Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    So, why bother to post, Jim? You're not going to believe anything he says, and we all get that.
    The guy is a proven pathological liar, CP. Why would you or anyone else believe anything he says?.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The guy is a proven pathological liar, CP. Why would you or anyone else believe anything he says?.
      If he says concrete is hard, it's still hard regardless of your claim that he's a pathological liar, Jim.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Mike, you are deep into the conspiracy theory cult. Fauci, Birx and Bright are highly educated scientists and lifelong public servants. When you spout that kind of nonsense you are not thinking for yourself, you are simply mouthing the fake news that Trump, Fox News and social media sites are drilling into your non critical brain. Try honestly fact checking what you hear and read while you still have the ability to think for yourself. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!
        You are wasting your mind on popular media. If you have half a mind, check out some of the evidence behind what I am discussing here. It is such a cop-out to disregard anything you consider as "conspiracy." The other term for this is debate -- the other perspective than what you have adopted. This leaves you with half truths.

You are relying first on the presumed intellect of these three bureaucrats in order to dismiss the facts of their connections with Big Pharma. You rely on media programming to tell you that everything that is challenges Fauci's self-contradictory statements about coronavirus must be false. Why don't you go and check to see if what I have described to you is true? (You seem to have enough intellect to start sorting out what stuff has sufficient evidence to it.) I'm not doing this for my own benefit, except as much that we all benefit from skepticism toward the unscientific advise from Fauci, Birx and Bright. (There is so much evidence and so many doctors/scientists against what Fauci, Birx and Bright say and recommend.)

You rely on your own intellect to esteem yourself so highly, but you fail to do the research that is needed at this time. I am surprised at the darkness you wallow in. That is why I have noted before that we are pretty much doomed to what is happening. I had hoped that people would check the facts (and the facts are important as we head into a worldwide depression due to political decisions against the economy.) However, if this does not wake people up, then we are solely in the hand of God for salvation.

If you don't realize the truth of what I am sharing now, hopefully there will be some point where you can recognize that the warning signs were right in front of us.
        Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-18-2020, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          If he says concrete is hard, it's still hard regardless of your claim that he's a pathological liar, Jim.
          If Trump said concrete was hard, it probably hasn't dried yet.

Comment

That's a pretty ignorant thing to say, but I can't say I'm the least bit surprised.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You seem so stressed out. It may help your life you in your life if you reduced your antagonism here -- unless you have some big warning that would help us all.

I've become distrustful of Trump. He seems almost as bad of a liar as Bush2, Clinton and Obama. I suppose Bush1 also was as bad. It is unlikely that we will get anyone better than what we have been getting. As one king said, "Don't put your trust in mortal man in whom there is no salvation."

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                You seem so stressed out. It may help your life you in your life if you reduced your antagonism here -- unless you have some big warning that would help us all.

I've become distrustful of Trump. He seems almost as bad of a liar as Bush2, Clinton and Obama. I suppose Bush1 also was as bad. It is unlikely that we will get anyone better than what we have been getting. As one king said, "Don't put your trust in mortal man in whom there is no salvation."
                In South Park terms, it's almost always a choice between a Edited by a Moderator and a turd sandwich.

Moderated By: QuantaFille

Please watch your language.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by QuantaFille; 05-19-2020, 05:59 PM.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  You are wasting your mind on popular media. If you have half a mind, check out some of the evidence behind what I am discussing here. It is such a cop-out to disregard anything you consider as "conspiracy." The other term for this is debate -- the other perspective than what you have adopted. This leaves you with half truths.

You are relying first on the presumed intellect of these three bureaucrats in order to dismiss the facts of their connections with Big Pharma. You rely on media programming to tell you that everything that is challenges Fauci's self-contradictory statements about coronavirus must be false. Why don't you go and check to see if what I have described to you is true? (You seem to have enough intellect to start sorting out what stuff has sufficient evidence to it.) I'm not doing this for my own benefit, except as much that we all benefit from skepticism toward the unscientific advise from Fauci, Birx and Bright. (There is so much evidence and so many doctors/scientists against what Fauci, Birx and Bright say and recommend.)

You rely on your own intellect to esteem yourself so highly, but you fail to do the research that is needed at this time. I am surprised at the darkness you wallow in. That is why I have noted before that we are pretty much doomed to what is happening. I had hoped that people would check the facts (and the facts are important as we head into a worldwide depression due to political decisions against the economy.) However, if this does not wake people up, then we are solely in the hand of God for salvation.

If you don't realize the truth of what I am sharing now, hopefully there will be some point where you can recognize that the warning signs were right in front of us.
                  The warning signs are right in front of us Mike, and you don't have to listen to what other people are telling you in order to see the warning signs. Watch whats's going on, not what someone else is telling you is going on. What you are seeing are conspiracy theories, like with Bill Gates, a philanthropist spending his money for good in the world, you believe is trying to take over the world. You haven't fact checked that, you're just taking it in and accepting nonsense as truth. It's nonsense, okay. Like pizza gate was nonsense, like birtherism was nonsense, like Russian interference was a hoax, is nonsense. Like Fauci, Birx, and Bright, life long public servants, are just crooks trying to cash in is nonsense. Stop believing nonsensical conspiracy theories and wake the bleep up to what's actually going on in your government right in front of your own eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    In South Park terms, it's almost always a choice between a Edited by a Moderator and a turd sandwich.
                    No, it isn't. That's just the excuse you hide behind after having put someone like the wannabe dictator Trump in the White House. What are you going to do, admit you made a mistake? If ya'll actually thought Trump was a giant douche, you wouldn't be defending him at every turn, like ya'll do.
                    Last edited by QuantaFille; 05-19-2020, 06:00 PM.

Comment

The warning signs are right in front of us Mike, and you don't have to listen to what other people are telling you in order to see the warning signs. Watch whats's going on, not what someone else is telling you is going on. What you are seeing are conspiracy theories, like with Bill Gates, a philanthropist spending his money for good in the world, you believe is trying to take over the world. You haven't fact checked that, you're just taking it in and accepting nonsense as truth. It's nonsense, okay. Like pizza gate was nonsense, like birtherism was nonsense, like Russian interference was a hoax, is nonsense. Like Fauci, Birx, and Bright, life long public servants, are just crooks trying to cash in is nonsense. Stop believing nonsensical conspiracy theories and wake the bleep up to what's actually going on in your government right in front of your own eyes.
                      What do you want me to see that I have not already seen? Why should I not believe the evidence that has been found through research? Why should I not trust my mind, my analytical ability? What do you offer in exchange for evidence?

If you stopped responding to stuff earlier, you might sound smart. I have been examining all the signs of what is happening. You apparently have not researched anything on Gates except the superficial media hype. We have seen in other threads how much the media will lie ... they just present a rosy picture on what they want you to believe. You are following the media with blind faith -- a cult follower. You are an idiot for not checking the details. The evidence is plainly there but your laziness accepts the idea that anything controversial is just conspiracy theories. Stop cutting short your thinking process. Check the facts for yourself -- but you won't because you don't care to look at actual evidence (and evidence from their own mouths). I just don't understand why you are so unwilling to look at evidence. You are too scared to look at the truth. I am sharing this that you might have a peek into the real world instead of your happy-go-lucky make-believe world.

Oh right. We need to pay attention to what the government is doing. The governors are pushing us into deeper economic depression. This is why I am so concerned about what it happening.
                      Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-19-2020, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                        If his doctors prescribed ir for a purpose it is not approved I believe they violated the law and endangered Trump's life. They are silent at present.
                        Off-label prescribing is legal and common.

"Off-label prescribing is when a physician gives you a drug that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved to treat a condition different than your condition. This practice is legal and common. In fact, one in five prescriptions written today are for off-label use."
                        Last edited by NorrinRadd; 05-19-2020, 04:17 AM.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                          I'm a scientist. I don't care about experience. I care about data. Link me solid data and I won't care who it comes from.
                          I understand. You seem to have the same approach as Fauci. He clearly prefers dealing with numbers and equations and graphs in a nice, sterile lab setting, as opposed to dealing with humans in a clinical setting. I frankly think it is a mistake to have someone with such a narrow focus in such an important role in the Task Force.

Here is the segment from Laura's show.

Here is the segment from Tucker's show.

Hannity quoted from a "recent" (about six weeks old) letter from rheumatologist Dr. Daniel Wallace speaking favorably about HCQ in terms of effectiveness and safety. This same letter has been widely quoted, but I can't find the letter itself online.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

He was asked if his doctor prescribed it, and he said no, but he told him sure, if you want to take it go ahead.
                            How would he even get it if his doctor didn't prescribe it?

Apparently his physician did prescribe it. Where did you get the idea he didn't?

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenthel...ull.pdf#page=1

ScreenHunter_.jpg
                            Last edited by Sparko; 05-19-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

The consparacy theory nuttery is very widespread, it is certainly rampant in the evangelical community, though I'm not familiar enough with other communities to know if its just them or is it Trump supporters in general, or does it exist in equal parts across the us, left or right.

Regardless, its nuts, and it's getting worse.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-19-2020, 07:51 AM.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...source=twitter

“Now, if he doesn’t believe in it, why would he sign it? And a lot of good things have come out about the hydroxy. A lot of good things have come out,” Trump said. “You’d be surprised at how many people are taking it, especially the front-line workers, before you catch it. The front-line workers, many, many are taking it.”

“I happen to be taking it. I happen to be taking it,” Trump then added.

1) Do you believe him?
                                2) Do you believe the resident should be taking a drug which has a number of problematic side effects for morbidly obese men of advanced age?

For me

1) No
                                2) Yes
                                1) No, I don't believe him. I think he's stupid enough to take it, but his statement - like most others - seemed geared towards putting himself back on top of the media coverage.
                                2) I honestly want something bad to happen to him. HOWEVER, I think he shouldn't be taking it, because there are other people who need it for problems HQ is actually efficacious for. He shouldn't be creating COVID-19 demand for a drug used by lupus, arthritis and malaria patients.

ps. I'm pleasantly surprised to find my login here still works. I frequented TWeb a long time ago...

Comment