Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The consparacy theory nuttery is very widespread, it is certainly rampant in the evangelical community, though I'm not familiar enough with other communities to know if its just them or is it Trump supporters in general, or does it exist in equal parts across the us, left or right.

Regardless, its nuts, and it's getting worse.
    Obviously, in your zeal to attack your fellow Christians again, you seem to forget that the ‘Trump put into the WH, by Russia’ was a complete and total lie. Sorry, but most groups are perfectly capable of accepting conspiracy theories that fit what they want to believe.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The guy is a proven pathological liar, CP. Why would you or anyone else believe anything he says?.
      We take your posts seriously (sometimes). Yet most of the time you post unsupported drivel.

Why would Trump lie about something that seems very easy to prove / disprove ?
      ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        How would he even get it if his doctor didn't prescribe it?

Apparently his physician did prescribe it. Where did you get the idea he didn't?

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44823[/ATTACH]
        That's not a prescription, thats more of a public relations statement which says they talked it over, and like the president said, his doctor didn't recommend it, he simply relented and said sure, if that's what you want, go ahead and try it. The Doctor's not taking responsibility, He simply saying, by all means sire, if that's what you want, go for it. Though I doubt he's actually is taking it. It's just in response to Dr Brights ousting from BARDA do to his speaking out against the use of the drug.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          We take your posts seriously (sometimes). Yet most of the time you post unsupported drivel.

Why would Trump lie about something that seems very easy to prove / disprove ?
          To justify his ousting of Dr Bright from his position at BARDA for speaking out against the use of the drug.

Comment

The consparacy theory nuttery is very widespread, it is certainly rampant in the evangelical community, though I'm not familiar enough with other communities to know if its just them or is it Trump supporters in general, or does it exist in equal parts across the us, left or right.

There you go. You are talking against the need for discussion of facts again. How do I know that your point here lacks merit? Because the evidence is there for anyone to examine about Fauci, Birx and Bright. You easily dismiss this without any investigation. You deny Fauci's contradictions of his own statements. You deny all evidence of websites which show his alliance with Gates. You deny all evidence that Gates' philanthropy has killed and sterilized 10s of thousands. You deny the confirmation of this from the Italian politician. (Odd. Anyone who contradicts Fauci is said to be a conspiracy nut.) This is what fools do when they deny that God exists.
            Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-19-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

That's not a prescription, thats more of a public relations statement which says they talked it over, and like the president said, his doctor didn't recommend it, he simply relented and said sure, if that's what you want, go ahead and try it. The Doctor's not taking responsibility, He simply saying, by all means sire, if that's what you want, go for it. Though I doubt he's actually is taking it. It's just in response to Dr Brights ousting from BARDA do to his speaking out against the use of the drug.
              So they talked it over, and the doctor said he could take the drug, but let the president get it on the black market instead of just prescribing it to him?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So they talked it over, and the doctor said he could take the drug, but let the president get it on the black market instead of just prescribing it to him?
                Who said he got it anywhere, other than the liar and chief himself?

Comment

I think the doctor wrote him a prescription for a placebo. Or perhaps he's just lying as per usual, impossible to know with the mouth-breather.

Comment

Who said he got it anywhere, other than the liar and chief himself?
                    He just magically poofed the pills into existence? Jim, stop smoking the wacky weed. The simplest explanation is that he and his doctor discussed it and his doctor prescribed it for him. That is what all of the news stories are reporting. You must have misheard Trump. Or do you have a source where Trump says his doctor didn't give him a prescription?

Comment

I think Trump played this wrong. He should have denounced the drug and said it was harmful, because that would have compelled the media to suddenly start promoting it as a miracle cure and that Trump was a moron for saying otherwise.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        Off-label prescribing is legal and common.

"Off-label prescribing is when a physician gives you a drug that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved to treat a condition different than your condition. This practice is legal and common. In fact, one in five prescriptions written today are for off-label use."
                        I have a prescription for a drug that's usually used for a totally other purpose, but it has been found to work well with restless leg syndrome, from which I suffer. It's definitely "off-label".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                          1) No, I don't believe him. I think he's stupid enough to take it, but his statement - like most others - seemed geared towards putting himself back on top of the media coverage.
                          2) I honestly want something bad to happen to him. HOWEVER, I think he shouldn't be taking it, because there are other people who need it for problems HQ is actually efficacious for. He shouldn't be creating COVID-19 demand for a drug used by lupus, arthritis and malaria patients.

ps. I'm pleasantly surprised to find my login here still works. I frequented TWeb a long time ago...
                          Whatever, man!
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I have a prescription for a drug that's usually used for a totally other purpose, but it has been found to work well with restless leg syndrome, from which I suffer. It's definitely "off-label".
                            It's been known for a decade or more that certain "acid-blockers" have immune-boosting and antiviral effects. I believe that's an "off-label" use, but if you read the fine print on the documents that come with the pills, you find that listed.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

How could anything get worse than what we actually see in the world right now?

The ironic thing is that the current political scenarios are worse than what conspiracy theories suggested.
                              1. People are mostly being confined to their homes
                              2. These people are living in fear for their lives if they go outside
                              3. There are places in California being threatened with having to be tested for coronavirus and having their children removed if the parents have a positive test
                              4. Most businesses have been forced to close.
                              5. Martial law: The governors are acting as dictators, and, even after many months, it sounds like most state legislatures are not able to make decisions on the laws
                              6. People are happy to obey ridiculous rules
                              7. People are being asked to snitch on their neighbors
                              8. The US government is spending trillions of dollars which will cause further collapse and will cause hyper-inflation
                              9. Police attack people who don't wear nonsensical face masks
                              10. Censorship has been applied across most large-scale public social sites. Only a few sources are said to be trustworthy: the mass media (sponsored by Pharmaceuticals) and the government
                              11. We are told to trust Gates, despite the deaths that have resulted from everything he sponsors.

No one I heard had expected such a sudden and total conformity to this global change. So reality is worse than the conspiracy investigators had discussed.

Comment

There are always things I find really odd about the views of my discussion "opponents" (for lack of a better term). Honestly, the idea that Bad Orange Man would be lying about something so simple as taking HCQ has to be one of the weirdest.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment