Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Cherry pick much?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    If so, then it is up to the President to make that clear to Congress. Trump is attempting to rid the government of any independent oversight into his Administration. Do you approve of that idea?
    So congress and the courts donít exist? The IG works for the executive branch Jimmy.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    So congress and the courts donít exist? The IG works for the executive branch Jimmy.
    This is the part they always seem to forget. The fact that the president has the authority to fire them should be a clue.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The IG works for the people, Lilpix, not for the president. That kind of ignorance is how you end up with a dictator.

5. Amen oxmixmudd amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The IG works for the people, Lilpix, not for the president. That kind of ignorance is how you end up with a dictator.
    I see that youíre trying to avoid admitting youíre wrong again, but the primary function of the IG is to give government workers an group, independent from their local chain, a place to report grievances, fraud, etc. The IG is not an independent agency nor an agency of Congress. Even at that, there is not one IG, but over a thousand. Just another hit piece designed to make something look much worse than it actually is.
    Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-17-2020 at 09:09 AM.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

7. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    According to a "Democratic congressional aide".
    You don't have to take his word for hit. Surely there is a paper trail and, if true, the IG will testify to congress to that fact.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I see that youíre trying to avoid admitting youíre wrong again, but the primary function of the IG is to give government workers an group, independent from their local chain, a place to report grievances, fraud, etc. The IG is not an independent agency nor an agency of Congress. Even at that, there is not one IG, but over a thousand. Just another hit piece designed to make something look much worse than it actually is.
    Wrong, as usual. The function of the IG's is not just someone to report grievances, fraud etc to. Its function is to audit and investigate, which is what this State Dept IG was allegedly doing with respect to Pompeo when he was fired.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Wrong, as usual. The function of the IG's is not just someone to report grievances, fraud etc to. Its function is to audit and investigate, which is what this State Dept IG was allegedly doing with respect to Pompeo when he was fired.
    Thatís for proving my point, but do you have any evidence to support your assertions?
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thatís for proving my point, but do you have any evidence to support your assertions?
    LMGTFY

https://www.google.com/search?client...pector+general

A U.S. federal inspector general (IG) is the head of an independent, non-partisan organization established within each executive branch agency assigned to audit the agency's operation in order to discover and investigate cases of misconduct, waste, fraud and other abuse of government procedures occurring within the...

Another lazy RWNJ?! Blow me down.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    LMGTFY

https://www.google.com/search?client...pector+general

A U.S. federal inspector general (IG) is the head of an independent, non-partisan organization established within each executive branch agency assigned to audit the agency's operation in order to discover and investigate cases of misconduct, waste, fraud and other abuse of government procedures occurring within the...

Another lazy RWNJ?! Blow me down.
    It is as if the trump supporters here have not one ounce of respect for the concept of integrity in government office and could care less about abuse of power as long as the one abusing it is Trump. Now they can write essays on freedom of the press. Integrity, accountability, as long asvit is Obama, or Hillary, or really almost any democratic and even some republican leaders.

But point out abuse of power at Trumps hand and everything they claim to believe in or be against wrt Obama or others is 'no big deal'. They actually seem to revel in Trump's abuse of power. In my opinion, this is all about sticking it to the democrats, no matter what the long term cost
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-17-2020 at 12:24 PM.
    He will reply, ĎTruly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"