Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Churches reclosing due to Coronavirus

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Not all Christians posting here are "only thinking about themselves." Personally, I work from home and have an online business, and I don't attend a church (probably not a good thing, but it is what it is) so none of this affects me negatively, other than wearing the mandatory mask to get around on public transit and buy essentials, which I think is retarded but I tolerate it, not a big deal. My sister, who lives in Frisco has a family with two kids and is getting hit hard by the economic consequences of this. Thankfully we have assets our mother left us that might help them get through. I would imagine there are millions of families out there like her in even worse situations. I'm thinking about them, you arrogant, self-righteous, judgemental ass.
    I am sure there are many on this site that will be quite thrilled with your highlighted, final comment.

---

Unfortunately you thinking it is retarded is exactly the attitude I'm talking about and DivineOB is talking about.

Is it really retarded to try to make sure that if you have covid-19 but are asymptomatic, you do not kill or injure some of the people you interact with that might get much sicker than you? Because that is what wearing a mask helps to do. It protects the people around you from the danger you are to them.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's fair. I don't think not going to church is necessarily a mark of someone who's a fake Christian, especially considering I live in a very urban part of LA, so it's difficult, if not impossible, for me to find a church that hasn't been infected with liberalism. I admit I'm not prefect, especially in my aggressive and blunt persona online (though I'm not THAT bad in person). So if someone judges "my fruit" as being suspiciously not Christian-like, I'm cool with it. That's their opinion.
    I know of a church in your area that hasn't been infected with liberalism and stands true to God's word. If you are interested, pm me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    A little bit of credit? Are you asking me to do what you say, but not what you do?
    What? I thought I was perfectly clear. How did you get what you said I was saying out of what I was saying.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Lol....what? How many discussions on this board has been about all the precautions many of us have been implementing? Talk about a broad brush.

Firstly, coming together as a group to worship is a protected right of any religion here in the United States.
    AND, we are told in the Bible not to forsake the assembling...

Secondly, in some places (looking at you, New York!), at least ONE religion (Islam) were being allowed to gather in worship while others (Jews and Christians) were not. (Edited: I'm finding out this isn't true anymore). In a LOT of places, including California, stores and eateries are allowed to stay open while churches can't, no matter what precautions we take just like the stores!

Thirdly, churches DO cooperate with the shutdowns and reopening guidelines!

My own denomination has a good history of cooperation with authorities starting with the Spanish flu. (We believe in divine protection and healing but we are not idiots. We cooperate with current knowledge of health and science!). But we Christians have a Biblical directive to gather. Some 500 pastors have sent notice to the Governor that on 31 May they will reopen with social distancing and restricting the number of people etc. May 31 is the date because it's Pentecost, the official anniversary of the birth of church through the Holy Spirit.

I see a lot of people speaking against our efforts out of fear.
    God Bless Texas!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

5. Amen mossrose, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    2 whole churches? With 3 and 7 cases? Wow... Are you suggesting they caught it from attending services?
    Well, YEAH, cause NONE of them ever go to Walmart or Home Depot!
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

7. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    ...Do you know that I missed my granddaughter's birthday this past weekend for the first time in 11 years....
    Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?! IS she having two birthdays a year or something?????

9. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    My focus is on strict applications of rule of law. I have been told on here before that hypothetically, an
    Individual brought here against their will as a small child is morally obligated to self deport because the law is the law. Such an austere adherence to the rule of law (especially when immigration law is muddled to the point of legislation like the Dream Act tacitly condoning violations in such case) does not comport with open flouting of laws enacted, rightly or wrongly, for public safety.
    And another aspect of this is that NEITHER side wants to address this seriously because it continues to be campaign fodder.

radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Would they not have been susceptible to influenza viruses? What precautions were they taking to avoid those viruses before the great panic of 2020? I would presume the same precautions could have been followed, no?
    There's no good excuse for being unaware of flu shots.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I want to clarify one thing: I think if the church lockdown order kept on going indefinitely, there would be a case for civil disobedience because like Bill said, it's a constitutional violation. I'm not sure the constitution says anything about businesses; you could maybe make a case, but it's not open and shut like it is for freedom of religion.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?! IS she having two birthdays a year or something?????
    I know! It's awful! She's turning into a beautiful young lady and I can't seem to stop it!

But, we digress.