Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter heaven."

What a *ridiculous* analogy!
    Not a ridiculous analogy at all since what Jesus was said is true, that those who cling to earthly wealth will find it exceedingly difficult to give it up for heavenly rewards.

On their other hand, what Dementia Joe said is NOT true, that taking a well-known and time-tested medication with a doctor's supervision is nothing at all like injecting yourself with poison.

Come on, man!
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

2. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Not a ridiculous analogy at all since what Jesus was said is true, that those who cling to earthly wealth will find it exceedingly difficult to give it up for heavenly rewards.

On their other hand, what Dementia Joe said is NOT true, that taking a well-known and time-tested medication with a doctor's supervision is nothing at all like injecting yourself with poison.

Come on, man!
    What, *precisely*, is the difference between a prescription medication and a "poison." Be *very* specific.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man enter heaven."

What a *ridiculous* analogy! What does heaven have to do with a needle!?

(OMG DO. Now you're making an analogy between something you just said and something Jesus said!)

Sheesh.
    Wow, you’re an idiot.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    What, *precisely*, is the difference between a prescription medication and a "poison." Be *very* specific.
    Very little.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineBoob View Post
    A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Another way to look at: a medical professional will never prescribe you take a poison like Clorox.

Come on, man!

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Another way to look at: a medical professional will never prescribe you take a poison like Clorox.

Come on, man!
    Thankyoukindly

Storing water for an emergency is simple, especially when the water is not contaminated. Here are some guidelines for storing water.

Liquid Bleach Method

Regular household liquid bleach contains a compound (5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite) that will disinfect water. Do not use bleaches that are scented, colorsafe, or have added cleaners.

Use regular liquid bleach containing 5.25 percent hypochlorite. Add 16 drops (about ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of water.

The treated water should be mixed thoroughly and allowed to stand for 30 minutes before use. The water should have a slight bleach odor. If it does not, repeat the dosage and let the water stand for an additional 15 minutes before use. Fill clean containers and store as described in Method A.

So, we agree that Clorox *is* safe to take in small quantities (and even recommended when preserving water for a long time), and therefore, not a poison. Sounds like a reasonable analogy to me.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-21-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thankyoukindly

Storing water for an emergency is simple, especially when the water is not contaminated. Here are some guidelines for storing water.

Liquid Bleach Method

Regular household liquid bleach contains a compound (5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite) that will disinfect water. Do not use bleaches that are scented, colorsafe, or have added cleaners.

Use regular liquid bleach containing 5.25 percent hypochlorite. Add 16 drops (about ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of water.

The treated water should be mixed thoroughly and allowed to stand for 30 minutes before use. The water should have a slight bleach odor. If it does not, repeat the dosage and let the water stand for an additional 15 minutes before use. Fill clean containers and store as described in Method A.

We done here?
    And you think that's the same as injecting yourself with Clorox? You think a doctor would actually prescribe Clorox injections per Dementia Joe's analogy?

Come on, man!

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And you think that's the same as injecting yourself with Clorox? You think a doctor would actually prescribe Clorox injections per Dementia Joe's analogy?

Come on, man!
    You just agreed that Clorox is not a poison, but rather, a substance which can be harmful when consumed but which has beneficial properties under specific use cases. Just like Hydroxycloroquine. Biden's point was simply that taking H pre-emtively doesn't fit into those specific use cases.

So I'm pretty satisfied with this discussion at this point. You can have the last word.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Clorox is not a poison, but rather, a substance which can be harmful when consumed but which has beneficial properties under specific use cases.
    A straight Clorox injection is NOT one of those use cases, and no doctor would ever prescribe such a thing.

Come on, man!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    A straight Clorox injection is NOT one of those use cases, and no doctor would ever prescribe such a thing.

Come on, man!
    You would think that Mr ‘I’m the smartest’ would be well aware that the difference between poison and medicine, isn’t much.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy