Memorial Day - How Ya Gonna Spend it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day - How Ya Gonna Spend it?

For us, it will most certainly be a time of Memorial - we will raise the flag in the morning, then lower it til half staff til noon, then raise it high, and contemplate those who have given all.

THEN, we'll have a family picnic by the pool - fajitas, hot dogs, burgers, and whatever. This year, it will be limited to family, due to the concern over Covid, but in the past, it's been a much bigger event.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

We don't have Memorial Day. We have Victoria Day, which was last weekend, and usually we celebrate it with our girl for her birthday.

Not this year.

Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:50 PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      We don't have Memorial Day. We have Victoria Day, which was last weekend, and usually we celebrate it with our girl for her birthday.

Not this year.

As my Jewish friends would say "Next year in Jerusalem!" (OK, maybe not Jerusalem)
      Last edited by mossrose; 05-17-2022, 08:50 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        As my Jewish friends would say "Next year in Jerusalem!" (OK, maybe not Jerusalem)
        We say similar at Christmas! Next year we will celebrate Jesus' birthday in the New Jerusalem! Or, sometimes we say, at Jesus' house!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          We say similar at Christmas! Next year we will celebrate Jesus' birthday in the New Jerusalem! Or, sometimes we say, at Jesus' house!

Comment

I am gonna spend it by myself.

I will be grilling out this weekend though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I am gonna spend it by myself.

I will be grilling out this weekend though.
              For you and Jake the Other?

Comment

jak2.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jake the Younger.

Yep.

Comment

I will be joining a rally in support of our veteran's Home which has been proposed for closing down by our Governor.

The proposal has been tossed by the Budget board in Sacramento but we gotta make sure it stays dead.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      I will be joining a rally in support of our veteran's Home which has been proposed for closing down by our Governor.

The proposal has been tossed by the Budget board in Sacramento but we gotta make sure it stays dead.
                      More power to you!

Comment

Several years ago, a prominent competitor of Home Depot had a commercial on the radio that went something like, "Memorial Day is a day to do things you enjoy doing and fixing things around the home." I wasn't the only one that was upsat at that. And I heard it only once, so somebody must have sent them a message.
                        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                          Several years ago, a prominent competitor of Home Depot had a commercial on the radio that went something like, "Memorial Day is a day to do things you enjoy doing and fixing things around the home." I wasn't the only one that was upsat at that. And I heard it only once, so somebody must have sent them a message.
                          Most Americans don't even know the difference between Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. Our ignorance is abysmal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Most Americans don't even know the difference between Memorial Day* and Veteran's Day. Our ignorance is abysmal.
                            At each of those Sunday (related) Services, I make sure to draw the distinction.

(And I still have congregants who remember when *it was "Decoration Day")

Comment

I will spend it remembering. Some of the boys in this picture with me never made home, or didn't make it home whole.

1971mcrd_parris_islandplatoon_162_20130527_1500525939.jpg
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment