Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Churches reclosing due to Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DivineOb, I bet you will get a real kick out of this story.

‘Bet You Stay Home Now Hypokrits’: Church That Refused To Close During Lockdown Gets Burned Down, Investigated As Arson

A Mississippi church in the midst of a legal battle to stay open despite local shutdown orders was burned to the ground early Wednesday morning. According to first responders, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs was vandalized and suffered a large explosion to the back of the church. The incident is being investigated as a criminal act of arson.

“I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” read one message spray painted on the church parking lot, Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church Stephen Crampton told Fox News on Thursday.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/bet-y...gated-as-arson

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

‘Bet You Stay Home Now Hypokrits’: Church That Refused To Close During Lockdown Gets Burned Down, Investigated As Arson

A Mississippi church in the midst of a legal battle to stay open despite local shutdown orders was burned to the ground early Wednesday morning. According to first responders, the First Pentecostal Church of Holly Springs was vandalized and suffered a large explosion to the back of the church. The incident is being investigated as a criminal act of arson.

“I Bet you stay home now you hypokrits,” read one message spray painted on the church parking lot, Thomas More Society senior counsel and lawyer for the church Stephen Crampton told Fox News on Thursday.

See my post above on that as well...
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        Edited by a Moderator His name was not mentioned in the op or anywhere else in this thread until you, oxmixmudd, but of course, everything in the whole world that is not up to your standards is his fault.

You switched awfully fast from telling DO not to be rude to basically agreeing with him. Nice.
        Edited by a Moderator

I made the point about being rude - it was unnecessary and demeaning to people of faith. But he is not wrong that Christians refusing to follow social distancing guidelines pose a risk to others, both inside and outside the Church. And that Christians of all people should be focused on what is best for others above themselves.
        Last edited by DesertBerean; 05-21-2020, 12:16 PM.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Edited by a Moderator

I made the point about being rude - it was unnecessary and demeaning to people of faith. But he is not wrong that Christians refusing to follow social distancing guidelines pose a risk to others, both inside and outside the Church. And that Christians of all people should be focused on what is best for others above themselves.
          Not all Christians posting here are "only thinking about themselves." Personally, I work from home and have an online business, and I don't attend a church (probably not a good thing, but it is what it is) so none of this affects me negatively, other than wearing the mandatory mask to get around on public transit and buy essentials, which I think is retarded but I tolerate it, not a big deal. My sister, who lives in Frisco has a family with two kids and is getting hit hard by the economic consequences of this. Thankfully we have assets our mother left us that might help them get through. I would imagine there are millions of families out there like her in even worse situations. I'm thinking about them, you arrogant, self-righteous, judgemental ass.
          Last edited by DesertBerean; 05-21-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Here's a pic

133898-aske.jpg

And no, I don't support domestic terrorism. I'm not a Republican as I've already pointed out.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
              I don't think anybody here is saying that those believers who are not following the guidelines set out by the government for us are doing the right thing.

But that's not what DO said in the op. You are doing the same thing that he has done, being rude and demeaning to the people of faith on this website. As I already stated, it is highly unlikely that anybody here is attending one of the churches mentioned in the op that are still congregating against the guidelines.

You and your friends, the unbelievers on this site, do just love to paint with a broad brush. Please. Give those of us who are being careful to do what we need to do a little bit of credit.

Do you know that I missed my granddaughter's birthday this past weekend for the first time in 11 years, because we want to make sure that she and her parents are safe, and that we are kept safe as well? Even though restrictions have lifted a bit where we are, we made that choice, in spite of how much I want to hold my girl in arms and spend a whole day with her.

Do you think I would risk being in a large group where someone might be asymptomatic, or I might be asymptomatic, just to get a "fix" of "religion" or whatever the world wants to call it if I won't even risk being around my precious family?

Use a little common sense, please, and stop accusing us all of the same thing!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I don't think anybody here is saying that those believers who are not following the guidelines set out by the government for us are doing the right thing.

But that's not what DO said in the op. You are doing the same thing that he has done, being rude and demeaning to the people of faith on this website. As I already stated, it is highly unlikely that anybody here is attending one of the churches mentioned in the op that are still congregating against the guidelines.

You and your friends, the unbelievers on this site, do just love to paint with a broad brush. Please. Give those of us who are being careful to do what we need to do a little bit of credit.

Do you know that I missed my granddaughter's birthday this past weekend for the first time in 11 years, because we want to make sure that she and her parents are safe, and that we are kept safe as well? Even though restrictions have lifted a bit where we are, we made that choice, in spite of how much I want to hold my girl in arms and spend a whole day with her.

Do you think I would risk being in a large group where someone might be asymptomatic, or I might be asymptomatic, just to get a "fix" of "religion" or whatever the world wants to call it if I won't even risk being around my precious family?

Use a little common sense, please, and stop accusing us all of the same thing!
                The salon owner who re-opened in defiance of say at home orders was highly praised on this board and even said to be someone's new hero (Seer?). If everyone on this board showed the kind of restraint and adult-level intelligence you clearly have I might not have even posted this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                  The salon owner who re-opened in defiance of say at home orders was highly praised on this board and even said to be someone's new hero (Seer?). If everyone on this board showed the kind of restraint and adult-level intelligence you clearly have I might not have even posted this thread.
                  Disregard that 'amen.' It was a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    Not all Christians posting here are "only thinking about themselves." Personally, I work from home and have an online business, and I don't attend a church (probably not a good thing, but it is what it is) so none of this affects me negatively, other than wearing the mandatory mask to get around on public transit and buy essentials, which I think is retarded but I tolerate it, not a big deal. My sister, who lives in Frisco has a family with two kids and is getting hit hard by the economic consequences of this. Thankfully we have assets our mother left us that might help them get through. I would imagine there are millions of families out there like her in even worse situations. I'm thinking about them, you arrogant, self-righteous, judgemental ass.

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: DesertBerean

Enough. We are discussing your continued disregard of our warning. Cease until we have got back to you.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by DesertBerean; 05-21-2020, 12:27 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Disregard that 'amen.' It was a mistake.
                      Are you saying that I have not showed the kind of restraint and adult-level intelligence that DO has accused me of?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
                        Last edited by RumTumTugger; 05-21-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you KingsGambit for bringing this thread to the top.

People who explicitly supported violating stay the at home orders:
                          seer
                          mikewhitney
                          seanD
                          NorrinRadd

You can look at the amens in that thread and infer additional names but I won't do that here. There were plenty of people on here failing to adult properly.

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            Thank you KingsGambit for bringing this thread to the top.

People who explicitly supported violating stay the at home orders:
                            seer
                            mikewhitney
                            seanD
                            NorrinRadd

You can look at the amens in that thread and infer additional names but I won't do that here. There were plenty of people on here failing to adult properly.
                            It's hard to figure out why you and KG can't distinguish the two obviously different rationales. But being that the left has the propensity to disregard constitutional law in favor of emotion and feelings, it doesn't surprise me.

Comment

Moderated By: RumTumTugger

Enough fo the obsession with Trump if you want to talk about trump do so in the dozen+ threads started about him already or start one yourself do not bring him up in threads that aren't about him.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

My focus is on strict applications of rule of law. I have been told on here before that hypothetically, an
                                Individual brought here against their will as a small child is morally obligated to self deport because the law is the law. Such an austere adherence to the rule of law (especially when immigration law is muddled to the point of legislation like the Dream Act tacitly condoning violations in such case) does not comport with open flouting of laws enacted, rightly or wrongly, for public safety.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment