Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    We don't even know if that's true. Politico's source was a congressional aide, so this could very well just be office gossip.
    But it could be true. The fact is that we don't know why, for what specific reason pertaining to his job as IG, he was fired. The reason can not be simply that the President doesn't like him. That would overthrow the whole point of oversight.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Are you talking about the Presidential guidelines?
      I wasn’t aware that the president suggested throwing people into prison or filing in skateparks.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

But it could be true. The fact is that we don't know why, for what specific reason pertaining to his job as IG, he was fired. The reason can not be simply that the President doesn't like him. That would overthrow the whole point of oversight.
        It could also be true he was fired for being a Chinese spy. Speculation, isn’t evidence Jimmy.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
          The fact is that we don't know...
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            It could also be true he was fired for being a Chinese spy. Speculation, isn’t evidence Jimmy.
            If so, then it is up to the President to make that clear to Congress. Trump is attempting to rid the government of any independent oversight into his Administration. Do you approve of that idea?

Comment

Cherry pick much?

Comment

If so, then it is up to the President to make that clear to Congress. Trump is attempting to rid the government of any independent oversight into his Administration. Do you approve of that idea?
                So congress and the courts don’t exist? The IG works for the executive branch Jimmy.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

So congress and the courts don’t exist? The IG works for the executive branch Jimmy.
                  This is the part they always seem to forget. The fact that the president has the authority to fire them should be a clue.
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The IG works for the people, Lilpix, not for the president. That kind of ignorance is how you end up with a dictator.

Comment

The IG works for the people, Lilpix, not for the president. That kind of ignorance is how you end up with a dictator.
                      I see that you’re trying to avoid admitting you’re wrong again, but the primary function of the IG is to give government workers an group, independent from their local chain, a place to report grievances, fraud, etc. The IG is not an independent agency nor an agency of Congress. Even at that, there is not one IG, but over a thousand. Just another hit piece designed to make something look much worse than it actually is.
                      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-17-2020, 11:09 AM.
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

According to a "Democratic congressional aide".
                        You don't have to take his word for hit. Surely there is a paper trail and, if true, the IG will testify to congress to that fact.

Comment

I see that you’re trying to avoid admitting you’re wrong again, but the primary function of the IG is to give government workers an group, independent from their local chain, a place to report grievances, fraud, etc. The IG is not an independent agency nor an agency of Congress. Even at that, there is not one IG, but over a thousand. Just another hit piece designed to make something look much worse than it actually is.
                          Wrong, as usual. The function of the IG's is not just someone to report grievances, fraud etc to. Its function is to audit and investigate, which is what this State Dept IG was allegedly doing with respect to Pompeo when he was fired.

Comment

Wrong, as usual. The function of the IG's is not just someone to report grievances, fraud etc to. Its function is to audit and investigate, which is what this State Dept IG was allegedly doing with respect to Pompeo when he was fired.
                            That’s for proving my point, but do you have any evidence to support your assertions?
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That’s for proving my point, but do you have any evidence to support your assertions?
                              LMGTFY

https://www.google.com/search?client...pector+general

A U.S. federal inspector general (IG) is the head of an independent, non-partisan organization established within each executive branch agency assigned to audit the agency's operation in order to discover and investigate cases of misconduct, waste, fraud and other abuse of government procedures occurring within the...

Another lazy RWNJ?! Blow me down.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                LMGTFY

https://www.google.com/search?client...pector+general

A U.S. federal inspector general (IG) is the head of an independent, non-partisan organization established within each executive branch agency assigned to audit the agency's operation in order to discover and investigate cases of misconduct, waste, fraud and other abuse of government procedures occurring within the...

Another lazy RWNJ?! Blow me down.
                                It is as if the trump supporters here have not one ounce of respect for the concept of integrity in government office and could care less about abuse of power as long as the one abusing it is Trump. Now they can write essays on freedom of the press. Integrity, accountability, as long asvit is Obama, or Hillary, or really almost any democratic and even some republican leaders.

But point out abuse of power at Trumps hand and everything they claim to believe in or be against wrt Obama or others is 'no big deal'. They actually seem to revel in Trump's abuse of power. In my opinion, this is all about sticking it to the democrats, no matter what the long term cost
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-17-2020, 02:24 PM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment