Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Churches reclosing due to Coronavirus

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Then condemn the ones who did it, not the majority of us who have been very careful to follow the guidelines! Again, you've broad-brushed us all in your bigoted self-righteousness!
    Quote me, specifically, where I did what you just claimed.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Quote me, specifically, where I did what you just claimed.
    We tried to protect you guys form yourselves but you needed your fix.
    Clear enough for you?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

3. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Clear enough for you?
    No, not clear to me. No one on this board attends those churches, right? Everyone on this board is being responsible, right? So how could I be talking about you folks specifically?

If you feel like I'm talking about responsible churchgoers you must have a guilty conscience or a persecution complex.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, not clear to me. No one on this board attends those churches, right? Everyone on this board is being responsible, right? So how could I be talking about you folks specifically?

If you feel like I'm talking about responsible churchgoers you must have a guilty conscience or a persecution complex.
    YOUR usage of those particular pronouns in this setting makes it seem you are accusing every believer here of behaving heinously. Stop trying to weasel your way out of what you said.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

6. Amen RumTumTugger, Mountain Man, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    YOUR usage of those particular pronouns in this setting makes it seem you are accusing every believer here of behaving heinously. Stop trying to weasel your way out of what you said.
    Only to those with guilty consciences or victim mentalities. I've repented my anti-theist ways.

Regardless, it seems like you'd rather talk about me than about the topic of this thread. I wonder why...

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...t-coronavirus/

Churches in states at the forefront of reopening efforts are closing their doors for a second time.

Catoosa Baptist Tabernacle in Ringgold, Ga., less than 20 miles away from Chattanooga, Tenn., and Holy Ghost Catholic Church in Houston have indefinitely suspended services after members and leaders tested positive for the coronavirus shortly after reopening.

The news of the canceled services comes as a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that large gatherings pose risk for coronavirus transmission and called on faith-based organizations to work with local health officials about implementing guidelines for modified activities.

The report looked at a rural Arkansas church, where a pastor and his wife attended church events in early March. At least 35 of 92 attendees tested positive for the coronavirus, and three people died. An additional 26 cases and a death occurred in the community from contact with the church cases, the report confirmed.

Sounds like these closings were voluntary. We tried to protect you guys form yourselves but you needed your fix.
    I am curious about the sources that WaPo relied on, the actual facts, and whether they are fashioning the report to an agenda. There was a post from about a month ago on tweb which talked about all the covid-19 deaths in a certain Pentacostal organization. It turns out that most of the leaders (12-20?) who died were in their 70s and above and were in different states. It was hardly ascribable to the spread of a virus in a tight community that was violating the unsociable distancing rules.

Where is the report the article refers to? I cannot find it yet. There are many gullible people who read the lying mainstream media as if the media always tells the truth.

Also, if a thousand churches have opened up, the observations on a few exceptions could be improperly assumed to be representative of what is happening in the other churches. If people are not going to church, shouldn't everyone avoid going to the supermarket? How dangerous and evil those marketgoers are.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 05-20-2020 at 03:04 PM.

9. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    For the record, I took it the way mossrose did. You said "you" like you were talking to people here, instead of "they" which would have been less directly accusatory.
    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Only to those with guilty consciences or victim mentalities. I've repented my anti-theist ways.

Regardless, it seems like you'd rather talk about me than about the topic of this thread. I wonder why...
    There is no guilty conscience on my part. Our church is still live-streaming.

And if you are going to condemn the believers on this site for the behaviour you are referencing in the op, then, yes, I am going to talk about YOUR words instead of the topic of the thread.

In YOUR haste to condemn all of us here, you have negated anything you might have wanted to convey about SOME believers, probably none of whom are members of this site.

12. Amen Mountain Man amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's only a 'fix' to those who insist on putting themselves and others into harms way to get what they *want*. If you can't hold off until its safe then, yes, you are sick. That it was unsafe is evidenced by the article contents.

Sorry if that is offensive.
    I got your point, I even agree with it to the extent that when meeting together knowingly and unnecessarily puts others at risk, something is amiss. But nevertheless, it's unnecessarily disrespectful.

Carry on ...
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

14. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    radical strawberry
    Faith
    Humanist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sounds like these closings were voluntary. We tried to protect you guys form yourselves but you needed your fix.
    The pandemic isn't over.

The need to encourage healthy habits isn't over.

Some of these folks are likely to die from Covid-19.

We should act like we know that.