Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

(Lighter thread): Who should re-open first, churches or AA meetings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    "my history" You are delusional, Shuny!

You appear to be totally ignorant of the difference between fact, opinion, and speculation. It's all ya got!
    Duck, Bob and Weave no coherent response.

. . . more than a few references to follow.

Source: https://wlos.com/news/local/several-members-of-a-franklin-church-test-positive-for-covid-19-health-department-reports

FRANKLIN, N.C. (WLOS) — Officials have identified a COVID-19 cluster of positive cases in a Franklin church.

On May 24, Macon County Public Health reported seven members of Evangelical Ebenezer’s congregation have tested positive for COVID-19.

The health department defines a 'cluster' of COVID-19 cases in workplace, educational, and other community settings as:

A minimum of five cases with illness onsets or initial positive results within a 14-day period AND
    Plausible linkage between cases
    Officials say all members of the congregation are aware of their exposure and are currently being contacted for testing.

CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION CENTER: TRACK THE LATEST DEVELOPMENTS, IMPACTS, AND HEADLINES ABOUT THE PANDEMIC HERE

"Older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions might be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19; however, anyone of any age can become infected with this illness," the health department said in an online release. "Therefore, we ask that community members strictly follow the governor’s orders and continue to practice social distancing, as well as safe hygiene measures such as hand washing and frequently cleaning touched objects and surfaces."

Macon County's current COVID-19 cases, as of May 24, includes 16 total, with 13 deemed 'active' and 2 'recovered.' One individual has died from complications due to COVID-19 in Macon County.

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 01:15 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Duck, Bob and Weave...
      Wow, how very creative!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Duck, Bob and Weave no coherent response.

. . . more than a few references to follow.
        shuny, you do have a habit of presenting pure speculation on your part as undisputed fact. Your claim from a couple hours ago that Ahmaud Arbery and others who trespassed all went "toward the water source" in the thread about his shooting is just one example. There is no actual evidence this is true but is rather nothing more than conjecture on your part but you present it as an incontrovertible certainty.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wow, how very creative!!!
          Source: https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-news/durham-county-news/multiple-covid-19-cases-linked-to-church-event-in-durham-county-officials-say/

Multiple COVID-19 cases linked to church event in Durham, county officials say
          DURHAM COUNTY NEWS
          by: CBS 17 Digital Desk

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 / 07:25 PM EDT / Updated: Mar 30, 2020 / 11:33 PM EDT

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham County officials announced Monday evening that a Durham church event was linked to multiple positive COVID-19 cases.

The event was held on March 22 at the Millennium Hotel Durham at 2800 Campus Walk Ave.

Durham County announced Monday that there are 11 new COVID-19 cases. Those new cases put the county total at 118, according to Durham County officials. It’s unclear how many of the new cases were linked to the church event.

RELATED: Full coverage of the coronavirus outbreak in NC

Officials said that the church event was hosted by Faith Assembly between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

They asked anyone who attended the event and has fever, cough, or shortness of breath, to call the Durham County Department of Public Health at 919-635-8150.

People who attended the event and are not experiencing symptoms were ordered to stay home and monitor symptoms until April 5.

Durham County implemented a stay-at-home order on Sunday at 5 p.m.

© Copyright Original Source

There are no recorded transmissions of COVID 19 fron AA meetings.

More to follow . . .
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 01:29 PM.
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            shuny, you do have a habit of presenting pure speculation on your part as undisputed fact. Your claim from a couple hours ago that Ahmaud Arbery and others who trespassed all went "toward the water source" in the thread about his shooting is just one example. There is no actual evidence this is true but is rather nothing more than conjecture on your part but you present it as an incontrovertible certainty.
            This was documented by the home owner.

Frank

Comment

Unfortunately your response are only evasive and boring.
              Then ignore me. Or are you not that disciplined?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Prove it. Because, no, it was not.

Comment

Duffus! Wrong thread.

Incontrovertible certainty?!?!? All I hear from you nothing, but an 'argument from ignorance to justify your agenda hoping from thread to thread like a lost bull frog..
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-25-2020, 01:26 PM.

Frank

Comment

Then ignore me. Or are you not that disciplined?

Frank

Comment

Duffus! Wrong thread.

Incontrovertible certainty?!?!? All I hear from you nothing, but an 'argument from ignorance to justify your agenda hoping from thread to thread like a lost bull frog..
                      I noted that the example that I provided was from another thread

But go ahead. Continue to ignore how you present speculation and opinion as incontestable facts.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The evidence for which you will of course provide, right?

Comment

Naw, he just wants to spew forth idiot phrases like "Duck, Bob, Weave", when there is no such application.

Comment

Done, wrong thread Duffus!

Frank

Comment

I noted that the example that I provided was from another thread

But go ahead. Continue to ignore how you present speculation and opinion as incontestable facts.
                              Wrong thread Duffus! Get back on topic. I gave two more examples where the spread of the virus occurred from church services, and ah . . . crickets.

Frank

Comment

• From the Department of Blatant Hypocrisy....

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Simplisty does not help your emotional, incoherent name calling response.....

Your driving square pegs in a round hole to dig yourself out of dumb dumb.
                                Wrong thread Duffus! Get back on topic. I gave two more examples where the spread of the virus occurred from church services, and ah . . . crickets.
                                Done, wrong thread Duffus!
                                And jackwagon response coming in 3...2...1....

Comment