Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    5% of the worlds population, 30% of the worlds deaths. Not good Lilpix. Maybe we should do what Trump suggests, "if we do less testing, we'll have less cases."
    And you trust China's reporting of their own numbers...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    And you trust China's reporting of their own numbers...
    Multiply their numbers by 10 or 20. Does that meaningfully change Jim's statement?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Multiply their numbers by 10 or 20. Does that meaningfully change Jim's statement?
    Yep. If they would report accurate infection and deaths, the second percentage would decrease.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yep. If they would report accurate infection and deaths, the second percentage would decrease.
    Based on the officially reported numbers the USA has 26% of COVID45 deaths.
    If we increase China's deaths by 19x (to make a total of 20x) that percentage drops to 21%.

The USA still has ~4.5% of the world's population.

Are you going to suggest this meaningfully changes Jim's point?

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    That’s nice, still doesn’t refute the major networks said in Jan and Feb that this wasn’t a big deal. Are you saying they are all worthless?

Ok, we need to stop here. Pix, and others using this same line, this is nothing more than quote mining. Taking words out of their surrounding context and then using them to say something that is contrary to it's original meaning in that surrounding context.

The surrounding context of those words is a world where covid 19 was not yet known to have exhibited community spread inside the US, and where it was believed symptoms were always part of being infected.

A second element of context is that these words were not describing this disease's potential for harm. They were describing its immediate threat at that moment. Those words, for anyone with half a brain, were not meant to cause the nation to drop its guard, or not to prepare for a time when it might enter a phase of community spread. Those words only meant that as far as anyone knew at that time no special measure to guard against catching the disease in the USA were necessary. At that moment people did not need to panic.

In that context pix those words are exactly what could and should have been said, in that moment, at that time.

At the same time those words were being said about what immediate response was required, other words and sources were also raising the alarm relative to its potential for harm if it were to spread. And those alarms were not heeded. The response to those alarms can only be classed as negligent.

Pix you are too intelligent not to know the difference. So you need to choose. Are you going to be like Jonathan Sarfati of YEC fame and quote mine to defend your position when you know you are being deceptive, or are you going to stand with the truth and allow the truth to define your position?
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020 at 07:39 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Ok, we need to stop here. Pix, and others using this same line, this is nothing more than quote mining. Taking words out of their surrounding context and then using them to say something that is contrary to it's original meaning in that surrounding context.

The surrounding context of those words is a world where covid 19 was not yet known to have exhibited community spread inside the US, and where it was believed symptoms were always part of being infected.

A second element of context is that these words were not describing this disease's potential for harm. They were describing its immediate threat at that moment. Those words, for anyone with half a brain, were not meant to cause the nation to drop its guard, or not to prepare for a time when it might enter a phase of community spread. Those words only meant that as far as anyone knew at that time no special measure to guard against catching the disease in the USA were necessary. At that moment people did not need to panic.

In that context pix those words are exactly what could and should have been said, in that moment, at that time.

At the same time those words were being said about what immediate response was required, other words and sources were also raising the alarm relative to its potential for harm if it were to spread. And those alarms were not heeded. The response to those alarms can only be classed as negligent.

Pix you are too intelligent not to know the difference. So you need to choose. Are you going to be like Jonathan Sarfati of YEC fame and quote mine to defend your position when you know you are being deceptive, or are you going to stand with the truth and allow the truth to define your position?
    That was DWTS level tango there, Jim...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That was DWTS level tango there, Jim...
    Your inability to rationally or honestly deal with the facts as they were is noted. The question then is: are you committed to the distortion of reality like Sarfati, or are you just not intelligent enough to understand what was said? At the time wrt the two different contexts,

Either way, I dare you to try to mount a logical rebuttal of what was just said. I'm waiting, but the reality is there isnt one.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Based on the officially reported numbers the USA has 26% of COVID45 deaths.
    If we increase China's deaths by 19x (to make a total of 20x) that percentage drops to 21%.

The USA still has ~4.5% of the world's population.

Are you going to suggest this meaningfully changes Jim's point?
    Again, this means we have to trust China's reporting. And our own. It is widely publicized that money is being offered for COVID diagnoses. And that there are several states that do not distinguish between COVID caused death and dying WITH COVID.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Your inability to rationally or honestly deal with the facts as they were is noted. The question then is: are you committed to the distortion of reality like Sarfati, or are you just not intelligent enough to understand what was said?

Either way, I dare you to try to mount a logical rebuttal of what was just said. I'm waiting, but the reality is there isnt one.
    You lost the pleasure of me answering you directly. Dare all you want. You are nothing to me.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You lost the pleasure of me answering you directly. Dare all you want. You are nothing to me.
    Pleasure

You are simply just another ignorant fool whose lack of intelligence is being manipulated by sources desiring to support a false narrative about this disease and the us response to it over time.

As they say: "there are none so ignorant as those who refuse to listen".
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-25-2020 at 07:56 AM.