and her husband knew Reade as Tara McCabe, the woman who had rented a yurt on their 12-acre California property and tended to the couple’s horses — and her own — for about 10 months beginning in 2017. They were well-acquainted with their former tenant, who frequently knocked on the door of their home seeking emotional support, asking for financial help or forgiveness for late rent payments, which they granted.

“You can use these words: manipulative, deceitful, user,” said Kelly Klett, an attorney who rented Reade a room in her home in 2018. “Looking back at it all now, that is exactly how I view her and how I feel about her.”

After her husband suffered a brain injury that forced the couple to sell the property, Wrye said, Reade turned on them.

“She became really difficult,” Wrye said. “She said, ‘You’re going to have to pay me to get me to leave.’”

“She was manipulative,” said Wrye, a self-described feminist and social activist. “She was always saying she was going to get it together, but she couldn’t. And ‘could you help her’?”

The people quoted in this article provided copies of past emails, screenshots of Facebook Messenger or text exchanges with Reade, copies of billing invoices or court records detailing their grievances or correspondence. POLITICO also reviewed dozens of public records, including court documents, divorce filings and Reade’s 2012 bankruptcy records.

Tons more in that article as well. Because I'm a naive fool I assume this will at least start to satisfy those whinging about the lack of investigation into Tara's claims.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-15-2020, 08:23 PM.

Your highlights look like hit pieces to me.

But it doesn't really matter since Biden doesn't have a chance and is sinking fast. Reade is just a footnote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Your highlights look like hit pieces to me.

But it doesn't really matter since Biden doesn't have a chance and is sinking fast. Reade is just a footnote.
      I see. So it wasn't the lack of investigation of her claims that RWNJs were unahppy about. Just the fact that Biden is beating Trump in Florida now thanks to the olds. Got it ;).

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        I see. So it wasn't the lack of investigation of her claims that RWNJs were unahppy about. Just the fact that Biden is beating Trump in Florida now thanks to the olds. Got it ;).
        He is slipping. Did you see that covid "roundtable" he did? I will be surprised if the DNC doesn't come up with a better candidate come August.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          He is slipping. Did you see that covid "roundtable" he did? I will be surprised if the DNC doesn't come up with a better candidate come August.
          All the more embarrassing for Trump to be losing to him then :).

Comment

All the more embarrassing for Trump to be losing to him then :).
            Kinda like, as miserable a man as Trump was, Hillary lost to him.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Yep. She really shouldn't have had that server. And she should have released her Morgan Stanley speeches earlier. Surely you agree should would have won handily in that case.
              Last edited by DivineOb; 05-16-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Yep. She really shouldn't have had that server. And she should have released her Morgan Stanley speeches earlier. Surely you agree should would have won handily in that case.
                Not understanding that last sentence.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Not understanding that last sentence.
                  I think he's suggesting that Hillary would have won if she had come clean about her illegal email server and various conflicts of interest while she was Secretary of State. I'm not sure I follow his thinking there.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    I think he's suggesting that Hillary would have won if she had come clean about her illegal email server and various conflicts of interest while she was Secretary of State. I'm not sure I follow his thinking there.
                    Well, for Hillary to "come clean" would be a miracle of the highest order.

Comment

It also would have required to her to admit she broke the law and compromised national security.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

"Come clean"? Like with a cloth or something?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          I meant more along the lines of never having the server in the first place.

Comment

Odd how the deep state revealed that investigation into Hillary, but didn't mention the ongoing investigation into Trump at the time. Whose side were they on anyway!

Comment

She lost with a 3 million vote majority. Republicans gotta love that electoral college.

Comment