Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
    Of course. I have no issue with calling out any politician who makes a mistake.
    Biden compared taking a well-known prescription medication under a doctor's supervision with injecting yourself with Clorox.

That's a heck of a "mistake". Maybe you should consider voting for the other Biden.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      He likened taking a well-known prescription medication that has been used for decades with injecting Clorox into your blood. That's a ridiculous analogy no matter how you try to spin it.

Come on, man!
      He likened taking that drug *to prevent catching Coronavirus* to doing that. He didn't say that it wasn't the right medication to take under particular circumstances. Trump hasn't even tested positive yet!

Again, his point was that the possible benefits don't outweigh the likely detriments. That much is obvious if you watch the video and hear the question which was posed. That much is obvious by the fact that the (yes, literally) Nazi Twitter account had to fake the quote from Biden.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        He likened taking that drug *to prevent catching Coronavirus* to doing that. He didn't say that it wasn't the right medication to take under particular circumstances. Trump hasn't even tested positive yet!

Again, his point was that the possible benefits don't outweigh the likely detriments. That much is obvious if you watch the video and hear the question which was posed. That much is obvious by the fact that the (yes, literally) Nazi Twitter account had to fake the quote from Biden.
        Taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure is nothing at all like injecting yourself with Clorox, you dog-face pony soldier.

Comment

Taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure is nothing at all like injecting yourself with Clorox, you dog-face pony soldier.

Watch your own video! Hear the question asked and the answer given. Then we can discuss further.

Comment

Watch your own video! Hear the question asked and the answer given. Then we can discuss further.
            I did watch it, and Biden did in fact liken taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure, to injecting yourself with Clorox.

Come on, man!

Comment

I did watch it, and Biden did in fact liken taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure, to injecting yourself with Clorox.

Come on, man!
              You have to recognize that Biden has been injecting himself with Clorox. You can see how it has helped him.

Comment

Come on, man!
                The quote was "That's like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you." This was stated in the context of whether Trump should role model taking H pre-emptively, not whether it is possible for someone with unprecedented access to doctors and on-site medical facilities could take H safely. You would know this if you watched the video.

Comment

The quote was "That's like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you."
                  Right. "[Taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure is] like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you."

No, it's NOTHING like that. It's a boneheaded analogy. Come on, man!

Comment

Right. "[Taking a well-known medication with a doctor's supervision as a preventative measure is] like saying maybe if you inject Clorox into your blood, you know, it might cure you."

No, it's NOTHING like that. It's a boneheaded analogy. Come on, man!
                    I just find it shocking you want to dwell on people making comparisons to injection with disinfectant when that is literally what Trump did.

Comment

I just find it shocking you want to dwell on people making comparisons to injection with disinfectant when that is literally what Trump did.
                      Well, at least you finally stopped trying to defend Biden's absurdity. I think we're making progress.

Comment

Well, at least you finally stopped trying to defend Biden's absurdity. I think we're making progress.
                        Like I said, if what he actually said was so bad TruthShamer88 wouldn't have had to fabricate a quote. That's honestly as far as I need to take things, no further.

Comment

Like I said, if what he actually said was so bad TruthShamer88 wouldn't have had to fabricate a quote. That's honestly as far as I need to take things, no further.
                          The "fabricated" quote, and Biden's actual quote say exactly the same thing. Come on, man!

Comment

The "fabricated" quote, and Biden's actual quote say exactly the same thing. Come on, man!
                            We have a term for lying when the truth will (supposedly) do just fine.

In any case, here's an actual quote by Trump from today. You can judge for yourself who stepped in it worse.

Aaron Rupar
                            @atrupar
                            REPORTER: The US has 4 percent of the world's population and 30 percent of the Covid-19 cases. What would you have done differently?

TRUMP: "Well, nothing."

Comment

We have a term for lying when the truth will (supposedly) do just fine.

In any case, here's an actual quote by Trump from today. You can judge for yourself who stepped in it worse.

Aaron Rupar
                              @atrupar
                              REPORTER: The US has 4 percent of the world's population and 30 percent of the Covid-19 cases. What would you have done differently?

TRUMP: "Well, nothing."
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It seems I struck a nerve with you. I'd my lying if I said that wasn't intentional ;).

Comment