Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump claims to be taking Hydroxochloroquine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Another way to look at: a medical professional will never prescribe you take a poison like Clorox.

Come on, man!
    Thankyoukindly

Storing water for an emergency is simple, especially when the water is not contaminated. Here are some guidelines for storing water.

Liquid Bleach Method

Regular household liquid bleach contains a compound (5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite) that will disinfect water. Do not use bleaches that are scented, colorsafe, or have added cleaners.

Use regular liquid bleach containing 5.25 percent hypochlorite. Add 16 drops (about ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of water.

The treated water should be mixed thoroughly and allowed to stand for 30 minutes before use. The water should have a slight bleach odor. If it does not, repeat the dosage and let the water stand for an additional 15 minutes before use. Fill clean containers and store as described in Method A.

So, we agree that Clorox *is* safe to take in small quantities (and even recommended when preserving water for a long time), and therefore, not a poison. Sounds like a reasonable analogy to me.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 05-21-2020, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Thankyoukindly

Storing water for an emergency is simple, especially when the water is not contaminated. Here are some guidelines for storing water.

Liquid Bleach Method

Regular household liquid bleach contains a compound (5.25 percent sodium hypochlorite) that will disinfect water. Do not use bleaches that are scented, colorsafe, or have added cleaners.

Use regular liquid bleach containing 5.25 percent hypochlorite. Add 16 drops (about ¼ teaspoon) per gallon of water.

The treated water should be mixed thoroughly and allowed to stand for 30 minutes before use. The water should have a slight bleach odor. If it does not, repeat the dosage and let the water stand for an additional 15 minutes before use. Fill clean containers and store as described in Method A.

We done here?
      And you think that's the same as injecting yourself with Clorox? You think a doctor would actually prescribe Clorox injections per Dementia Joe's analogy?

Come on, man!
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And you think that's the same as injecting yourself with Clorox? You think a doctor would actually prescribe Clorox injections per Dementia Joe's analogy?

Come on, man!
        You just agreed that Clorox is not a poison, but rather, a substance which can be harmful when consumed but which has beneficial properties under specific use cases. Just like Hydroxycloroquine. Biden's point was simply that taking H pre-emtively doesn't fit into those specific use cases.

So I'm pretty satisfied with this discussion at this point. You can have the last word.

Comment

Clorox is not a poison, but rather, a substance which can be harmful when consumed but which has beneficial properties under specific use cases.
          A straight Clorox injection is NOT one of those use cases, and no doctor would ever prescribe such a thing.

Come on, man!

Comment

A straight Clorox injection is NOT one of those use cases, and no doctor would ever prescribe such a thing.

Come on, man!
            You would think that Mr ‘I’m the smartest’ would be well aware that the difference between poison and medicine, isn’t much.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
              I am not always right.
              Dang! You are right again!

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                You would think that Mr ‘I’m the smartest’ would be well aware that the difference between poison and medicine, isn’t much.
                You'd think any adult would be smart enough to realize that that was my point in asking the question (and that it tanks MM's case) . But here we are :D.

Comment

You'd think any adult would be smart enough to realize that that was my point in asking the question (and that it tanks MM's case) . But here we are :D.
                  I don’t recall bleach being a medicine, you?
                  "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    I don’t recall bleach being a medicine, you?
                    According to you the distinction is tenuous. So what's the problem with what I said?

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineBoob View Post
                      According to you the distinction is tenuous. So what's the problem with what I said?
                      As soon as you can find a doctor who recommends injecting Clorox into your blood like Joe suggested then we'll have something to talk about.

Come on, man!

Comment

As soon as you can find a doctor who recommends injecting Clorox into your blood like Joe suggested then we'll have something to talk about.

Come on, man!
                        You're (still) back! Care to tell me the distinction between a medicine and a poison now?

Comment

You're (still) back! Care to tell me the distinction between a medicine and a poison now?
                          I agree they twisted what Biden said. Just like they did about what Trump said. He never said to inject disinfectant into your body. Yet that is what was reported by the MSM and every libtard on the internet.

I wish both sides would stop.

Comment

I already told you, this time with a keyword highlighted that you ignored earlier: A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Putting a few drops of bleach in a gallon of water is for the purposes of sterilizing the water and is not intended to be a medicinal.

It's okay to admit that Biden's analogy was stupid. Come on, man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              I agree they twisted what Biden said. Just like they did about what Trump said. He never said to inject disinfectant into your body. Yet that is what was reported by the MSM and every libtard on the internet.

I wish both sides would stop.
                              They didn't twist Biden's words. He straight up said that taking a prescription medication with known risks under a doctor's supervision is like "injecting Clorox into your blood". No, it's NOTHING like that.

Comment

I already told you, this time with a keyword highlighted that you ignored earlier: A prescription medication is a controlled substance that is known to have beneficial medicinal qualities when taken as recommended by a medical professional. A poison (like Clorox) has no beneficial medicinal qualities and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Putting a few drops of bleach in a gallon of water is for the purposes of sterilizing the water and is not intended to be a medicinal.

It's okay to admit that Biden's analogy was stupid. Come on, man!
                                You said this

and is not safe to take in ANY quantity.

Bleach, according to this very message, is safe to take in *small* quantities. So by your own definition it does not qualify as a poison.

Outside of that here's a medicinal property of bleach

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ffect-on-skin/

To save time, here's the definition of medicinal

(of a substance or plant) having healing properties.

Comment