Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

(Lighter thread): Who should re-open first, churches or AA meetings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Laughing... yeah, church without singing and prayer.... that's a riot. If there is proper social distancing, singing and prayer are no problem at all.
    Actually no, In closed buildings like in a church with a circulating heat/air when there is singing and congregational prayer social distancing in the building has caused the spread of COVID 19 virus.

Singing and shouting in in door events has been shown to spread the virus beyond social distancing.
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 06:43 AM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Actually no, In closed buildings like in a church with a circulating heat/air when there is singing and congregational prayer social distancing in the building has caused the spread of COVID 19 virus.

Singing and shouting in in door events has been shown to spread the virus beyond social distancing.
      Many people, most I imagine, still have no idea how easily this virus is spread. One of the churches that decided to reopen recently had to close down again when 8 people in the church were infected, 3 of whom i believe died, including the priest himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Many people, most I imagine, still have no idea how easily this virus is spread. One of the churches that decided to reopen recently had to close down again when 8 people in the church were infected, 3 of whom i believe died, including the priest himself.
        Actually there are a number of well documented examples:

(1) A choir practice resulted in Mount Vernon, Washington resulted 52 cases, and at least two deaths: https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...r-singing.html

(2) Church service in Frankfort, Germany results in 40 infections: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...church-service

(3) California church services linked to COVID 19 spread:https://www.latimes.com/california/s...hurch-services.

At present no new cases of COVID 199 have been attributed to AA meetings.

The documentation at present links: church services, parties, bars and pubs, large meetings, extended care institution staff, hospital staff, beauty parlors and barber shops, celebrations in crowds, and sporting events have spread COVD 19, and the victims took the virus home and elsewhere. There are of course other crowded indoor activities that are known to spread the COVID 19.
        Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 04:35 PM.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

(1) A choir practice resulted in Mount Vernon, Washington resulted 52 cases, and at least two deaths: https://www.livescience.com/covid-19...r-singing.html

(2) Church service in Frankfort, Germany results in 40 infections: https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pan...church-service

(3) California church services linked to COVID 19 spread:https://www.latimes.com/california/s...hurch-services.

I know. Why they would even want to risk the safety of the congregants is beyond me.

Comment

The documentation at present links: church services, parties, bars and pubs, large meetings, extended care institution staff, hospital staff, beauty parlors and barber shops, celebrations in crowds, and sporting events have spread COVD 19, and the victims took the virus home and elsewhere. There are of course other crowded indoor activities that are known to spread the COVID 19.
            Wow, so let's ban CHURCH SERVICES because there are three examples of problems, and somehow, you know that these were because of "singing and 'congregational prayer'".

And those of us who are practicing proper protocols including social distancing and masks and hand sanitizers are FAR more dangerous than people in line at Walmart, Home Depot and Kroger.

More nutjob anti-Christian bigotry on parade.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

WOW.... checking out your links --- particularly the one in Germany....

FRANKFURT, GERMANY - More than 40 people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus following a church service in Frankfurt, Germany’s financial center, earlier this month, the head of the city’s health department told a news agency Saturday.

“Most of them are not seriously ill. As far as we know only one person has been admitted to hospital,” Rene Gottschalk told the dpa agency.....

Yes, by ALL MEANS, let's ban church services worldwide!!!! Why is it that inside every liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

WOW.... checking out your links --- particularly the one in Germany....

FRANKFURT, GERMANY - More than 40 people have tested positive for the novel coronavirus following a church service in Frankfurt, Germany’s financial center, earlier this month, the head of the city’s health department told a news agency Saturday.

“Most of them are not seriously ill. As far as we know only one person has been admitted to hospital,” Rene Gottschalk told the dpa agency.....

Yes, by ALL MEANS, let's ban church services worldwide!!!! Why is it that inside every liberal is a totalitarian screaming to get out?
                This is not a question of banning all church services. These are only easily found documented examples. I can provide many more.

Though in Frankfort, Germany it is an example that 39 people were not very ill and are the carriers that spread the COVID 19 home and elsewhere.
                Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 05:46 PM.

Frank

Comment

This is not a question of banning all church services.
                  Good, because that's akin to the the moron claim JimL was making.

These are only easily found documented examples. I can provide many more.
                  So, you're thinking that the Covid virus was BORN right there in those churches, Shuny? Whoever was there got it somewhere, but your narrative requires that everybody else got it from him at that church.

Though in Frankfort, Germany it is an example that 39 people were not very ill and are the carriers that spread the COVID 19 home and elsewhere.
                  Because those people could not have POSSIBLY gotten it anywhere else.

Comment

Good, because that's akin to the the moron claim JimL was making.

So, you're thinking that the Covid virus was BORN right there in those churches, Shuny? Whoever was there got it somewhere, but your narrative requires that everybody else got it from him at that church.

Because those people could not have POSSIBLY gotten it anywhere else.
                    Miss quoting me and misrepresenting me gets you nowhere except dodging with a incoherent response.

Your neglected the documented fact that church services are a major source for spreading COVID 19.
                    Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-24-2020, 09:40 PM.

Frank

Comment

Miss quoting me and misrepresenting me gets you nowhere except dodging with a incoherent response.
                      I apologize that you're incapable of comprehending, Shuny. I'll try to make things much simpler in the future.

Your neglected the documented fact that church services are a major source for spreading COVID 19.
                      In a FEW CASES, and you'll scour the earth to find anything else to blame the church. I will leave you your anti-Christian bigotry.

Comment

I apologize that you're incapable of comprehending, Shuny. I'll try to make things much simpler in the future.
                        Simplisty does not help your emotional, incoherent name calling response.

In a FEW CASES, and you'll scour the earth to find anything else to blame the church. I will leave you your anti-Christian bigotry.
                        I can document many more, and no this has nothing to do whether it is Christian, Jewish, Islamic, Hindu or whatever. Baha'i

centers and National temples are closed, and online activities are the norm now.

Still no coherent response.

Frank

Comment

Simplisty does not help your emotional, incoherent name calling response.
                          Says they guy who's so quick to call people racists, and say stupid things like "you ought to be a lawyer for ENRON".

Why are you liberals such flaming hypocrites?

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                          Still no coherent response.
                          Well, keep trying, maybe you'll be able to come up with one.

Comment

Says they guy who's so quick to call people racists, and say stupid things like "you ought to be a lawyer for ENRON".

Your history justifies the designation.

No need to keep trying the facts speak for themselves.

Frank

Comment

Your history justifies the designation.
                              "my history" You are delusional, Shuny!

No need to keep trying the facts speak for themselves.
                              You appear to be totally ignorant of the difference between fact, opinion, and speculation. It's all ya got!

Comment

Your accusations of stereotyping follow . . .

Nothing new.

Still waiting for one from you. I cited sources. You have cited nothing, but Duck, Bob and Weave.

Frank

Comment