Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Sorry mike - I know some of those things are somewhat close to facts, but the entire thrust of your post is right in there with the conspiracy nutters. A good conspiracy always has some facts thrown in there to make it look real. There is always just enough plausibility to it to keep folks prone to being sucked into them 'believing'.
    I know. Gates has a conspiracy to make us think there is a conspiracy. and you are smart enough to know that Gates intended to trick the researchers into thinking there is a dastardly conspiracy instead of just being his and WHO's silly content on their websites. From what I can tell, you have not checked anything, so you cannot tell what is worth paying attention to. The blind leading the blind.

I have to repeat myself here. It seems that God does not require you or many other people to be awakened to what is happening. This likely means that we are supposed to suffer the crimes done to us right now. Maybe you will understand all this later... maybe we will all see the end of deception that results after Rev 20:7-10.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-19-2020, 10:34 PM.

Comment

The consparacy theory nuttery is very widespread, it is certainly rampant in the evangelical community, though I'm not familiar enough with other communities to know if its just them or is it Trump supporters in general, or does it exist in equal parts across the us, left or right.

Regardless, its nuts, and it's getting worse.
      You slap JimL on the back in your vilification and hatred of evangelicals -- once again -- about their supposed "conspiracies" while the very guy (unbeliever who Jesus himself said was his enemy) you slapped on the back goes around espousing his debunked conspiracy nuttery about Trump colluding with Putin to win the election. You expose yourself here everyday, Ox. And I know I'm not the only who sees the obvious. You're pathetic, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        You slap JimL on the back in your vilification and hatred of evangelicals -- once again -- about their supposed "conspiracies" while the very guy (unbeliever who Jesus himself said was his enemy) you slapped on the back goes around espousing his debunked conspiracy nuttery about Trump colluding with Putin to win the election. You expose yourself here everyday, Ox. And I know I'm not the only who sees the obvious. You're pathetic, bro.
        I don't have hatred and I do not intend to 'villify' evangelicals. I acknowledge evangelicals are the only community I have enough knowledge of to evaluate the infiltration of conspiracy theory nuttery, but I do know it exists there. I also know that a lot of the nuttery I am aware of comes from right wing websites (not just evangelical Christian websites) so I know this is at least a Trump support phenomenon (most evangelicals are also Trump supporters). What I don't know (because I'm not a left winger and I don't frequent left wing websites or social media) is how many complementary nutcase conspiracies exist in that environment.

But I do know evangelicals are immersed in it - and that is my primary concern, because I am one. It pains me to see the people I love and respect and am friends with being dragged hook line and sinker into this insanity.

"If you love someone you don't let them drive drunk"
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Joe Biden: "Taking Hydroxychloroquine is like injecting Clorox into your blood"

https://twitter.com/TruthHammer888/s...19779763044352
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            Joe Biden: "Taking Hydroxychloroquine is like injecting Clorox into your blood"

https://twitter.com/TruthHammer888/s...19779763044352
            Did you listen to the video? The actual quote is

"That's like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you."

Totally different from "TruthHammer"'s version :).

Lies, lies, lies.

Comment

I don't have hatred and I do not intend to 'villify' evangelicals. I acknowledge evangelicals are the only community I have enough knowledge of to evaluate the infiltration of conspiracy theory nuttery, but I do know it exists there. I also know that a lot of the nuttery I am aware of comes from right wing websites (not just evangelical Christian websites) so I know this is at least a Trump support phenomenon (most evangelicals are also Trump supporters). What I don't know (because I'm not a left winger and I don't frequent left wing websites or social media) is how many complementary nutcase conspiracies exist in that environment.

But I do know evangelicals are immersed in it - and that is my primary concern, because I am one. It pains me to see the people I love and respect and am friends with being dragged hook line and sinker into this insanity.

If you actually loved that person, you also wouldn't snicker and talk about how bad his condition is to his enemies. That's not what a friend would do. That's definitely what a phony pretending to be a friend would do.

Comment

If you love someone, you don't let the government take away their life or livelihood.

Again. The problem here is that you call anything conspiracy simply as hand-waving it away because the lying mainstream media has not endorsed the debate. Indeed there are ideas presented in the so-called conspiracy world that are weird and readily discounted. However, you lump all information contrary to the mainstream propaganda into the category of conspiracy nuttery. There are people who investigate things and have expertise who are not gaining the ear of the mainstream media. If you ever heard of the Drudge Report, this gained prominence by exposing the Monica Lewinsky situation.

The big issue I see here is the illogical acceptance of whatever dictatorship directives come down to us. The cure is more deadly than the disease, but people are programmed to accept what they are hearing. However, the heroes stand up against this nonsense. The people who don't automatically accept what they hear in the media. This is reminiscent of God's prophets who did not just accept what the general population did ... and actually opposed their disregard of God. (I'm not fully satisfied with the comparison of heroes with prophets, but there is a degree of similarity here.)

There is no future if we have destroyed it in two or three months (maybe five months in Los Angeles). This is untenable, unsustainable, illogical.
                Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-20-2020, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                  Did you listen to the video? The actual quote is

"That's like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you."

Totally different from "TruthHammer"'s version :).

Lies, lies, lies.
                  You're right, Biden did not at all suggest that taking hydroxychloroquine is like injecting Clorox into your blood. Rather, he said that taking hydroxychloroquine is "like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you." That's totally different.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 05-20-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

You're right, Biden did not at all suggest that taking hydroxychloroquine is like injecting Clorox into your blood. Rather, he said that taking hydroxychloroquine is "like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you." That's totally different.

It's totally different because his point was that just because H might help with Coronavirus it doesn't mean that you should discount the side effects. He's not saying H is poison like "TruthHammer"'s doctored quote.

And if the quotes mean the same thing why did he feel the need to lie? Doesn't it bother you that he tricked you into repeating an untruth?

Comment

It's totally different because his point was that just because H might help with Coronavirus it doesn't mean that you should discount the side effects. He's not saying H is poison like "TruthHammer"'s doctored quote.

And if the quotes mean the same thing why did he feel the need to lie? Doesn't it bother you that he tricked you into repeating an untruth?
                      He likened taking a well-known prescription medication that has been used for decades with injecting Clorox into your blood. That's a ridiculous analogy no matter how you try to spin it.

Come on, man!

Comment

He likened taking a well-known prescription medication that has been used for decades with injecting Clorox into your blood. That's a ridiculous analogy no matter how you try to spin it.

Come on, man!
                        Aren't you bothered that TruthHammer presented a fake quote as if it were real?

Comment

Aren't you bothered that TruthHammer presented a fake quote as if it were real?
                          While the quote isn't word-for-word, it is an accurate representation of something Biden actually said.

Comment

While the quote isn't word-for-word, it is an accurate representation of something Biden actually said.
                            Quotation makes have a specific meaning in this context.

And no, it is not an accurate representation. One makes it sound like Biden is calling H poison and the other points out that we can't discount side effects when taking a drug.

Comment

One makes it sound like Biden is calling H poison and the other points out that we can't discount side effects when taking a drug.
                              Nobody would think less of you if you just admitted that Biden said something really stupid.

Comment

Nobody would think less of you if you just admitted that Biden said something really stupid.
                                Of course. I have no issue with calling out any politician who makes a mistake. Just in this case it's more RWNJ lies. You're the one defending a fake quote. Have you watched the video so you can hear it for yourself?

Comment