Matthew 11:27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew 11:27

Matthew 11:27 Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)
    27 All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal Him.

It sounds like Jesus is the one who decides who knows God and that He will choose some and not others, like we have no choice in the matter.

What do you all think?

Thanks.

Since Peter later explains that God is not willing that ANY should perish, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that Jesus desires that He be revealed to all, in due time, through the Holy Spirit.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Since Peter later explains that God is not willing that ANY should perish, I don't think it's a stretch to assume that Jesus desires that He be revealed to all, in due time, through the Holy Spirit.
      So, Jesus reveals the Father to everyone, but it is up to them to accept Him.

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
        27 All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal Him.

It sounds like Jesus is the one who decides who knows God and that He will choose some and not others, like we have no choice in the matter.
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

What do you all think?

Thanks.
          If you read single passages of scripture devoid of context you can make it say all kinds of things...back up to verse 20 and then go on down to the end of the chapter. Can this hyperbolic statement stand in light of those verses? Did Jesus really do all those miracles in Chorizan, Bethsaida and Capernaum, only to blind them so that he could pronounce judgement on their towns, while saying even Sodom would have turned if given this evidence? In addition, I would say no unless All in verse 28 & 29 really doesn't mean all.
          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
            Did Jesus really do all those miracles in Chorizan, Bethsaida and Capernaum, only to blind them so that he could pronounce judgement on their towns...
            In addition, I would say no unless All in verse 28 & 29 really doesn't mean all.
            All who are weary and burdened are invited.

Blessings,
            Lee
            "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

All who are weary and burdened are invited.

Blessings,
              Lee
              Right...so, everyone is invited. I've witnessed the Gospel to some who were weary and burdened only to have them refuse the Gospel...haven't you?
              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

This is saying some will welcome and listen to you, and some will not. But the question remains, is it true that God hardens people, lest they turn and be healed? That salvation is ultimately the choice of God?

Right...so, everyone is invited. I've witnessed the Gospel to some who were weary and burdened only to have them refuse the Gospel...haven't you?
                No, just the weary and burdened, the thirsty are invited (John 7:37, Rev. 22:17). That does not mean they will all come at the invitation, the predestinating call of God must be present too.

"And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." (Rom. 8:30)

Blessings,
                Lee

Comment

I think the result, because it is infallibly certain and is known to God, is expressed as thoughall action of the human will, which he seems
                  Last edited by Rushing Jaws; 07-12-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment