Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    If you want to point me to where they said that I'll be glad to criticize them. Probably they could have done more. Who minimized Coronavirus in any way at all comparable to FLC? I'll be glad to wag my finger.
    Wagging your finger does little good, but it is funny how the same people that said things were fine, now say the opposite.

The voices I as hearing, such as Dr. Gena Grayson, pointed to publicly available data indicating the serious potential of this virus from day 0. No reason to listen to PRC either way -- the data spoke and speaks for itself.
    That still doesn’t change the fact many people were saying it wasn’t a big deal, back before mid February, does it?

My question was whether you knew why the protests sprung up. It sounds like you don't. They weren't spontaneous protests because "they don't trust China." There was a specific law which was the genesis. Do you know what that law was?
    https://www.english-online.at/news-a...tation-law.htm

Why is it such a big deal, unless the communist party is not to be trusted?

If you're not MM you're not. You're obviously not who you claim to be.
    Which is what? An everyday American citizen?

See, this right here. You either can't read or you're intentionally trolling. Your level of "confusion" in these posts matches very closely with MM's style.
    Or you’re just a sucky communicator.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Wagging your finger does little good, but it is funny how the same people that said things were fine, now say the opposite.
      Yeah it's *crazy* that people change their perspective with new evidence.

That still doesn’t change the fact many people were saying it wasn’t a big deal, back before mid February, does it?
      What I"m saying is I don't believe you that credible voices were saying that. Point me to the credible voices saying that and I'll re-evaluate my perspective on them. You do want to change my mind, don't you?

https://www.english-online.at/news-a...tation-law.htm

Why is it such a big deal, unless the communist party is not to be trusted?
      Because that's such a facile argument. Literally *everything* *anyone* in HK does you can say was because of distrust for PRC by your reasoning. It's a virtual tautology.

Which is what? An everyday American citizen?
      You're obviously some form of troll.

Or you’re just a sucky communicator.
      Here is what I said

Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right?

Re-write it to be more clear than what I wrote.

Comment

Yeah it's *crazy* that people change their perspective with new evidence.
        So why are we attacking people who did just that?

What I"m saying is I don't believe you that credible voices were saying that. Point me to the credible voices saying that and I'll re-evaluate my perspective on them. You do want to change my mind, don't you?
        I donÂ’t care about changing your mind one bit. Here you go:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/03/f...-threat-trump/

Credible enough?

Because that's such a facile argument. Literally *everything* *anyone* in HK does you can say was because of distrust for PRC by your reasoning. It's a virtual tautology.
        Do you hold rallies and huge protest, if you donÂ’t care or trust the government? People protested sending criminals back to mainland China because they thought they wouldnÂ’t get a fair trial. Why would you do that, unless there was no trust of the Chinese government? Spin it how you want, but few would care if most trusted the Chinese government.

You're obviously some form of troll.
        Pot, meet kettle.

Here is what I said

Of course it's impractical to be #1 in everything. But we should *want* to get as close as possible, right?

Re-write it to be more clear than what I wrote.
        That still doesn’t address what I said. Be good in some areas in much more attainable and realistic. Being 10th, out of a race with almost 200 others, is pretty darn good.
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Quote me where I've done that. Sheesh to the max.

Credible enough?
          Will you *please* read your own links for a change.

“Bottom line. We don’t have to worry about this one, right?” Newsmax anchor Greg Kelly asked Fauci on January 21.

“Obviously, you need to take it seriously, and do the kinds of things that the CDC and the Department of Homeland Security are doing, ” Fauci responded. “But, this not a major threat for the people of the United States, and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

Do you hold rallies and huge protest, if you donÂ’t care or trust the government? People protested sending criminals back to mainland China because they thought they wouldnÂ’t get a fair trial. Why would you do that, unless there was no trust of the Chinese government? Spin it how you want, but few would care if most trusted the Chinese government.
          You're trying hard to make it out that I was saying that the people of HK trust PRC. Of course they don't, nor should they. But it is not true that HK took extreme steps *purely* or even *mostly* for that reason. That this was "the next big one" was readily apparent from the beginning from the publicly available data. You could find videos all over Twitter of the effect it was having in PRC, irregardless of the CCP's spin. ^

Pot, meet kettle.
          So we're both trolls? Is that your point?

That still doesn’t address what I said. Be good in some areas in much more attainable and realistic. Being 10th, out of a race with almost 200 others, is pretty darn good.
          And I thought it was only snowflake liberals who gave out participation trophies.

Comment

Credible enough?

Pot, meet kettle.

5% of the worlds population, 30% of the worlds deaths. Not good Lilpix. Maybe we should do what Trump suggests, "if we do less testing, we'll have less cases."

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              5% of the worlds population, 30% of the worlds deaths. Not good Lilpix. Maybe we should do what Trump suggests, "if we do less testing, we'll have less cases."
              And you trust China's reporting of their own numbers...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                And you trust China's reporting of their own numbers...
                Multiply their numbers by 10 or 20. Does that meaningfully change Jim's statement?

Comment

Multiply their numbers by 10 or 20. Does that meaningfully change Jim's statement?
                  Yep. If they would report accurate infection and deaths, the second percentage would decrease.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yep. If they would report accurate infection and deaths, the second percentage would decrease.
                    Based on the officially reported numbers the USA has 26% of COVID45 deaths.
                    If we increase China's deaths by 19x (to make a total of 20x) that percentage drops to 21%.

The USA still has ~4.5% of the world's population.

Are you going to suggest this meaningfully changes Jim's point?

Comment

That’s nice, still doesn’t refute the major networks said in Jan and Feb that this wasn’t a big deal. Are you saying they are all worthless?

Ok, we need to stop here. Pix, and others using this same line, this is nothing more than quote mining. Taking words out of their surrounding context and then using them to say something that is contrary to it's original meaning in that surrounding context.

The surrounding context of those words is a world where covid 19 was not yet known to have exhibited community spread inside the US, and where it was believed symptoms were always part of being infected.

A second element of context is that these words were not describing this disease's potential for harm. They were describing its immediate threat at that moment. Those words, for anyone with half a brain, were not meant to cause the nation to drop its guard, or not to prepare for a time when it might enter a phase of community spread. Those words only meant that as far as anyone knew at that time no special measure to guard against catching the disease in the USA were necessary. At that moment people did not need to panic.

In that context pix those words are exactly what could and should have been said, in that moment, at that time.

At the same time those words were being said about what immediate response was required, other words and sources were also raising the alarm relative to its potential for harm if it were to spread. And those alarms were not heeded. The response to those alarms can only be classed as negligent.

Pix you are too intelligent not to know the difference. So you need to choose. Are you going to be like Jonathan Sarfati of YEC fame and quote mine to defend your position when you know you are being deceptive, or are you going to stand with the truth and allow the truth to define your position?
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020, 09:39 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Ok, we need to stop here. Pix, and others using this same line, this is nothing more than quote mining. Taking words out of their surrounding context and then using them to say something that is contrary to it's original meaning in that surrounding context.

The surrounding context of those words is a world where covid 19 was not yet known to have exhibited community spread inside the US, and where it was believed symptoms were always part of being infected.

A second element of context is that these words were not describing this disease's potential for harm. They were describing its immediate threat at that moment. Those words, for anyone with half a brain, were not meant to cause the nation to drop its guard, or not to prepare for a time when it might enter a phase of community spread. Those words only meant that as far as anyone knew at that time no special measure to guard against catching the disease in the USA were necessary. At that moment people did not need to panic.

In that context pix those words are exactly what could and should have been said, in that moment, at that time.

At the same time those words were being said about what immediate response was required, other words and sources were also raising the alarm relative to its potential for harm if it were to spread. And those alarms were not heeded. The response to those alarms can only be classed as negligent.

Pix you are too intelligent not to know the difference. So you need to choose. Are you going to be like Jonathan Sarfati of YEC fame and quote mine to defend your position when you know you are being deceptive, or are you going to stand with the truth and allow the truth to define your position?
                        That was DWTS level tango there, Jim...
                        That's what
                        - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

That was DWTS level tango there, Jim...
                          Your inability to rationally or honestly deal with the facts as they were is noted. The question then is: are you committed to the distortion of reality like Sarfati, or are you just not intelligent enough to understand what was said? At the time wrt the two different contexts,

Either way, I dare you to try to mount a logical rebuttal of what was just said. I'm waiting, but the reality is there isnt one.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020, 09:48 AM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Based on the officially reported numbers the USA has 26% of COVID45 deaths.
                            If we increase China's deaths by 19x (to make a total of 20x) that percentage drops to 21%.

The USA still has ~4.5% of the world's population.

Are you going to suggest this meaningfully changes Jim's point?
                            Again, this means we have to trust China's reporting. And our own. It is widely publicized that money is being offered for COVID diagnoses. And that there are several states that do not distinguish between COVID caused death and dying WITH COVID.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Your inability to rationally or honestly deal with the facts as they were is noted. The question then is: are you committed to the distortion of reality like Sarfati, or are you just not intelligent enough to understand what was said?

Either way, I dare you to try to mount a logical rebuttal of what was just said. I'm waiting, but the reality is there isnt one.
                              You lost the pleasure of me answering you directly. Dare all you want. You are nothing to me.
                              That's what
                              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You lost the pleasure of me answering you directly. Dare all you want. You are nothing to me.
                                Pleasure

You are simply just another ignorant fool whose lack of intelligence is being manipulated by sources desiring to support a false narrative about this disease and the us response to it over time.

As they say: "there are none so ignorant as those who refuse to listen".
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment