Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barr poo poos "Obamagate"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barr poo poos "Obamagate"

Video clip https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1262414363719274496

AG Barr: "As to President Obama and Vice President Obama, whatever their level of involvement, based on the information I have today, I don't expect Mr. Durham's work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man."

Will a single RWNJ acknowledge the egg on their face? Let's find out.

1) Barr has always placed a high priority on protecting government institutions even if it means turning a blind-eye to justice, so this declaration shouldn't surprise anybody who bothers to keep himself informed.

2) I never expected our two-tier justice system would hold either Obama or Biden accountable. In fact, I expect most if not all of the perpetrators of crimes against the Trump administration to get off scot free. It's going to be the "no reasonable prosecutor" canard all over again.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      1) Barr has always placed a high priority on protecting government institutions even if it means turning a blind-eye to justice, so this declaration shouldn't surprise anybody who bothers to keep himself informed.

2) I never expected our two-tier justice system would hold either Obama or Biden accountable. In fact, I expect most if not all of the perpetrators of crimes against the Trump administration to get off scot free. It's going to be the "no reasonable prosecutor" canard all over again.
      Well we really don't go after ex presidents, nor should we. Exposing it will suffice...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Well we really don't go after ex presidents, nor should we. Exposing it will suffice...
        Oh... I just thought of something: Trump should pardon Obama and Biden.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Oh... I just thought of something: Trump should pardon Obama and Biden.
          Now that would be rich!
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

But he didn't necessarily say prosecute, he said "criminal investigation." It will be interesting to see how the senate deals with it, whether they initiate an investigation and if they subpoena Obama and/or Biden.

Comment

Being that he's a snake, it could be that this was him washing his hands of it, and will leave it up to the senate to do the dirty work.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                But he didn't necessarily say prosecute, he said "criminal investigation." It will be interesting to see how the senate deals with it, whether they initiate an investigation and if they subpoena Obama and/or Biden.
                I believe there will be criminal charges for underlings which will paint the Obama/Biden administration in a bad light. At least put a lie, once and for all, to the Russia thing.

Comment

This is an interesting point. Normally we probably should hold to the practice of excluding ex-Presidents from prosecution. Part of the reason for this is that Presidents have to make tough decisions -- which should not be too carefully examined for criminal acts. Another reason would be that later actions may be undertaken when a new congress is assembled -- which then may just be political retaliation.

I do think that ex-Presidents who have acted seditiously may be candidates for prosecution. But it still might have to be through Congress? And Congress would have to be willing to do this. Otherwise, it would be odd for the FBI or DOJ to act upon a former President -- sort of like the workers accusing their boss.

So things get messy really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    This is an interesting point. Normally we probably should hold to the practice of excluding ex-Presidents from prosecution. Part of the reason for this is that Presidents have to make tough decisions -- which should not be too carefully examined for criminal acts. Another reason would be that later actions may be undertaken when a new congress is assembled -- which then may just be political retaliation.

I do think that ex-Presidents who have acted seditiously may be candidates for prosecution. But it still might have to be through Congress? And Congress would have to be willing to do this. Otherwise, it would be odd for the FBI or DOJ to act upon a former President -- sort of like the workers accusing their boss.

So things get messy really quickly.
                    Let's face it there are leftists who would prosecute Bush2 for war crimes. We don't need to go down that road.

Comment

At least it's better than QAnon.

Comment

It would be funny (if it weren't "SAD!") watching you guys justify Barr ignoring the so-called crime of the century, a crime which I would wholeheartedly want to see investigated if it were true. Trump things this is a big deal but his AG doesn't -- isn't that grounds for losing faith in someone he has full authority to fire and replace?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          It would be funny (if it weren't "SAD!") watching you guys justify Barr ignoring the so-called crime of the century, a crime which I would wholeheartedly want to see investigated if it were true. Trump things this is a big deal but his AG doesn't -- isn't that grounds for losing faith in someone he has full authority to fire and replace?
                          I know this is your thread, but could you just go away?

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Barr is the one stoking the flames in the first place.

Comment

I know this is your thread, but could you just go away?
                              Sorry, this thread isn't an RWNJ safe space.

Comment