Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    I think this case is a good point to show that politicians should get their scientific facts from scientists and doctors. That way Trump could always blame them if they were wrong, but now that he's personally touted hydroxychloroquine as a treatment, he has to double down on it. Not smart.

But I don't understand why people are still talking about it.
    Then we get Fauci who is a mixture of politician and scientist.

Concerning hydroxycholoroquine, I keep hearing reports by doctors that the medicine has helped immensely with their patients. In the current political world, science has become politics, and politics has become science. So, I am trying to get beyond the hype to hopefully see what the reality is.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Concerning hydroxycholoroquine, I keep hearing reports by doctors that the medicine has helped immensely with their patients. In the current political world, science has become politics, and politics has become science. So, I am trying to get beyond the hype to hopefully see what the reality is.
      That's what happens when you listen to doctors brought to the public via FOX NEWS and the like. Individual doctors can say whatever they want, for whater their reasons may be, but the actual clinical studies, the science, proves them to be fabricating.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        That's what happens when you listen to doctors brought to the public via FOX NEWS and the like. Individual doctors can say whatever they want, for whater their reasons may be, but the actual clinical studies, the science, proves them to be fabricating.
        You and your conspiracy theories. Why should I listen to that? It sounds like you get fox news more than I do.

You are fantastically devoted to your lies. Why do you trust your ideas so much? What instills this confidence?
        Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-25-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I've seen plenty of studies of it now coming that showing alarming cases of its effects on heart rates, so I stand with the medical community in not recommending this for treatment.

Comment

Mike,

You won't find any significant voices "on the left" who want H to not be an effective treatment for COVID45. So if voices "on the left" indicate that it's ineffective there must be a reason, right?
            Last edited by DivineOb; 05-25-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Mike,

You won't find any significant voices "on the left" who want H to not be an effective treatment for COVID45. So if voices "on the left" indicate that it's ineffective there must be a reason, right?
              Are we talking about politicians, media or yourself?

Comment

Are we talking about politicians, media or yourself?
                Notable politicians or media. Who is convincing you that this data is being politicized "by the left"?

Comment

Anecdotal 'I keep hearing' is not reliable. How about some legitimate scientific sources.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/health/who-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-coronavirus-safety-review

WHO temporarily halts hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine trials for coronavirus treatment pending safety review

The World Health Organization said it will temporarily halt global trials of hydroxychloroquine – the malaria drug President Trump said he was recently taking to prevent the coronavirus infection – and chloroquine after a study showed that hospitalized coronavirus patients taking the drugs have a higher mortality rate.

The “temporary pause” will allow the agency's experts to review all available evidence to date concerning safety of the drugs when treating patients with COVID-19, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in remarks on Sunday.

"The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board," Tedros said.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Anecdotal 'I keep hearing' is not reliable. How about some legitimate scientific sources.

Source: https://www.foxnews.com/health/who-hydroxychloroquine-chloroquine-coronavirus-safety-review

WHO temporarily halts hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine trials for coronavirus treatment pending safety review

The World Health Organization said it will temporarily halt global trials of hydroxychloroquine – the malaria drug President Trump said he was recently taking to prevent the coronavirus infection – and chloroquine after a study showed that hospitalized coronavirus patients taking the drugs have a higher mortality rate.

The “temporary pause” will allow the agency's experts to review all available evidence to date concerning safety of the drugs when treating patients with COVID-19, WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in remarks on Sunday.

"The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board," Tedros said.

© Copyright Original Source

WHO is totally unreliable. It would help if you had some trustworthy recommendation. Tedros' background is a communist revolutionary from Ethiopia. Is this is our ideal leader for world health?

Comment

Notable politicians or media. Who is convincing you that this data is being politicized "by the left"?
                      The first two groups are known liars. Did you not see the thread about the media lies? If you don't recognize the politicization of this virus by the left, I understand your problem.

Comment

The first two groups are known liars. Did you not see the thread about the media lies? If you don't recognize the politicization of this virus by the left, I understand your problem.
                        I'm asking specifically about the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine. What leads you to believe that "the left" is politicizing it and declaring it ineffective for reasons other than the data? Do you really believe that politicians "on the left" would speak out against it knowing that the data will eventually prove them wrong?

Comment

I'm asking specifically about the efficacy of Hydroxychloroquine. What leads you to believe that "the left" is politicizing it and declaring it ineffective for reasons other than the data? Do you really believe that politicians "on the left" would speak out against it knowing that the data will eventually prove them wrong?
                          I certainly think the politicians and media are that dumb. We had the whole russian influence of the election scam propagated for years (and is still going on). The politicians and media are willing to take a gamble on this stuff if it achieves there current goals.

Right now most of the nation is shutdown on the gamble that people will accept that this shutdown is worthwhile to save lives. However, we know that the death count from these protections will cause more deaths than we have seen from COVID-19. Why don't we hear this in the media?

Comment

I certainly think the politicians and media are that dumb. We had the whole russian influence of the election scam propagated for years (and is still going on). The politicians and media are willing to take a gamble on this stuff if it achieves there current goals.
                            I don't want to retread the Russian influence stuff because that's just too far afield of this topic. I'll grant that if one believes all of that was just made up then one would probably feel comfortable rejecting any *inconvenient claims* which go against one's *preconceived conclusions*. All I can say is that, the fact that Russia played a heavily role in influencing the 2016 election and that fact is beyond dispute. Even Lindsey Graham agrees.

Right now most of the nation is shutdown on the gamble that people will accept that this shutdown is worthwhile to save lives. However, we know that the death count from these protections will cause more deaths than we have seen from COVID-19. Why don't we hear this in the media?
                            Here is a google link which reveals a number of news articles on this topic. It *is* being discussed. The problem is that we are in totally uncharted waters with COVID45 and it's hard to know where the right line to draw is. I would note that our response appears to mirror that taken in most countries under similar circumstances which leads me to believe it is at least a reasonable approach to try.

Comment

I don't want to retread the Russian influence stuff because that's just too far afield of this topic. I'll grant that if one believes all of that was just made up then one would probably feel comfortable rejecting any *inconvenient claims* which go against one's *preconceived conclusions*. All I can say is that, the fact that Russia played a heavily role in influencing the 2016 election and that fact is beyond dispute. Even Lindsey Graham agrees.
                              The hack of the DNC server had to be someone physically on location. Graham is misinformed. The media still hypes it up as Russian infiltration. Go figure.

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              Here is a google link which reveals a number of news articles on this topic. It *is* being discussed. The problem is that we are in totally uncharted waters with COVID45 and it's hard to know where the right line to draw is. I would note that our response appears to mirror that taken in most countries under similar circumstances which leads me to believe it is at least a reasonable approach to try.
                              Well. The results are still true. We will have more deaths due to shutdown than to the virus. We cannot survive well as a nation going into a depression. But the governors are willing to take this risk.

Comment

The hack of the DNC server had to be someone physically on location. Graham is misinformed. The media still hypes it up as Russian infiltration. Go figure.
                                I read something fairly recently concerning something about the speed of the downloading indicating this. Apparently it can only be done so fast over the interwebz (though this is changing) and this exceeded it but a great deal, which suggested a flash drive or similar device.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment