Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Churches reclosing due to Coronavirus

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Not all Christians posting here are "only thinking about themselves." Personally, I work from home and have an online business, and I don't attend a church (probably not a good thing, but it is what it is) so none of this affects me negatively, other than wearing the mandatory mask to get around on public transit and buy essentials, which I think is retarded but I tolerate it, not a big deal. My sister, who lives in Frisco has a family with two kids and is getting hit hard by the economic consequences of this. Thankfully we have assets our mother left us that might help them get through. I would imagine there are millions of families out there like her in even worse situations. I'm thinking about them, you arrogant, self-righteous, judgemental ass.
    Edited by a Moderator
    Last edited by RumTumTugger; 05-21-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thank you KingsGambit for bringing this thread to the top.

People who explicitly supported violating stay the at home orders:
    seer
    mikewhitney
    seanD
    NorrinRadd

You can look at the amens in that thread and infer additional names but I won't do that here. There were plenty of people on here failing to adult properly.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Thank you KingsGambit for bringing this thread to the top.

People who explicitly supported violating stay the at home orders:
    seer
    mikewhitney
    seanD
    NorrinRadd

You can look at the amens in that thread and infer additional names but I won't do that here. There were plenty of people on here failing to adult properly.
    It's hard to figure out why you and KG can't distinguish the two obviously different rationales. But being that the left has the propensity to disregard constitutional law in favor of emotion and feelings, it doesn't surprise me.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Department Head
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Moderated By: RumTumTugger

Enough fo the obsession with Trump if you want to talk about trump do so in the dozen+ threads started about him already or start one yourself do not bring him up in threads that aren't about him.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

5. Amen rogue06 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    My focus is on strict applications of rule of law. I have been told on here before that hypothetically, an
    Individual brought here against their will as a small child is morally obligated to self deport because the law is the law. Such an austere adherence to the rule of law (especially when immigration law is muddled to the point of legislation like the Dream Act tacitly condoning violations in such case) does not comport with open flouting of laws enacted, rightly or wrongly, for public safety.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Also, Sean, if you admit you don't attend church, perhaps you should consider holding off on declaring other people not to be Christians.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Also, Sean, if you admit you don't attend church, perhaps you should consider holding off on declaring other people not to be Christians.
    Did he actually say "not a Christian"?

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Did he actually say "not a Christian"?
    He has previously said he does not believe Jim is a Christian, yes.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    That's fair. I don't think not going to church is necessarily a mark of someone who's a fake Christian, especially considering I live in a very urban part of LA, so it's difficult, if not impossible, for me to find a church that hasn't been infected with liberalism. I admit I'm not prefect, especially in my aggressive and blunt persona online (though I'm not THAT bad in person). So if someone judges "my fruit" as being suspiciously not Christian-like, I'm cool with it. That's their opinion.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

11. Amen Mountain Man, mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Please. Give those of us who are being careful to do what we need to do a little bit of credit.
    A little bit of credit? Are you asking me to do what you say, but not what you do?
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"