Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Flooding the Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
    Again, more of this nonsense. *You* don't even read your own sources but we're expected to do so and make your case for you.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      As much as you want to buy the liberal spin on this one, the unmasking requests and the manner in which they were used was not "business as usual".

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...-briefing-pdb/
      Much ado about nothing. An administration with concerns about the links between the incoming administration and the Russians sought to put as much information on the table as possible out of fear that it would be buried by the incoming administration. This is a nothingburger designed to flood the zone.

Last word to you. I have no desire to perpetuate a non-story narrative.
      The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Again, more of this nonsense. *You* don't even read your own sources but we're expected to do so and make your case for you.
        It is MM's classic response when he cannot support his own argument. He does it with pretty much every argument. Frankly, I don't know why the admin don't call him on argument by web link, but he seems to get a perpetual pass on that front.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
          It is MM's classic response when he cannot support his own argument. He does it with pretty much every argument. Frankly, I don't know why the admin don't call him on argument by web link, but he seems to get a perpetual pass on that front.
          Because it's not argument by weblink. I make a statement -- in this case "As much as you want to buy the liberal spin on this one, the unmasking requests and the manner in which they were used was not 'business as usual'" -- and then I provide a link with more information to support my claims. "Argument by weblink" would be if I just dropped a link into a post without any elaboration.

Frankly, there is a lot to Obamagate that you guys appear curiously ignorant of. I sometimes forget that not everybody keeps up with the news like I do, and so there are times I'm genuinely surprised to discover that people are unaware of facts that I had come to regard as common knowledge. If you want to know just how deep the Obamagate rabbit hole really goes, then this article is a good place to start:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...esident-obama/

I hope it's needless to say, but Obamagate is not "fake news". Obama makes Nixon look like a choir boy.

Comment

First problem I see with the article is that the "Obamagate" scandal isn't fake.
            Even Trump dose not know what 'Obamagate' is. It is a name without a subject designed to appeal to excitable right-wing nutters.
            “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
            “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
            “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
              Even Trump dose not know what 'Obamagate' is.
              Fake news. He knows what it is and says that it should be obvious to everybody else.

Comment

Fake news. He knows what it is and says that it should be obvious to everybody else.
                Yes, that is what he says. Funny that Mitch McConnell of all people has no interest in following up on this "crime of the century." Why might that be?

Let me guess. McConnell is just a RINO never trumper!

Comment

Because it's not argument by weblink. I make a statement -- in this case "As much as you want to buy the liberal spin on this one, the unmasking requests and the manner in which they were used was not 'business as usual'" -- and then I provide a link with more information to support my claims. "Argument by weblink" would be if I just dropped a link into a post without any elaboration.

Frankly, there is a lot to Obamagate that you guys appear curiously ignorant of. I sometimes forget that not everybody keeps up with the news like I do, and so there are times I'm genuinely surprised to discover that people are unaware of facts that I had come to regard as common knowledge. If you want to know just how deep the Obamagate rabbit hole really goes, then this article is a good place to start:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...esident-obama/

I hope it's needless to say, but Obamagate is not "fake news". Obama makes Nixon look like a choir boy.
                  Right. We just need to do all of the work of determining what is not "business as usual," and when we tell you the article does not seem to contain anything to support your claim - your typical response is "you didn't read it well enough" or

Your tactics are as transparent as your obvious biases, MM. But I'm sure you'll get those under control with a little "honest self-reflection"

Last word to you.

ETA: Oh...yeah...about Obamagate? Definitely fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
                    This is a term I was never familiar with. It is explained in this piece from Vox. I don't frequently read Vox, simply because I find them skewed as much to the left as Fox is skewed to the right, and it takes too much time/effort to "read past the spin."
                    More than spin. That "piece" (of something) is little else than an emotional meltdown.

However, this article popped up on my feed this morning, and I decided to read it. It's an opinion piece, but the core of the article rings true - dismayingly true.
                    That the author declares things to be Edited by a Moderator because he says so?

I think the concept of "flooding the zone" is something we all need to be aware of. We are the only ones who can combat it.
                    The concept may be true. It's how I feel about the abundant, overwhelming, never-ending onslaught of Arbery stories (a local story) being paraded in national news.

It is an incredibly cynical and dishonest strategy, and it creates a conundrum for the media. Respond to the "flood" and you magnify it. Ignore the "flood" and focus on real stories and you get accused of playing partisan politics by not reporting on particular stories that Trump and the right-wing media is flooding.

But given the number of Republicans I have heard espouse the "win at any cost - you cannot make policy if you do not win" philosophy, I am not surprised at this strategy. Hopefully, people will see past this approach as well. Unfortunately, I am increasingly coming to think I may well be moving in the next year.
                    I have seen little-to-nothing on Obamagate, so I don't know what the complaint is about. The major news networks aren't spending much time with it.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Profanity, even partially censored, is not allowed. If you're quoting someone, either censor it completely or don't quote it.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 05-17-2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                      Yes, that is what he says. Funny that Mitch McConnell of all people has no interest in following up on this "crime of the century." Why might that be?

Let me guess. McConnell is just a RINO never trumper!
                      I don't know about "RINO never trumper", but McConnell has never been one to rock the Washington boat.

Comment

I don't know about "RINO never trumper", but McConnell has never been one to rock the Washington boat.
                        Why even reply if you're just going to response with total nonsense? Do any of your RWNJ brethren believe that McConnell isn't one to "rock the Washington boat"? Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          Why even reply if you're just going to response with total nonsense? Do any of your RWNJ brethren believe that McConnell isn't one to "rock the Washington boat"? Come on.
                          He's been terrific with getting judges approved, but swampy overall.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                            He's been terrific with getting judges approved, but swampy overall.
                            Obviously I agree he's a swamp creature. He also has violated every political norm he could get his hands on.

Comment

Understanding your error: Talking Feds 73, from about 19 minutes.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...s/id1456045551
                              “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                              “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                              “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment