Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

The wannabe dictator has now fired his fourth Inspector General. Steve Linick, who served under both Bush and Obama was fired late friday night with no explanation given. Apparently he had just opened an investigation into M. Pompeo and his use of State Dept aids to run errands for his family. Pompeo it is alleged requested Trump to fire Linick. This is the 4th IG to be fired by Trump, along with Linick, the State Dept. IG, Trump has also fired M Atkinson, the IG of the Intelligence community, Glen Fine, IG of the defense Dept. and Christi Grimm, Deputy IG of the Dept of Health.

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/05...l-fired-261536

Banana republic here we come! Do you think you Trumpsters will ever wake up!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He should have did a clean sweep and fired a whole lot more unelected holdovers of past admins, but he couldn't at the time because of all the fake investigations. Had he done it then, the left would cried "OBSTRUCTION!" Now that all that nonsense is over, the hammer is dropping.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

3. Amen NorrinRadd, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What Jimmy doesn't seem to understand is that inspector generals serve at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time for any reason.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

5. Amen NorrinRadd, DesertBerean, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    What Jimmy doesn't seem to understand is that inspector generals serve at the pleasure of the president and can be fired at any time for any reason.
    Things MM doesn't understand

1) It's Inspectors General
    2) You can fire for any reason but not a corrupt reason
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-16-2020 at 07:35 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What MM doesn't understand is that the president is supposed to give Congress a 30 day notice to look into the matter. No, the President has to have a ligitimate reason for firing an IG, a reason pertaining to his actual job as IG.Trump is installing loyalist, toadies, answerable only to him, not to the Constitution, and not to the people for whom they were put there to serve. He has the top of the DOJ, the Atty. General in the palm of his hand, and he is ridding the system, his administration, of any oversight. Wake up people!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    You can fire for any reason but not a corrupt reason
    Great. Now all the Democrats have to do is prove he was fired for a corrupt reason.

Good luck to them.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

9. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Great. Now all the Democrats have to do is prove he was fired for a corrupt reason.

Good luck to them.
    For that I'd refer you to the OP.

Apparently he had just opened an investigation into M. Pompeo and his use of State Dept aids to run errands for his family. Pompeo it is alleged requested Trump to fire Linick.

If Linick indeed had just opened an investigation into Pompeo then we're well on our way.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Good luck to them.
    Would it matter to you if there were no oversight in government other than Trump, MM? Because he is well on his way there. Would it matter, or are you just all in with it.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Banana republic here we come! Do you think you Trumpsters will ever wake up!
    Yes, but it shows the US administrative system is flawed, not merely Trump.

The fact that a President can fire anyone who dares investigate the wrongdoing of his cronies, shows the chain of command isn't sensibly organised to begin with.

In my country, the leader can't issue such commands to fire people she doesn't like investigating the wrongdoings of her administration. Such people simply are independently employed in different command structures and are not her appointees.

America's foolish choice was to organize their system in such a way that a corrupt president can fire those investigating his corruption and that of his cronies. The fact that Trump, as a person, happens to be corrupt enough and bold enough, to exercise this power for ill, is bad, but it's a dumb system that gives him such power in the first place.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    Yes, but it shows the US administrative system is flawed, not merely Trump.

The fact that a President can fire anyone who dares investigate the wrongdoing of his cronies, shows the chain of command isn't sensibly organised to begin with.

In my country, the leader can't issue such commands to fire people she doesn't like investigating the wrongdoings of her administration. Such people simply are independently employed in different command structures and are not her appointees.

America's foolish choice was to organize their system in such a way that a corrupt president can fire those investigating his corruption and that of his cronies. The fact that Trump, as a person, happens to be corrupt enough and bold enough, to exercise this power for ill, is bad, but it's a dumb system that gives him such power in the first place.
    No argument from me there, star. There is no doubt about that. And it should have come to mind when creating the IG's positions, because the positions were created in response to the actions of another wannabe dictator, Richard Nixon.