Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Trump: I don’t know the guy, never heard of him. Mike Pompeo told me to do it.

What an admission!
    If you noticed, that is his go to excuse. He said the same about Dr. Bright. Oh, I don't know the man, never heard of him. Interesting how the Trump crowd never picks up on that. Trump is like Sgt Shultz on the old Hogans Heros show. "I know nothingk!"

Comment

Trump ousts another IG , the IG of the Dept of Transportation, who was apparently investigating the Secretary of the Dept., Elaine Chou, wife of Moscow Mitch.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/05...general-268611

I don't know, seems like Trump forgot that he was supposed to drain the swamp, not free it up!

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        This has been my point for quite a while. Whatever Trump does is ok, as longs as while he's doing it he's trumbing his nose (or giving the finger to) someone with a liberal label.

He can violate the emoluments clause
        Turley, not a Trumper, recognizes this claim is bogus.

He can throw the children of immigrants in jail
        Cages. Get the narrative right.

And of course, they were actually Barry's cages. (Admittedly that fiasco went too far and lasted too long.)

He can invite china to interfere in our elections
        Russia. And it was a joke. But humorless people can't accept that.

He can abuse his power and fire anyone and everyone that would hold him accountable
        I'm not convinced that's the case in general, but it does appear likely in the case of the State Dept. IG.

He can undermine free speech and convince half the country to ignore the press almost in its entirety
        A 2-fer!

First, he is in no way undermining free speech. That dishonor goes to the fascist left in gubmint and Big Tech.

Second, ignoring the press almost in its entirety, at this point in history, is probably not a bad idea, especially if one wishes to maintain one's sanity.

He can have multiple women who he has molested or committed adultury with
        No one has denied that his personal behavior, especially prior to serving as POTUS, is not something to emulate.

He can ignore a pandemic until we have 10's of thousands of deaths and encourage insane conspiracy theories or rhetoric designed to make half the country think 'it's just like the flu'.
        Glad to see you no longer trust Farcical and Scarf Queen, since they've consistently said he acted promptly and properly.

He can lie about anything and nearly everything each and every day
        Turley has noted the paradox here, viz. that he lies (but not nearly so much as his critics claim), but that he has been strikingly honest in keeping campaign promises.

He can do almost anything that under normal circumstances would have him impeached or people marching in the streets of washington - but as long as while he is doing it he's giving a Democrat the finger, it is ok.
        Giving libs the bird is a glorious bonus.

As to "impeached," he *was* impeached -- and acquitted. If the House had not been so crazy and feckless, they might have been able to make a strong enough "obstruction" case to get maybe 60 votes in the Senate, but probably not enough to remove him. And if he were not so temperamental, he would not have given them the ammo for the obstruction case.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Giving libs the bird is a glorious bonus.

As to "impeached," he *was* impeached -- and acquitted. If the House had not been so crazy and feckless, they might have been able to make a strong enough "obstruction" case to get maybe 60 votes in the Senate, but probably not enough to remove him. And if he were not so temperamental, he would not have given them the ammo for the obstruction case.
          Your list of Trumpian denials is not worth the time, and I don't have the time. But others can feel free to take them on, I'm not wasting my time at this point. Maybe later.

This last one is just classic Trumpian denial. What we have are a bunch of GOP minions in the senate that have sold their souls to Donald Trump. The decision to acquit was made long before any evidence was looked at, and indeed, they refused to interview as many sources as possible. As long as the senate majority is in the hands of these minions, Trump is immune from the consequences of his actions. I don't know if Donald has a safe with dirt on them holding it over their heads, or if they are just so enamored with power and so committed to keeping it they will do anything to keep it, but whatever the reason, it's dirty, and it has turned our once high ideals into a laughing stock. We now are effectively a bananna republic where the counselors and senators are, for the majority, just yes men that do his bidding.

Fortunately we still have some areas of the government that will stand up to him:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/polit...nvs/index.html

But I'm sure there will be firings and replacements in the CDC to get them 'on board' as well.

The fools that did not vote to remove will be listed in history as likely taking a pass on one of the last chances we had to stop the Trump Train To Travesty.

We have six months to get this guy out. If he gets a second term, it is very likely we are pretty much done. If not with Trump then with someone who comes behind him building on the massacre of our government checks and balances he has initiated.

And you Norrin will get to tell your children and grandchildren how you helped make the corruption and dismantling of the Greatest Free nation in the world possible.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020, 10:19 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Your list of Trumpian denials is not worth the time, and I don't have the time. But others can feel free to take them on, I'm not wasting my time at this point. Maybe later.

This last one is just classic Trumpian denial. What we have are a bunch of GOP minions in the senate that have sold their souls to Donald Trump. The decision to acquit was made long before any evidence was looked at, and indeed, they refused to interview as many sources as possible. As long as the senate majority is in the hands of these minions, Trump is immune from the consequences of his actions. I don't know if Donald has a safe with dirt on them holding it over their heads, or if they are just so enamored with power and so committed to keeping it they will do anything to keep it, but whatever the reason, it's dirty, and it has turned our once high ideals into a laughing stock. We now are effectively a bananna republic where the counselors and senators are, for the majority, just yes men that do his bidding.

Fortunately we still have some areas of the government that will stand up to him:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/20/polit...nvs/index.html

But I'm sure there will be firings and replacements in the CDC to get them 'on board' as well.

The fools that did not vote to remove will be listed in history as likely taking a pass on one of the last chances we had to stop the Trump Train To Travesty.

We have six months to get this guy out. If he gets a second term, it is very likely we are pretty much done. If not with Trump then with someone who comes behind him building on the massacre of our government checks and balances he has initiated.

And you Norrin will get to tell your children and grandchildren how you helped make the corruption and dismantling of the Greatest Free nation in the world possible.
            My God, Jim, your hatred is palpable. As is your chicken little routine. It's pathetic.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              My God, Jim, your hatred is palpable. As is your chicken little routine. It's pathetic.
              what can you expect of someone who only listens to CNN for his information since it says what he wants to hear he doesn't want to hear the truth anymore.

Comment

Speaking the truth is not hatred. Trump will try to dismiss leadership at the CDC, because they have come out and said the truth - that he screwed up the pandemic response. He is who he is. That the Senate has become a yes men arm of his administration is also simply the truth. Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.

As should you.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                  what can you expect of someone who only listens to CNN for his information since it says what he wants to hear he doesn't want to hear the truth anymore.
                  Again the ad hominem.

You have nothing of substance to say, so you attack the man. Understandable - Trump simply can't be defended using reason.

Comment

Speaking the truth is not hatred.
                    Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. It is your opinion...

Trump will try to dismiss leadership at the CDC, because they have come out and said the truth - that he screwed up the pandemic response.
                    It's within his right to do so too. And he did NOT screw up the response. Unless you consider a 95% reduction from the forecasted death rate a failure...

He is who he is.
                    Indeed. And your opinion of him clouds your judgment .

That the Senate has become a yes men arm of his administration is also simply the truth.
                    No it hasn't. And no it isn't. It's your OPINION, colored by your hatred for Trump.

Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.
                    Another opinion bandied about as fact.

As should you.
                    Why? Because YOU say so? Get off your arrogant high horse Jim.
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. It is your opinion...
                      If I say 2+2 = 4, it is not my opinion Bill, it is the truth. Calling me echoing simple facts 'stating my opinion' is rhetoric and denial.

It's within his right to do so too. And he did NOT screw up the response. Unless you consider a 95% reduction from the forecasted death rate a failure...
                      He royally screwed it up as has been broadcast from multiple sources. The US as some 4% of the worlds population, but fully 1/3 of its COVID-19 cases. That is screwing up the response. When nations like S Korea, and Germany, the UK, can mount a better response than the US, that is screwing up. We are the most technologically advanced and one of the if not the richest nation on the Earth, yet we have had one of the worst responses containing this virus on the planet. And at each and every step, we can see Donald Trump playing politics, ignoring hard science, dragging his feet. This is not 'opinion' BTC, these are simple facts. It is a simple fact that he tried to claim 'It might just go away'. It is a simple fact that he has dropped the ball coordinating a nationwide response, that he wasted months getting PPE stockpiled, that he promised universal testing and still has not delivered, that he has left state governments to fend for themselves getting and coordinating supplies and equipment. He has tried to force workers to return to unsafe workplaces while giving CEO's a pass on making the necessary changes. The list can go on for pages. He completely ignored the pandemic response playbook created by the Obama administration and then tried to claim it did not exist. Only a complete idiot would try to claim he did not screw this up. And he is still screwing it up by driving states to return before they are ready.

Indeed. And your opinion of him clouds your judgment
                      No BTC, your blindness to his failures is clouding yours. My judgement is just fine.

No it hasn't. And no it isn't. It's your OPINION, colored by your hatred for Trump.
                      Mitch McConnell and the senate have bent over backwards to protect this president from his excesses and mistakes. He should be gone right now for what he did in Ukraine. Any other president WOULD be gone had they done what he did in Ukraine. But instead the senate plugged its noses and voted to give him a pass. That is called being a yes man. And WRT this pandemic? Wow. They will not hold the man to any standards AT ALL.

Another opinion bandied about as fact.
                      There you go, perfect example of just how poor your 'judgement' is.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                      Do I despise what trump is doing to our government and to the truth? Yes.
                      That is not 'an opinion bandied about as fact', that is me saying that I despise about what trump has done to the US.

Why? Because YOU say so? Get off your arrogant high horse Jim.
                      No. Someone has to stand for truth and not be willing to let themselves be corrupted Trump. Sorry you are not willing to be one of those people, but that is your choice, not mine.

ETA: I am done apologizing for standing up for what is good and right.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020, 02:39 PM.

Comment

If I say 2+2 = 4, it is not my opinion Bill, it is the truth.
                        ]

Because that's a mathematical fact. Your hatred for Trump is not.

Calling me echoing simple facts 'stating my opinion' is rhetoric and denial.
                        And you calling them "simple facts" is a joke.

He royally screwed it up as has been broadcast from multiple sources.
                        Which I find hilarious because those same sources were lauding his response in the beginning. Trump played that montage for them at a presser and thoroughly embarrassed them to their faces.

The US as some 4% of the worlds population, but fully 1/3 of its COVID-19 cases.
                        Again, so what? The original projections were upwards of 2 million deaths. Less than 5% of that number is a blatant success to anyone who is intellectually honest.

That is screwing up the response. When nations like S Korea, and Germany, the UK, can mount a better response than the US, that is screwing up. We are the most technologically advanced and one of the if not the richest nation on the Earth, yet we have had one of the worst responses containing this virus on the planet.
                        Think again...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

And at each and every step, we can see Donald Trump playing politics, ignoring hard science, dragging his feet.
                        Opinions, Jim. That you suck at the leftist media's tit and don't like that he disagrees with them on some key decisions is not facts.

This is not 'opinion' BTC, these are simple facts.
                        No they aren't.

It is a simple fact that he tried to claim 'It might just go away'.
                        "Get a grip America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now," from The Washington Post
                        "In Europe, Fear Spreads Faster Than the Coronavirus Itself," from The New York Times
                        "Worried About Catching The New Coronavirus? In The U.S., Flu Is A Bigger Threat," from NPR
                        "Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus," from The Washington Post

It is a simple fact that he has dropped the ball coordinating a nationwide response, that he wasted months getting PPE stockpiled, that he promised universal testing and still has not delivered, that he has left state governments to fend for themselves getting and coordinating supplies and equipment. He has tried to force workers to return to unsafe workplaces while giving CEO's a pass on making the necessary changes. The list can go on for pages. He completely ignored the pandemic response playbook created by the Obama administration and then tried to claim it did not exist. Only a complete idiot would try to claim he did not screw this up. And he is still screwing it up by driving states to return before they are ready.
                        Truckloads of horse crap, overblown hysteria, and sensationalized lies!

Gov. Brian Kemp allowed barber shops, hair and nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and bowling alleys to reopen their doors under new guidelines. A few days later, dine-in restaurants were allowed to serve patrons. Statewide testing has reportedly increased. The average number of new COVID-19 cases has declined more than 20% since the reopening date, according to the Georgia Department of Health.

No BTC, your blindness to his failures is clouding yours. My judgement is just fine.
                        Another opinion.

Mitch McConnell and the senate have bent over backwards to protect this president from his excesses and mistakes.
                        Liar. They've done their job. They also supported Republican agenda items that happen to align with the President's.

He should be gone right now for what he did in Ukraine.
                        Your uninformed decision.

Any other president WOULD be gone had they done what he did in Ukraine.
                        Your opinion.

But instead the senate plugged its noses and voted to give him a pass.
                        Lies. They evaluated the House's claims and found them wanting. And they certainly were. Obstruction of Congress... PUH-LEASE!!!

That is called being a yes man.
                        It's called doing your job the way the Constitution dictates. The House had nothing and they knew it. They didn't care.

And WRT this pandemic? Wow. They will not hold the man to any standards AT ALL.
                        Nebulous opinion noted.

There you go, perfect example of just how poor your 'judgement' is.
                        Your opinion.

That is not 'an opinion bandied about as fact', that is me saying that I despise about what trump has done to the US.
                        It's your opinion that what he has done warrants your despising. I have no doubt that you despise him. I question your Christian duty to not hate the leader of this country.

No. Someone has to stand for truth and not be willing to let themselves be corrupted Trump. Sorry you are not willing to be one of those people, but that is your choice, not mine.
                        Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. Sorry you can't get that. I pity you.

ETA: I am done apologizing for standing up for what is good and right.
                        Good according to your opinion...
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Your link defaults to only displaying 13 results, with the USA at 8th place. Expand it to 50 and and the USA is at... 8th. What do you think your link proves that is beneficial to your case?

Comment

]

Because that's a mathematical fact. Your hatred for Trump is not.

And you calling them "simple facts" is a joke.

Which I find hilarious because those same sources were lauding his response in the beginning. Trump played that montage for them at a presser and thoroughly embarrassed them to their faces.

Again, so what? The original projections were upwards of 2 million deaths. Less than 5% of that number is a blatant success to anyone who is intellectually honest.

Think again...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...n-inhabitants/

Opinions, Jim. That you suck at the leftist media's tit and don't like that he disagrees with them on some key decisions is not facts.

No they aren't.

"Get a grip America. The flu is a much bigger threat than coronavirus, for now," from The Washington Post
                            "In Europe, Fear Spreads Faster Than the Coronavirus Itself," from The New York Times
                            "Worried About Catching The New Coronavirus? In The U.S., Flu Is A Bigger Threat," from NPR
                            "Why we should be wary of an aggressive government response to coronavirus," from The Washington Post

Truckloads of horse crap, overblown hysteria, and sensationalized lies!

Gov. Brian Kemp allowed barber shops, hair and nail salons, tattoo parlors, gyms and bowling alleys to reopen their doors under new guidelines. A few days later, dine-in restaurants were allowed to serve patrons. Statewide testing has reportedly increased. The average number of new COVID-19 cases has declined more than 20% since the reopening date, according to the Georgia Department of Health.

Another opinion.

Liar. They've done their job. They also supported Republican agenda items that happen to align with the President's.

Your uninformed decision.

Your opinion.

Lies. They evaluated the House's claims and found them wanting. And they certainly were. Obstruction of Congress... PUH-LEASE!!!

It's called doing your job the way the Constitution dictates. The House had nothing and they knew it. They didn't care.

Nebulous opinion noted.

Your opinion.

It's your opinion that what he has done warrants your despising. I have no doubt that you despise him. I question your Christian duty to not hate the leader of this country.

Your opinion is not the truth, Jim. Sorry you can't get that. I pity you.

Good according to your opinion...
                            There is way to much hatred and irrational ranting in this post for me to even bother. You likely wouldn't comprehend the response anyway.

I would also remind you that accusations of lying require substantiation, keeping in mind for something I say to be 'a lie' I must know it to be untrue. I assure you none of my post contains comments stated as true that I know to be untrue.

So - do you feel better now that you've gotten all that off your chest?

ETA:

I will concede that if the metric used is deaths per million, UK is doing worse than the US. Of course, the metric I was using was NOT deaths per million, but the total number of cases and the total number of deaths. But even using your metric, S.Korea and Germany still beat us, as does China, and Russia, and Denmark, and Canada and ... shall I go on?
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-20-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              Your link defaults to only displaying 13 results, with the USA at 8th place. Expand it to 50 and and the USA is at... 8th. What do you think your link proves that is beneficial to your case?
                              What is the testing rates of most of the world, Mr ‘intellectual’?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Pompeo says that he has no idea what Linick might have been investigating, and that he never asked Trump to fire him as retaliation.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...ng-hi-n2569148
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment