Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 158

Thread: Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

  1. #81
    Department Head
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,414
    Amen (Given)
    21259
    Amen (Received)
    1609
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    My God, Jim, your hatred is palpable. As is your chicken little routine. It's pathetic.
    what can you expect of someone who only listens to CNN for his information since it says what he wants to hear he doesn't want to hear the truth anymore.

  2. #82
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,387
    Amen (Given)
    691
    Amen (Received)
    1993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    My God, Jim, your hatred is palpable. As is your chicken little routine. It's pathetic.
    Speaking the truth is not hatred. Trump will try to dismiss leadership at the CDC, because they have come out and said the truth - that he screwed up the pandemic response. He is who he is. That the Senate has become a yes men arm of his administration is also simply the truth. Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.

    As should you.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  3. #83
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,387
    Amen (Given)
    691
    Amen (Received)
    1993
    Quote Originally Posted by RumTumTugger View Post
    what can you expect of someone who only listens to CNN for his information since it says what he wants to hear he doesn't want to hear the truth anymore.
    Again the ad hominem.

    You have nothing of substance to say, so you attack the man. Understandable - Trump simply can't be defended using reason.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  4. #84
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,412
    Amen (Given)
    8191
    Amen (Received)
    8700
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Speaking the truth is not hatred.
    Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. It is your opinion...

    Trump will try to dismiss leadership at the CDC, because they have come out and said the truth - that he screwed up the pandemic response.
    It's within his right to do so too. And he did NOT screw up the response. Unless you consider a 95% reduction from the forecasted death rate a failure...

    He is who he is.
    Indeed. And your opinion of him clouds your judgment .

    That the Senate has become a yes men arm of his administration is also simply the truth.
    No it hasn't. And no it isn't. It's your OPINION, colored by your hatred for Trump.

    Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.
    Another opinion bandied about as fact.

    As should you.
    Why? Because YOU say so? Get off your arrogant high horse Jim.


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  5. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
  6. #85
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,387
    Amen (Given)
    691
    Amen (Received)
    1993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. It is your opinion...
    If I say 2+2 = 4, it is not my opinion Bill, it is the truth. Calling me echoing simple facts 'stating my opinion' is rhetoric and denial.


    It's within his right to do so too. And he did NOT screw up the response. Unless you consider a 95% reduction from the forecasted death rate a failure...
    He royally screwed it up as has been broadcast from multiple sources. The US as some 4% of the worlds population, but fully 1/3 of its COVID-19 cases. That is screwing up the response. When nations like S Korea, and Germany, the UK, can mount a better response than the US, that is screwing up. We are the most technologically advanced and one of the if not the richest nation on the Earth, yet we have had one of the worst responses containing this virus on the planet. And at each and every step, we can see Donald Trump playing politics, ignoring hard science, dragging his feet. This is not 'opinion' BTC, these are simple facts. It is a simple fact that he tried to claim 'It might just go away'. It is a simple fact that he has dropped the ball coordinating a nationwide response, that he wasted months getting PPE stockpiled, that he promised universal testing and still has not delivered, that he has left state governments to fend for themselves getting and coordinating supplies and equipment. He has tried to force workers to return to unsafe workplaces while giving CEO's a pass on making the necessary changes. The list can go on for pages. He completely ignored the pandemic response playbook created by the Obama administration and then tried to claim it did not exist. Only a complete idiot would try to claim he did not screw this up. And he is still screwing it up by driving states to return before they are ready.

    Indeed. And your opinion of him clouds your judgment
    No BTC, your blindness to his failures is clouding yours. My judgement is just fine.


    No it hasn't. And no it isn't. It's your OPINION, colored by your hatred for Trump.
    Mitch McConnell and the senate have bent over backwards to protect this president from his excesses and mistakes. He should be gone right now for what he did in Ukraine. Any other president WOULD be gone had they done what he did in Ukraine. But instead the senate plugged its noses and voted to give him a pass. That is called being a yes man. And WRT this pandemic? Wow. They will not hold the man to any standards AT ALL.


    Another opinion bandied about as fact.
    There you go, perfect example of just how poor your 'judgement' is.

    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd
    Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.
    That is not 'an opinion bandied about as fact', that is me saying that I despise about what trump has done to the US.


    Why? Because YOU say so? Get off your arrogant high horse Jim.
    No. Someone has to stand for truth and not be willing to let themselves be corrupted Trump. Sorry you are not willing to be one of those people, but that is your choice, not mine.

    ETA: I am done apologizing for standing up for what is good and right.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020 at 12:39 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  7. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
  8. #86
    God, family, chicken! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Central VA
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    16,412
    Amen (Given)
    8191
    Amen (Received)
    8700
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    If I say 2+2 = 4, it is not my opinion Bill, it is the truth.
    ]

    Because that's a mathematical fact. Your hatred for Trump is not.

    Calling me echoing simple facts 'stating my opinion' is rhetoric and denial.
    And you calling them "simple facts" is a joke.



    He royally screwed it up as has been broadcast from multiple sources.
    Which I find hilarious because those same sources were lauding his response in the beginning. Trump played that montage for them at a presser and thoroughly embarrassed them to their faces.

    The US as some 4% of the worlds population, but fully 1/3 of its COVID-19 cases.
    Again, so what? The original projections were upwards of 2 million deaths. Less than 5% of that number is a blatant success to anyone who is intellectually honest.

    That is screwing up the response. When nations like S Korea, and Germany, the UK, can mount a better response than the US, that is screwing up. We are the most technologically advanced and one of the if not the richest nation on the Earth, yet we have had one of the worst responses containing this virus on the planet.
    Think again...

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/


    And at each and every step, we can see Donald Trump playing politics, ignoring hard science, dragging his feet.
    Opinions, Jim. That you suck at the leftist media's tit and don't like that he disagrees with them on some key decisions is not facts.

    This is not 'opinion' BTC, these are simple facts.
    No they aren't.

    It is a simple fact that he tried to claim 'It might just go away'.
    "Get a grip America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now," from The Washington Post
    "In Europe, Fear Spreads Faster Than the Coronavirus Itself," from The New York Times
    "Worried About Catching The New Coronavirus? In The U.S., Flu Is A Bigger Threat," from NPR
    "Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus," from The Washington Post


    It is a simple fact that he has dropped the ball coordinating a nationwide response, that he wasted months getting PPE stockpiled, that he promised universal testing and still has not delivered, that he has left state governments to fend for themselves getting and coordinating supplies and equipment. He has tried to force workers to return to unsafe workplaces while giving CEO's a pass on making the necessary changes. The list can go on for pages. He completely ignored the pandemic response playbook created by the Obama administration and then tried to claim it did not exist. Only a complete idiot would try to claim he did not screw this up. And he is still screwing it up by driving states to return before they are ready.
    Truckloads of horse crap, overblown hysteria, and sensationalized lies!

    Gov. Brian Kemp allowed barber shops, hair and nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and bowling alleys to reopen their doors under new guidelines. A few days later, dine-in restaurants were allowed to serve patrons. Statewide testing has reportedly increased. The average number of new COVID-19 cases has declined more than 20% since the reopening date, according to the Georgia Department of Health.


    No BTC, your blindness to his failures is clouding yours. My judgement is just fine.
    Another opinion.


    Mitch McConnell and the senate have bent over backwards to protect this president from his excesses and mistakes.
    Liar. They've done their job. They also supported Republican agenda items that happen to align with the President's.

    He should be gone right now for what he did in Ukraine.
    Your uninformed decision.

    Any other president WOULD be gone had they done what he did in Ukraine.
    Your opinion.

    But instead the senate plugged its noses and voted to give him a pass.
    Lies. They evaluated the House's claims and found them wanting. And they certainly were. Obstruction of Congress... PUH-LEASE!!!

    That is called being a yes man.
    It's called doing your job the way the Constitution dictates. The House had nothing and they knew it. They didn't care.

    And WRT this pandemic? Wow. They will not hold the man to any standards AT ALL.
    Nebulous opinion noted.


    There you go, perfect example of just how poor your 'judgement' is.
    Your opinion.


    That is not 'an opinion bandied about as fact', that is me saying that I despise about what trump has done to the US.
    It's your opinion that what he has done warrants your despising. I have no doubt that you despise him. I question your Christian duty to not hate the leader of this country.


    No. Someone has to stand for truth and not be willing to let themselves be corrupted Trump. Sorry you are not willing to be one of those people, but that is your choice, not mine.
    Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. Sorry you can't get that. I pity you.

    ETA: I am done apologizing for standing up for what is good and right.
    Good according to your opinion...


    Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

    I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

  9. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  10. #87
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,315
    Amen (Given)
    116
    Amen (Received)
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Your link defaults to only displaying 13 results, with the USA at 8th place. Expand it to 50 and and the USA is at... 8th. What do you think your link proves that is beneficial to your case?

  11. #88
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,387
    Amen (Given)
    691
    Amen (Received)
    1993
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    ]

    Because that's a mathematical fact. Your hatred for Trump is not.



    And you calling them "simple facts" is a joke.





    Which I find hilarious because those same sources were lauding his response in the beginning. Trump played that montage for them at a presser and thoroughly embarrassed them to their faces.



    Again, so what? The original projections were upwards of 2 million deaths. Less than 5% of that number is a blatant success to anyone who is intellectually honest.



    Think again...

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/




    Opinions, Jim. That you suck at the leftist media's tit and don't like that he disagrees with them on some key decisions is not facts.



    No they aren't.



    "Get a grip America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now," from The Washington Post
    "In Europe, Fear Spreads Faster Than the Coronavirus Itself," from The New York Times
    "Worried About Catching The New Coronavirus? In The U.S., Flu Is A Bigger Threat," from NPR
    "Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus," from The Washington Post




    Truckloads of horse crap, overblown hysteria, and sensationalized lies!

    Gov. Brian Kemp allowed barber shops, hair and nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and bowling alleys to reopen their doors under new guidelines. A few days later, dine-in restaurants were allowed to serve patrons. Statewide testing has reportedly increased. The average number of new COVID-19 cases has declined more than 20% since the reopening date, according to the Georgia Department of Health.




    Another opinion.




    Liar. They've done their job. They also supported Republican agenda items that happen to align with the President's.



    Your uninformed decision.



    Your opinion.



    Lies. They evaluated the House's claims and found them wanting. And they certainly were. Obstruction of Congress... PUH-LEASE!!!



    It's called doing your job the way the Constitution dictates. The House had nothing and they knew it. They didn't care.



    Nebulous opinion noted.




    Your opinion.




    It's your opinion that what he has done warrants your despising. I have no doubt that you despise him. I question your Christian duty to not hate the leader of this country.




    Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. Sorry you can't get that. I pity you.



    Good according to your opinion...
    There is way to much hatred and irrational ranting in this post for me to even bother. You likely wouldn't comprehend the response anyway.

    I would also remind you that accusations of lying require substantiation, keeping in mind for something I say to be 'a lie' I must know it to be untrue. I assure you none of my post contains comments stated as true that I know to be untrue.

    So - do you feel better now that you've gotten all that off your chest?

    ETA:

    I will concede that if the metric used is deaths per million, UK is doing worse than the US. Of course, the metric I was using was NOT deaths per million, but the total number of cases and the total number of deaths. But even using your metric, S.Korea and Germany still beat us, as does China, and Russia, and Denmark, and Canada and ... shall I go on?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020 at 04:07 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

  12. #89
    What's that? lilpixieofterror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    11,616
    Amen (Given)
    1581
    Amen (Received)
    3638
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Your link defaults to only displaying 13 results, with the USA at 8th place. Expand it to 50 and and the USA is at... 8th. What do you think your link proves that is beneficial to your case?
    What is the testing rates of most of the world, Mr ‘intellectual’?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

  13. #90
    tWebber Mountain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22,075
    Amen (Given)
    6582
    Amen (Received)
    8086
    Pompeo says that he has no idea what Linick might have been investigating, and that he never asked Trump to fire him as retaliation.

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ng-hi-n2569148
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God


    From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •