Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"New Black Panther" Houston Leader Undergoes Police Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember reading about him years ago in the context of alleging a conspiracy against several young black men who were accused of assaulting a Hispanic girl and victim blaming her at a public meeting. It wasn't a good first impression.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
      Seems a shame you haven't yet taken advantage of the opportunity to make him a friend.
      Here's what I said, Jesse....
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel [sic] X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

That we are not "friends" is no failing on my part - the only times we've been together, he's been here in an adversarial role in cases where I happened to be on "the other side". I'm the one who went and sat with him in the lobby of the courthouse, and discussed the case with him. I absolutely reached out to him in friendship, but he was, as I said, "a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him". He was not interested in making friends, he was laser focused on somebody going to jail. Should I have further opportunity to talk to or sit with him again, I'll be happy to continue to pursue that friendship.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        I remember reading about him years ago in the context of alleging a conspiracy against several young black men who were accused of assaulting a Hispanic girl and victim blaming her at a public meeting. It wasn't a good first impression.
        I don't remember that -- but I've seen him on TV on a program called "Faceoff" where he "did battle" with Wayne Dulcefino (and others), but several of his opponents would comment "even though it looks like we're vicious adversaries at times on TV, we're very close friends behind the scenes".

That's what I would anticipate if I had more opportunity to be around him, and which is why I stressed he was (in my encounters) a perfect gentleman.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Disclosure - while I can't say Quannel X and I are "friends", we know one another, and have had several... um... courtroom appearances together. He has always been a perfect gentleman, and I have enjoyed knowing him.

Here's a video of Quannel, who had been pretty rabidly anti-cop, undergoing some police training at Missouri City, Texas Police Department. It was obviously quite eye-opening for him.

Those who are quick to fault police, for example, "emptying their clips" (magazines, not clips ) at somebody unnecessarily - Quannel does exactly that without knowing he did.

AFTER this training (at least, for a time) he was advocating "WAIT FOR THE FACTS" before coming to conclusions.

Clickinate on to Play

Jarrett Maupin from Ariz.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Clickinate on to Play

Jarrett Maupin from Ariz.
            Yup.....

I would LOVE for some of our lefties here to go through this.

Comment