Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    And wasnít it the American media telling us it wasnít that bad and we had nothing to worry about in Jan and Feb? Weird how places that didnít trust the CCP did better, isnít it?
    I know FLC was saying it wasn't going to be a big deal. Who else did that?

FYI, comparing a single city, to an entire country, isnít a very good measurement.
    Hong Kong is the 104th most populated country. I guess we should discount all the less populated ones when comparing Coronavirus responses, right? :)

Youíre very confused, huh?
    Not at all. The link I pasted showed exactly the data you complained wasn't included.

The one where most of the world has poor to no testing data?
    MM you are too transparent.

Which is what fools say. Youíll never be number 1 in everything. Itís much better to be good in areas where it counts.
    *sigh*
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-21-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I know FLC was saying it wasn't going to be a big deal. Who else did that?
    The majority of the news said that. Do you not remember?

Hong Kong is the 104th most populated country. I guess we should discount all the less populated ones when comparing Coronavirus responses, right? :)
    And how much do they trust the mainland? I seem to recall all sorts of protest going on last year, you? Countries that didnít trust the CCP and what they said are doing better vs those that did? Who would have thought that would happen?

Not at all. The link I pasted showed exactly the data you complained wasn't included.
    Youíre very confused if you think Iím MM or BTC is OBP.

MM you are too transparent.
    Okay crazy man, whatever you say.

*sigh*
    Canít refute the point youíll never be number 1, in everything? I understand.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The majority of the news said that. Do you not remember?
    I get my news from Twitter (and for Coronavirus @BNODesk who have had the best coverage of this issue from day 0). The voices I follow on Twitter were sounding the alarm way, way back from either the end of 2019 or very beginning of 2020.

And how much do they trust the mainland? I seem to recall all sorts of protest going on last year, you? Countries that didnít trust the CCP and what they said are doing better vs those that did? Who would have thought that would happen?
    My wife is from Hong Kong and I was literally in HK back when those protests were starting. The reason HK did better is not because of mistrust for PRC. It's because of lessons learned during SARS / H1N1 which they employed in force this time. In exactly the same way Trump didn't do that, actually.

Do you even know what the protests were about? Or is this just another lame attempt at sounding smart?

Youíre very confused if you think Iím MM or BTC is OBP.
    It takes a lot of smarts to act dumb. You don't quite have what it takes to pull that off. So you're either MM or another person with the same name (deep Shakespeare cut yo).

Canít refute the point youíll never be number 1, in everything? I understand.
    Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right? What point are you trying to make here? "At least we're not Venezuela"?

Sheesh

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I get my news from Twitter (and for Coronavirus @BNODesk who have had the best coverage of this issue from day 0). The voices I follow on Twitter were sounding the alarm way, way back from either the end of 2019 or very beginning of 2020.
    Thatís nice, still doesnít refute the major networks said in Jan and Feb that this wasnít a big deal. Are you saying they are all worthless?

My wife is from Hong Kong and I was literally in HK back when those protests were starting. The reason HK did better is not because of mistrust for PRC. It's because of lessons learned during SARS / H1N1 which they employed in force this time. In exactly the same way Trump didn't do that, actually.
    So they didnít trust the Chinese authorities telling the rest of the world there was nothing to worry about?

Do you even know what the protests were about? Or is this just another lame attempt at sounding smart?
    Youíre the expert on trying to sound smart, but you just admitted they didnít trust what mainland China was telling the rest of the world or do you not remember that?

It takes a lot of smarts to act dumb. You don't quite have what it takes to pull that off. So you're either MM or another person with the same name (deep Shakespeare cut yo).
    Or youíre not as smart as you think you are. MM and I have been around for over 10 years. Do you really think I could pull it off for that long and no one catch on?

Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right? What point are you trying to make here? "At least we're not Venezuela"?

Sheesh
    That youíre not as smart as you think. There is no way to be the best in everything due to the very nature of reality. You canít be number 1 in high speed trains, when high speed trains are impractical for you to use, as one example. Itís impossible, why canít you understand that?
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thatís nice, still doesnít refute the major networks said in Jan and Feb that this wasnít a big deal. Are you saying they are all worthless?
    If you want to point me to where they said that I'll be glad to criticize them. Probably they could have done more. Who minimized Coronavirus in any way at all comparable to FLC? I'll be glad to wag my finger.

So they didnít trust the Chinese authorities telling the rest of the world there was nothing to worry about?
    The voices I as hearing, such as Dr. Gena Grayson, pointed to publicly available data indicating the serious potential of this virus from day 0. No reason to listen to PRC either way -- the data spoke and speaks for itself.

Youíre the expert on trying to sound smart, but you just admitted they didnít trust what mainland China was telling the rest of the world or do you not remember that?
    My question was whether you knew why the protests sprung up. It sounds like you don't. They weren't spontaneous protests because "they don't trust China." There was a specific law which was the genesis. Do you know what that law was?

Or youíre not as smart as you think you are. MM and I have been around for over 10 years. Do you really think I could pull it off for that long and no one catch on?
    If you're not MM you're not. You're obviously not who you claim to be.

That youíre not as smart as you think. There is no way to be the best in everything due to the very nature of reality. You canít be number 1 in high speed trains, when high speed trains are impractical for you to use, as one example. Itís impossible, why canít you understand that?
    See, this right here. You either can't read or you're intentionally trolling. Your level of "confusion" in these posts matches very closely with MM's style.

In any case, we'll never prove whether you are who you claim to be. Maybe you just have a crush on MM.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-21-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If you want to point me to where they said that I'll be glad to criticize them. Probably they could have done more. Who minimized Coronavirus in any way at all comparable to FLC? I'll be glad to wag my finger.
    Wagging your finger does little good, but it is funny how the same people that said things were fine, now say the opposite.

The voices I as hearing, such as Dr. Gena Grayson, pointed to publicly available data indicating the serious potential of this virus from day 0. No reason to listen to PRC either way -- the data spoke and speaks for itself.
    That still doesnít change the fact many people were saying it wasnít a big deal, back before mid February, does it?

My question was whether you knew why the protests sprung up. It sounds like you don't. They weren't spontaneous protests because "they don't trust China." There was a specific law which was the genesis. Do you know what that law was?
    https://www.english-online.at/news-a...tation-law.htm

Why is it such a big deal, unless the communist party is not to be trusted?

If you're not MM you're not. You're obviously not who you claim to be.
    Which is what? An everyday American citizen?

See, this right here. You either can't read or you're intentionally trolling. Your level of "confusion" in these posts matches very closely with MM's style.
    Or youíre just a sucky communicator.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wagging your finger does little good, but it is funny how the same people that said things were fine, now say the opposite.
    Yeah it's *crazy* that people change their perspective with new evidence.

That still doesnít change the fact many people were saying it wasnít a big deal, back before mid February, does it?
    What I"m saying is I don't believe you that credible voices were saying that. Point me to the credible voices saying that and I'll re-evaluate my perspective on them. You do want to change my mind, don't you?

https://www.english-online.at/news-a...tation-law.htm

Why is it such a big deal, unless the communist party is not to be trusted?
    Because that's such a facile argument. Literally *everything* *anyone* in HK does you can say was because of distrust for PRC by your reasoning. It's a virtual tautology.

Which is what? An everyday American citizen?
    You're obviously some form of troll.

Or youíre just a sucky communicator.
    Here is what I said

Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right?

Re-write it to be more clear than what I wrote.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeah it's *crazy* that people change their perspective with new evidence.
    So why are we attacking people who did just that?

What I"m saying is I don't believe you that credible voices were saying that. Point me to the credible voices saying that and I'll re-evaluate my perspective on them. You do want to change my mind, don't you?
    I don’t care about changing your mind one bit. Here you go:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/f...-threat-trump/

Credible enough?

Because that's such a facile argument. Literally *everything* *anyone* in HK does you can say was because of distrust for PRC by your reasoning. It's a virtual tautology.
    Do you hold rallies and huge protest, if you don’t care or trust the government? People protested sending criminals back to mainland China because they thought they wouldn’t get a fair trial. Why would you do that, unless there was no trust of the Chinese government? Spin it how you want, but few would care if most trusted the Chinese government.

You're obviously some form of troll.
    Pot, meet kettle.

Here is what I said

Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right?

Re-write it to be more clear than what I wrote.
    That still doesnít address what I said. Be good in some areas in much more attainable and realistic. Being 10th, out of a race with almost 200 others, is pretty darn good.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote me where I've done that. Sheesh to the max.

Credible enough?
    Will you *please* read your own links for a change.

ďBottom line. We donít have to worry about this one, right?Ē Newsmax anchor Greg Kelly asked Fauci on January 21.

ďObviously, you need to take it seriously, and do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing, Ē Fauci responded. ďBut, this not a major threat for the people of the United States, and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.Ē

Do you hold rallies and huge protest, if you don’t care or trust the government? People protested sending criminals back to mainland China because they thought they wouldn’t get a fair trial. Why would you do that, unless there was no trust of the Chinese government? Spin it how you want, but few would care if most trusted the Chinese government.
    You're trying hard to make it out that I was saying that the people of HK trust PRC. Of course they don't, nor should they. But it is not true that HK took extreme steps *purely* or even *mostly* for that reason. That this was "the next big one" was readily apparent from the beginning from the publicly available data. You could find videos all over Twitter of the effect it was having in PRC, irregardless of the CCP's spin. ^

Pot, meet kettle.
    So we're both trolls? Is that your point?

That still doesnít address what I said. Be good in some areas in much more attainable and realistic. Being 10th, out of a race with almost 200 others, is pretty darn good.
    And I thought it was only snowflake liberals who gave out participation trophies.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Credible enough?

Pot, meet kettle.

5% of the worlds population, 30% of the worlds deaths. Not good Lilpix. Maybe we should do what Trump suggests, "if we do less testing, we'll have less cases."