Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    Off-label prescribing is legal and common.

"Off-label prescribing is when a physician gives you a drug that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved to treat a condition different than your condition. This practice is legal and common. In fact, one in five prescriptions written today are for off-label use."
    I have a prescription for a drug that's usually used for a totally other purpose, but it has been found to work well with restless leg syndrome, from which I suffer. It's definitely "off-label".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    1) No, I don't believe him. I think he's stupid enough to take it, but his statement - like most others - seemed geared towards putting himself back on top of the media coverage.
    2) I honestly want something bad to happen to him. HOWEVER, I think he shouldn't be taking it, because there are other people who need it for problems HQ is actually efficacious for. He shouldn't be creating COVID-19 demand for a drug used by lupus, arthritis and malaria patients.

ps. I'm pleasantly surprised to find my login here still works. I frequented TWeb a long time ago...
    Whatever, man!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I have a prescription for a drug that's usually used for a totally other purpose, but it has been found to work well with restless leg syndrome, from which I suffer. It's definitely "off-label".
    It's been known for a decade or more that certain "acid-blockers" have immune-boosting and antiviral effects. I believe that's an "off-label" use, but if you read the fine print on the documents that come with the pills, you find that listed.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The consparacy theory nuttery is very widespread, it is certainly rampant in the evangelical community, though I'm not familiar enough with other communities to know if its just them or is it Trump supporters in general, or does it exist in equal parts across the us, left or right.

Regardless, its nuts, and it's getting worse.
    How could anything get worse than what we actually see in the world right now?

The ironic thing is that the current political scenarios are worse than what conspiracy theories suggested.
    1. People are mostly being confined to their homes
    2. These people are living in fear for their lives if they go outside
    3. There are places in California being threatened with having to be tested for coronavirus and having their children removed if the parents have a positive test
    4. Most businesses have been forced to close.
    5. Martial law: The governors are acting as dictators, and, even after many months, it sounds like most state legislatures are not able to make decisions on the laws
    6. People are happy to obey ridiculous rules
    7. People are being asked to snitch on their neighbors
    8. The US government is spending trillions of dollars which will cause further collapse and will cause hyper-inflation
    9. Police attack people who don't wear nonsensical face masks
    10. Censorship has been applied across most large-scale public social sites. Only a few sources are said to be trustworthy: the mass media (sponsored by Pharmaceuticals) and the government
    11. We are told to trust Gates, despite the deaths that have resulted from everything he sponsors.

No one I heard had expected such a sudden and total conformity to this global change. So reality is worse than the conspiracy investigators had discussed.

Faith
    Full Gospel Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are always things I find really odd about the views of my discussion "opponents" (for lack of a better term). Honestly, the idea that Bad Orange Man would be lying about something so simple as taking HCQ has to be one of the weirdest.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Nationalist.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

8. Amen mikewhitney, Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    There are always things I find really odd about the views of my discussion "opponents" (for lack of a better term). Honestly, the idea that Bad Orange Man would be lying about something so simple as taking HCQ has to be one of the weirdest.
    I don't think he's lying about it. I just think he's stupid enough to do it. The problem, of course, is that his followers are stupid enough to do it too, so a good many of them will likely be hurt by it as they don't have round the clock medical monitoring to make sure nothing is going awry. And if it turns out Trump doesn't get sick (which could - of course - just mean he's one of those that doesn't get sick), well that will be proof it works, and yet even more people will do it, and yet even more people will get hurt by it. Stupid is what Stupid does.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump has been trying to push the drug for months against the advice of professionals in the field, professionals in his own Administration, and allegedly fired the head of BARDA, Dr. bright, for speaking out against its use. He's still trying to push it, that's why he'd lie about using it himself. He told people "use it!" In other words, "don't listen to what you read or hear, stick with me."

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    How could anything get worse than what we actually see in the world right now?

The ironic thing is that the current political scenarios are worse than what conspiracy theories suggested.
    1. People are mostly being confined to their homes
    2. These people are living in fear for their lives if they go outside
    3. There are places in California being threatened with having to be tested for coronavirus and having their children removed if the parents have a positive test
    4. Most businesses have been forced to close.
    5. Martial law: The governors are acting as dictators, and, even after many months, it sounds like most state legislatures are not able to make decisions on the laws
    6. People are happy to obey ridiculous rules
    7. People are being asked to snitch on their neighbors
    8. The US government is spending trillions of dollars which will cause further collapse and will cause hyper-inflation
    9. Police attack people who don't wear nonsensical face masks
    10. Censorship has been applied across most large-scale public social sites. Only a few sources are said to be trustworthy: the mass media (sponsored by Pharmaceuticals) and the government
    11. We are told to trust Gates, despite the deaths that have resulted from everything he sponsors.

No one I heard had expected such a sudden and total conformity to this global change. So reality is worse than the conspiracy investigators had discussed.
    You forgot about Area 51 aliens and the faked moon landing ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

12. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Actually no, drugs that are found to apply to other conditions or illnesses are not "off label."

The drug in question, Hydroxochloroquine, has not been effective against the COVID 19, and has been found to cause heart problems and death in older, those with a history of heart illness and fragile patients.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by shunyadragon View Post
    Actually no
    Actually, yes - I know the drug I'm using and it's labeled use. But, hey, you're always right.

15. Amen NorrinRadd amen'd this post.