Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump fires 4th Inspector General.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    IG's overseeing the State Dept., the Dept. of Defense. the Intelligence Dept., the Health Dept. (in the middle of a pandemic)- figure it out!
    So evidence of this ‘corrupt firing’ is...
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Do you have any evidence of this ‘corruption’? I see lots of conjecture, no hard evidence.
      In this particular case I'm fine with withholding judgement until we get the paper trail and the IG testifying to Congress. It should be easy at that point to establish that an inquiry into Pompeo's misuse of government employees for his personal errands had just been opened. That should provide all the evidence *either* of us needs ;).

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        In this particular case I'm fine with withholding judgement until we get the paper trail and the IG testifying to Congress. It should be easy at that point to establish that an inquiry into Pompeo's misuse of government employees for his personal errands had just been opened. That should provide all the evidence *either* of us needs ;).
        And until that happens, maybe we should wait and see before we declare corruption is taking place?
        "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
        GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

And until that happens, maybe we should wait and see before we declare corruption is taking place?
          In this case 'maybe'

In all the earlier cases (which also inform this case) 'no'

Comment

Turley finds the firing troubling in general, and probably illegal on at least technical grounds. Republican Senator Grassley characterized a WH explanation as "insufficient."
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

IG's overseeing the State Dept., the Dept. of Defense. the Intelligence Dept., the Health Dept. (in the middle of a pandemic)- figure it out!
              People here who skate around this issue, who wont answer these obvious and age old questions surrounding corruption and the corrupting influence of power and the need to constrain it are themselves corrupt. This is why these arguments can go nowhere. Pix, mm, and others, they simply are corrupt themselves in terms of what they are willing to admit and what they support WRT Donakd Trump, and so they will do what corrupt people do. They will do everything they can to hide the truth and to avoid admitting Trump's corruption of this nations government through his abuse of power. Once you realize they themselves have been corrupted by this corrupt President, all the feigned ignorance and sidestepping banter falls into its rightful perspective as nothing more that the deceptive responses of a corrupt people trying to hide their own corruption.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

So evidence of this ‘corrupt firing’ is...
                Each of these IG's were, in the eyes of the president, disloyal to him in their investigatory activities and so they were fired. It is not only their firing that the president is interested in but it is the message he is sending to anyone else who should dare speak truth to his power. Same with Dr. Bright who spoke against the presidents HYdroxycloroquine use. Comey who investigated Russia connections, Sessions, who refused to fire Mueller. McCabe, and on and on and on. It's systematic retaliation for disloyalty to the wannabe dictator. Open your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  People here who skate around this issue, who wont answer these obvious and age old questions surrounding corruption and the corrupting influence of power and the need to constrain it are themselves corrupt. This is why these arguments can go nowhere. Pix, mm, and others, they simply are corrupt themselves in terms of what they are willing to admit and what they support WRT Donakd Trump, and so they will do what corrupt people do. They will do everything they can to hide the truth and to avoid admitting Trump's corruption of this nations government through his abuse of power. Once you realize they themselves have been corrupted by this corrupt President, all the feigned ignorance and sidestepping banter falls into its rightful perspective as nothing more that the deceptive responses of a corrupt people trying to hide their own corruption.
                  I'd like to think "they know not what they do" but i'm not so sure of that.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    Turley finds the firing troubling in general, and probably illegal on at least technical grounds. Republican Senator Grassley characterized a WH explanation as "insufficient."
                    But watch what they do about it, not what they say.

Comment

I'd like to think "they know not what they do" but i'm not so sure of that.
                      I'm not sure they understand how much they have been corrupted either. I'm just pointing out that they are, and that because they are, they can never give a straight answer to whether or not it is wrong for trump to remove those charged with keeping him from abusing his power

The calls to prove Trump has done something wrong are the evidence of their corruption. We dont oversee people in power because they have done something wrong. We oversee people in power because power corrupts all men, and without oversight, all men will eventually abuse the power they have.Even more so men like Trump.

Their denial of this basic fact is how we can know they are corrupt.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-18-2020, 08:47 AM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Liberals are all about "Sentence first! Verdict afterwards!"
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Each of these IG's were, in the eyes of the president, disloyal to him in their investigatory activities and so they were fired. It is not only their firing that the president is interested in but it is the message he is sending to anyone else who should dare speak truth to his power. Same with Dr. Bright who spoke against the presidents HYdroxycloroquine use. Comey who investigated Russia connections, Sessions, who refused to fire Mueller. McCabe, and on and on and on. It's systematic retaliation for disloyalty to the wannabe dictator. Open your eyes.
                          When lilpixie says, "So evidence of this ‘corrupt firing’ is...?" she wasn't asking for you to pontificate in the absence of facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            Liberals are all about "Sentence first! Verdict afterwards!"
                            Based on Trumps pattern of firing those who have spoken truth to his power, and no other legitimate explanation forthcoming for the firing, there is good reason to believe that there is no other legitimate reason. Thus, the Congressional investigation.

Comment

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware the exact details of the investigation had been revealed.
                              I was being sarcastic. I assume you were too.

I just can't imagine any major issue along these lines.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                                spoken truth to his power

You're a bot. Someone programmed that phrase into you, and you just spew it at random times even when it doesn't make a lick of sense.

Comment